Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 562votes)

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

Alt Names: alt 亚人酱有话要说alt 亜人ちゃんは語りたいalt Demi-chan Konuşmak İstiyoralt 데미는 이야기하고 싶어alt Interviews With Monster Girlsalt לדמי-צאן יש משהו לאמר
Author: Petosu
Artist: Petosu
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Succubus, Dullahan and Vampire. They are known as Ajin, or "demi"s and are slightly different than the average human. They have lived alongside humans for ages under persecution. However, in recent years, they have become accepted as members of society. This manga follows a high school biology teacher who has a great interest in demis and his interaction with the various demis in his school, each with their own cute problems.

Won 2nd place in the DaVinchi x NicoNico Tsugi ni Kuru 2016 Manga Awards.
Go to Demi-chan wa Kataritai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Who would you take as a grilfriend? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 17 Replies
Topic Looking for another manga with the same kind of plot New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 3 Replies
Topic So, this is getting an anime. thoughts? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 1 Replies

863 Comments

...I have to admit I like them with their hairstyles switched. Himari looks a little more tomboyish and cute, which goes well with her more mature personality. Hikari looks more mature and stylish, suiting her happy-go-lucky attitude.

Really? The English name is seriously "Interviews with Monster Girls"? Wow, that is a terrible name, obviously made purely to exploit the term "monster girl". Something like "Interview with a Demi" would be much better, to use their basic frame. Now that I think of it, I bet that might have been the original idea before it was changed to the generic "monster girls". Hell, anything that uses the term "Demi" which is actually important to the series rather than "monster girl" which brings to mind exactly one series (you know which one) would be infinitely better. Shame on whoever thought up and whoever approved that title.

It's probably a major problem for them too in coming up with a term. "Ajin" literally translates into "inhuman", which they can't use lest they draw the wrath of the Empire of the Mouse. "Demihuman" or "demi" in US sci-fi/fantasy fandom means hybrids between humans and alien/fantasy races - half-elves, half-orcs, Kirk's multicolored spawn, etc. "Monster girl" has been used before (a particular Lamia comes to mind) and is to be fair a better description in English of what these girls are. I still hope that they'll keep the "demi" term as a cute way for the girls to refer to themselves and just replace "ajin" with "monster girl".

That said, coming from a US sci-fantasy fandom background myself, I was a bit annoyed initially when Hikari used the term "demi" to describe her kind. To me the description is off. I suppose the problem here is that the manga defines these supernatural creatures as biological mutants to begin with (which doesn't really work with poor Machi), and that completely skews the terminology for them because they're no longer supernatural (except Machi) and biological explanations can be made for their powers (except for Machi's) - Vampires are just blood-drinking mutants adapted for the night; succubi influence people with pheromones and give people erotic dreams also through pheromones; yuki-onna are extreme ectotherms that consume heat from their environment. You can see why Machi is out of place... I was going to invent biological radio to explain how she controls her body, then realized FOOD also has to get transferred down there. Also, until Hikari's family was shown I still thought that these girls were meant to be demihumans in the traditional way, with a human and nonhuman parent. 

Yeah, I love Ironman, too.

Tetsujin?

79322.jpg

Oh look author acknowledge the best girl

Spoiler

Yeah, I love Ironman, too.

Oh look author acknowledge the best girl

Spoiler

This is now available, in English, as "Interviews with Monster Girls". For those interested.

Volume One came out on November 1.

Really? The English name is seriously "Interviews with Monster Girls"? Wow, that is a terrible name, obviously made purely to exploit the term "monster girl". Something like "Interview with a Demi" would be much better, to use their basic frame. Now that I think of it, I bet that might have been the original idea before it was changed to the generic "monster girls". Hell, anything that uses the term "Demi" which is actually important to the series rather than "monster girl" which brings to mind exactly one series (you know which one) would be infinitely better. Shame on whoever thought up and whoever approved that title.

This is now available, in English, as "Interviews with Monster Girls". For those interested.

Volume One came out on November 1.

That was unexpectedly cute.

Yeah, just like Working... umm... just like Erased!... umm... Log Horizon S1... errr...

Quick, what's a non-Ace Attorney anime they fucked up?! Umm... ummm....

I guess Digibro is wrong, huh.

Spoiler

Ironically, if this chapter had never happened, Ironman-Sensei wouldn't have been arrested ten years later for the decapitation of nineteen girlfriends.  "They're just so much less annoying this way," he was heard to protest as the police officers shoved him into the van.

Real talk though, I do like how Sakie-sensei is actually not trying to seduce Ironman-sensei since this approach will bring out truer colors of how they feel for each other. As a warshipper, I hope the Tetsuo x Sakie ship is mounted with premium damage control party and will not have to use it.

However, imagine if Sakie-sensei actually dressed "normally" and are we ever gonna get a chapter volume where he does home visits primarily for Sakie-sensei? If the trio would like to tag-along... for... "reasons."

Come on, Petosu-sensei... There is so much to learn from this series and this "research" for my college thesis is what I have been looking for!
I require maximum cooperation!!

tl:dr Sakie pls gib moar.

Spoiler
To be fair Redline did take 8 years and was hand drawn.

Aww that was cute.

I really enjoy Sensei's reactions here and that he's not a creepo at all which is a huge worry when dealing with manga involving a dude (even if he's older) surrounded by high school girls.

I also find his genuine care for the ajins in the school to be refreshing because, he is not showing any real attraction to them and he is sticking to his role as a teacher and role model.

Well, I guess we know who Hikari inherited her genes from...

cat face run down in family ...

rK4Ot.jpg

Yeah, just like Working... umm... just like Erased!... umm... Log Horizon S1... errr...

Ah yes, Log Horizon S1.

... Which was done by Satelight, not A-1, so...

Congratulations, you just showed your ignorance.

Well, I guess we know who Hikari inherited her genes from...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

that father's face....

Aww that was cute.

I really enjoy Sensei's reactions here and that he's not a creepo at all which is a huge worry when dealing with manga involving a dude (even if he's older) surrounded by high school girls.

Working is not my cup of tea so I never bothered. Erased was shit. I never got the hype for log horizon, it's alright but I didn't feel anything watching it which almost makes it worse. Didn't watch the ace attorney animes so I can't comment on that. What I can say is that everything that I've seen from A1 (which doesn't include everything because who has time to slog through all that crap) has either been terrible or just okay. It's not something unique to A1 but they stick out in my mind by being more consistent in their shittery.

This is not to say that I've only seen terrible anime recently, I watched redline (the 2009 film) a few months ago which shows that there's at least some people in japan who still knows how to make good stuff (I felt more during the ending that movie than all the other animes I've watched these last few years combined). Just a shame it doesn't happen often and that it's mostly bad or bland stuff that's made. Then again why should they when they could just take something that's become popular, make a okay or subpar product and sell it on the brand name alone.

Spoiler

Well it's subjective to begin with after all.

I consider Gate to be a massive cock-up but it's hard to make a good anime out of a shit series in general

To be fair, they messed up the ending of Erased(compared to the manga) to an extent. Wasn't anywhere near as good, at least in my opinion.

Don't start squeeing yet. If the current state of anime adaptations and anime in general are any indication it's going to be trash and considering it's by A1 pictures it's pretty much guaranteed to be trash.

Don't start squeeing yet. If the current state of anime adaptations and anime in general are any indication it's going to be trash and considering it's by A1 pictures it's pretty much guaranteed to be trash.

"Flashback to Jitsu Wa anime"

I like how Hikari's father has very similar traits to his daughter, even without that last page telling you so.

From how they act, and how they talk sometimes, you can see that they're both very intimate and very energetic when they talk to others, but are still caring.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics