Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 84votes)

Karakuri Circus

Alt Names: alt からくりサーカスalt 傀儡马戏团alt Gánh Xiếc Quái Dịalt Le Cirque de Karakuri
Author: Fujita Kazuhiro
Artist: Fujita Kazuhiro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Katou Narumi (19) suffers from Zonapha Syndrome, a rare ailment that stops his breathing unless he makes people laugh. He's been forced to abandon his training in Chinese kenpo and return to Japan, where he now works as a clown. The only problem: he's not very funny.

One day he meets Saiga Masaru (11), the recent inheritor of a huge fortune, who gives him the first laugh he's gotten all day. When he realizes Masaru is being pursued by assassins, he steps in to protect the boy, only to discover that instead of conventional weapons, the assassins wield huge, eerie puppets. They soon encounter the mysterious Shirogane (age unknown), who controls a puppet of her own, and claims she was sent from France by Masaru's late grandfather to protect him.

Their paths intertwine and diverge, splitting into two stories: Karakuri and Circus, puppets and performers, tears and laughter. The strange circus of living dolls that spreads Zonapha Syndrome, the human puppets known collectively as the Shirogane, and the puppeteers whose undying grudge set in motion both sides of this performance.
Go to Karakuri Circus Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic french scan ? New Window narumi2
  • 2 Replies
Topic Karakuri Circus latest chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies
Topic Risking defeat and lose of reason for existance for EXTREME pride. New Window truepurple
  • 1 Replies
Topic Has this series been dropped? New Window TomDaloof
  • 2 Replies

359 Comments

There's 23 more volumes.

Really?

So close...

Things are getting toasty! Nice spreads of the Shirogane and automata.

How long is this "final act" anyway? lol

There's 23 more volumes.

I hate stuck up people and dolls. Die Francine.

Brom Brom Law and Harry the Horror look awesome.

Another volume finished, thank you funnuraba!

How long is this "final act" anyway? lol

If you die on me Narumi, I'll kill you.

43. There's a looooot of story ahead.

Oh my goodness, really?! Well, with the possibility of Bai Jin likely returning somehow, I would imagine he's gonna be the final antagonist, maybe together with Masaru's family.

Looking forward to that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuhEhiS32Hs

^ A short animated commercial promoting the Karakuri Circus manga. An anime would've been so awesome. Gonna sit in the corner and cry.

Say anyone knows if this is really getting closer to the ending? is this the version with 23 vols, or the one with 43?

43. There's a looooot of story ahead.

Say anyone knows if this is really getting closer to the ending? is this the version with 23 vols, or the one with 43?

I still can't trust faceless it feels like he isn't telling all the story, look at the dog it didn't belive that faceless was truly dead.

I'm telling you he's Bai Jin (well, him, or the dog, somehow).

I still can't trust faceless it feels like he isn't telling all the story, look at the dog it didn't belive that faceless was truly dead.

Holy crap! That last page.

You're a good guy!!
Sory for doubting you Faceless!! T-T

Love the creepy automata designs this chapter.

Death...NTR is punishable by DEATH!!

Because you know I'm all about that Face,
'Bout that Face, no puppets
I'm all 'bout that Face, 'bout that Face, no puppets
I'm all 'bout that Face, 'bout that Face, no puppets
I'm all 'bout that Face, 'bout that Face

Commander Faceless is awesome.

Ushio to Tora is getting a new anime 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOlvF6MiDTY

We can dream about a Karakuri Circus anime now.

I dont know why i didnt do this more soon but i would like to thank Funnuraba for picking this series, and i mean really thanks, i´ve read this series some years ago dont think it was before batoto but when a finally noticed that this series wasnt been uploaded it was a really letdown so im really greatfull with you Funnuraba for picking this amazing series, doing it by yourself ( dont know if you recieve help ) and even puttin updates in a great periodicity.

P.S.: My english isnt all that good and i think there might be some errors in this comment sorry fo that.

So is Faceless = Bai Jin (like I suspected ever since he appeared)? Lucille did say the Dog was around one of the Shirogane there the entire time, and I think it's him. It would make sense, too, for the guy to use science and artificially extend his life so he could have a chance of meeting with Lucille.

Great to see Narumi is refusing to play by the dolls' rules :

It's not the doll that control the marionettist, it's the opposite, go Narumi show those puppets what's right !

Stop making up rules as you go along, Automata. This ain't D&D.

funnuraba answer me please , do you have the french books of karakuri circus ? 

Shit.. Save for Shirogane and Guy, look like the Shirogane forces gonna extinct.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics