Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 370votes)

Machida-kun no Sekai

Alt Names: alt 町田くんの世界alt 町田君的世界alt Il Mondo di Machidaalt Machida-kun'un Dünyasıalt The World of Machida-kunalt عالم ماتشيدا-كٌن
Author: Ando Yuki
Artist: Ando Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Machida-kun seems like the perfect brother, son, and student because he loves people. Helpful when he needs to be, but puts himself down when he feels like a total failure. However, the people that surround his daily life are there as a reminder as to why Machida-kun needs no improvements because the people love Machida.

A serialization of Kyou no Machida-kun:
> http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kyou-no-machida-kun-r9928
Go to Machida-kun no Sekai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Chapter discussion, Machida-kun no Sekai New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

295 Comments

pClRO4I.jpg

Damn Machida, you smooth as fuck and you handsome.

Come on, Machida-kun, you're getting there. Keep at it.
Now go grab Inohara-san by the __________, Machida-kun.

Damn it, stop being such a wonderful human being, Machida-kun!

Damn it all, it's impossible to be so naturally smooth and kind as Machida x.x. Every chapter almost makes me tear up a little bit with how awesome he is and how much he influences others to be better people and/or overcome their fears. Best manga protagonist. 

(edit: lol I just realized I said something like this two times already a few months ago, but manga is too gud mann. Some nice, nondramatic warm feels)

i like this manga, but i dunno why i like this

Naisu flag there Machida!

You can hide it behind shoujo artstyle all you want, but in the end it's just another "Beta-kun (almost) gets all the girls"

Beta is typically defined as a person who is gutless and bitches out at every opportunity, i.e. your average harem protagonist.

Machida is an emotionally underdeveloped character that attempts to empathize with everybody he meets and as a result acts kind to everyone. Throughout the course of this story so far, he is trying to understand not only the feelings of others, but his own as well.

There's literally no overlap. I share your criticism of "betas" of being overused in the manga industry, but Jesus Christ man, at least pick a series that actually utilizes the trope. If your definition of "beta" is limited to "nice guys", then you've a huge misunderstanding. 

You can hide it behind shoujo artstyle all you want, but in the end it's just another "Beta-kun (almost) gets all the girls"

Execution is frequently more important than the premise, and that's what this manga does well. Sure, he is absurdly nice and some people love him for it: but the conversations don't feel forced, there's an actual believable reason behind his attitude, and he has this awkward, quirky touch to him that stops him from being the type of blank-slate, 'this loser is you' self-insert MC that plagues the mediunm. 

There's no doubt that this shares some common ground with a few "Beta-kun (almost) gets all the girls" manga. But it's not "just another" one. It's a damn good one.

One day, people will stop using terms coming from a misconception of wolf dynamics to describe human beings.

One day.

It's not "Beta-kun gets all the girls", it's "Beta-kun deserves all the girls". There's a difference. What other Beta-kun observes women and actually understands them to a degree, huh? (Take a look at the most recent chapter,

Spoiler

Machida uses Machida-isms.

It's very effective!!

Sensei was captured.

Machida isn't a complete goob, and inohara is willing to admit her feelings and just enjoy their relationship without anything being forced, it's really wholesome to read

Oooh, lil bro Machida is comin' for you, Inohara-san! I would ship that, but I really love her with big Machida... A bit conflicted ;)

sigh... i wish i could be like machida-kun but i just can't bring myself to like people that much

If all his siblings have "Machidaism" I think Machida can expect to gain plenty of new "brothers/sisters" in the future LOL. The trouble will be deciding who to pick as there would inevitably be a line forming for each of them, just like the one he's building.

Machida is such a good guy I might fall for him too.

I've already fallen for him

Wow, this is good.

Machida is such a good guy I might fall for him too.

So somehow no one has mentioned this in the comments, but Sakae is the absolute best.

We need a cropped 'let's go' frame from the second link for image reply purposes.

A new Machida kun chapter?!

Q9IJJMz.jpg

Oh no, it's hereditary.
So somehow no one has mentioned this in the comments, but Sakae is the absolute best.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics