Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 84votes)

Karakuri Circus

Alt Names: alt からくりサーカスalt 傀儡马戏团alt Gánh Xiếc Quái Dịalt Le Cirque de Karakuri
Author: Fujita Kazuhiro
Artist: Fujita Kazuhiro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Katou Narumi (19) suffers from Zonapha Syndrome, a rare ailment that stops his breathing unless he makes people laugh. He's been forced to abandon his training in Chinese kenpo and return to Japan, where he now works as a clown. The only problem: he's not very funny.

One day he meets Saiga Masaru (11), the recent inheritor of a huge fortune, who gives him the first laugh he's gotten all day. When he realizes Masaru is being pursued by assassins, he steps in to protect the boy, only to discover that instead of conventional weapons, the assassins wield huge, eerie puppets. They soon encounter the mysterious Shirogane (age unknown), who controls a puppet of her own, and claims she was sent from France by Masaru's late grandfather to protect him.

Their paths intertwine and diverge, splitting into two stories: Karakuri and Circus, puppets and performers, tears and laughter. The strange circus of living dolls that spreads Zonapha Syndrome, the human puppets known collectively as the Shirogane, and the puppeteers whose undying grudge set in motion both sides of this performance.
Go to Karakuri Circus Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic french scan ? New Window narumi2
  • 2 Replies
Topic Karakuri Circus latest chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Risking defeat and lose of reason for existance for EXTREME pride. New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Has this series been dropped? New Window TomDaloof
  • 2 Replies

359 Comments

Thanks for the works!

And he has yet to use hiss full rage power!!

That last page is gold. All that's missing is a glass of wine. Forget the wine, I wouldn't change a thing.

That last page...

Spoiler

But looking around there was a bunch of already badass characters who got saved multiple times by a guy who never had any proper training.

For an example look at chapter 20, in which he perfectly mimics the movements of a pro.

Just wait and read. This is explained in the future (volume 22 or 23 if I remember correctly)

I like Masaru because he isn't a typical shounen elite fighter. He's got a strong heart and is learning little by little from everyone around him gradually becoming a badass instead of being one right off the bat.

Hm, funny you say so. Because this was the complete opposite picture I got of him. Probably caused by his young age among other things, which led to his extraordinary feats agitating me because of an ideological standpoint.(Probably wrong use of the word.) To me he felt like someone who was improving faster than what should be possible, with bare minimum effort. Yes I am wrong on this specific point, he actually tried to improve. But looking around there was a bunch of already badass characters who got saved multiple times by a guy who never had any proper training.

For an example look at chapter 20, in which he perfectly mimics the movements of a pro. This arc was the one which sealed my opinion of him, and sadly I have not changed my stance yet. Most likely me being stubborn or jealous, but oh well. Can only hope you enjoy him.

Again, sorry for my childish post. Was not in my rights to present an opinion in such a negative manner. Just creates a toxic atmosphere. 

By the way 

Apology not accepted. Masaru Forever.

If at first you do not succeed, try again. Therefore, my apologies. And take them this time. Else there be hugs.

Finally, Narumi steps up to the plate.

I have to really catch up on reading everything now that they're in English, but it's getting there.  (Already on the Final Act?  Woah.)  :)   Thank you sooo much, funnuraba!!  You worked constantly and diligently on these.  I'm impressed. 

Shirogane-Oh ship! Things getting intense already.

*sees last page of chapter 165*

Wait, the dog is Lucille's daughter?

Dat missing spoiler tag man...

*sees last page of chapter 165*

Spoiler

Cliff f**king hanger!!

If the robots win we'll have to listen to techno. Heck no! Heck no! I'll never listen to techno.

EDIT: The Shirogane-o are just stupid. The number of them that lost fights are up to four and they still think they're invincible.

Great two page spread in the latest chapter. Anyone with a fear of clowns better trend carefully.

the fight haven't even started and 3 shirogane already dead.

I predicted complete and total annihilation for the shirogane.

Double release!!! Thank you!

Good chapters. Nice to see puppet users back in the manga.

The whole tiger arc put me off of this manga.

Girl sets out to get revenge upon an animal which is just acting like an animal, its like the tiger has some kind of obligation to act the way the animal trainers tell it to act.

This whole arc was like it was telling us that all animals much obey humans or they die.

That's an interesting view on it. Didn't think of it like that.

I saw the tiger as more malicious not just an animal following its instincts. But, don't let that arc turn you off the entire manga. Animals have played a very small role in the series so far.

Most of those shiroganes are going to die in 1 page or at least that is the vibe is giving XD and geroge is going to be the only shirogane O tha is going to be left alive only becuase he got after the mass murder, and thanks funnuraba for the new chapters.

Nice!

The whole tiger arc put me off of this manga.

Girl sets out to get revenge upon an animal which is just acting like an animal, its like the tiger has some kind of obligation to act the way the animal trainers tell it to act.

This whole arc was like it was telling us that all animals much obey humans or they die.

Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. The shirogane gonna unleash World War 3 to that damn Automata

Chapter should've been called Lego cause it was all build up.

Only 4 volumes left until we catch up with the official french release! Then I'll finally be able to ead the french scanlation and understand what the hell is going on. 4 books, around 10 chapters per book, one week per chapter... Damn that's still 40 weeks of waiting... T_T Anyways, keep up the good job funnuraba!

This gets better and better xD

Damn this series dropping back story bait! You know imma eat it up.

Come on Guy, tell them Narumi is alive, jerk.

Ohh wait so..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics