Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 191votes)

Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru

Alt Names: alt 東のくるめと隣のめぐる
Author: Abiko Yu
Artist: Abiko Yu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kousuke has a boring high-school life, but he sits next to his crush--the really popular, cute Tsukahara Meguru, who has a cool, stoic personality. One day, his parents announce that they're moving, but that he'll still be able to attend the same school. The new apartment building has a lovely river and friendly neighbors... and it is next door to where Tsukahara lives! Outside of school, she seems to have a completely different personality, friendly and a little quirky. She makes him promise not to tell the others at school how she acts at home, but why does she put on such an act for her classmates? [tethysdust]
Go to Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Halloween Full of Girls? New Window Fadamor
  • 0 Replies
Topic Need a translator!! New Window Kiddo
  • 1 Replies

308 Comments

It seems when you take a picture with 3 people give you bad luck isn't just in vietnamese legend. It's maybe the same in others asia countries ?

It's the same in Indonesia. 

It's also bad to take a picture of people sleeping. Is that the same for other Asia countries?

It seems when you take a picture with 3 people give you bad luck isn't just in vietnamese legend. It's maybe the same in others asia countries ?

I think this fits right up there with some of the best Slice of Life stories.

Sakurako is still best girl

Thanks BosScan. dont be bosen to translate this manga.. XD

Spoiler

The title of the fifth chapter is interesting.

Also, LOL Kousuke's face when the old lady mistook him and Tsukahara for a 'cute couple'. : D
This chapter felt oddly short...

I like this chill and relax manga mmm...

If all else fails, MC can just go for the imouto instead.

We've had plenty of harem titles, and plenty of little sister titles. I guess a combination was overdue, unless you count Josh Duggar.

*crickets* ...still too soon, huh?

(Sorry, Josh. They didn't buy it, so we're still on for Ten Tentacles and Counting. Report to Studio Lot J early Monday morning to get measured for your sailor fuku.)

If all else fails, MC can just go for the imouto instead.

@arimareiji: While I do agree with you about most of that, this manga feels weird to me for some reason. I just can't put my finger on it. Nonetheless, I'm still enjoying the story.

Like something deep or dark happened that's why she need to keep her personality at check or something. It's like a time bomb just waiting to happen we just can't see the timer.

on the side note i think middle sister is best grill. :) :) :)

Yeah, first time i'm translating this like "lolwut no way".

You can also read the title as "Tsukahara is not supposed to be mine only, I know that."

Which is still kinda depressing too lol

@arimareiji: While I do agree with you about most of that, this manga feels weird to me for some reason. I just can't put my finger on it. Nonetheless, I'm still enjoying the story.

A big thank you again to the scanlators: This manga was a great choice, and we really appreciate you taking the time to bring it to us. ^_^

This chapter's title is far more depressing and cynical than the actual story of the chapter.

It's like a Yotsuba chapter titled "Yotsuba & The Death of Innocence as Time Moves Relentlessly Forward"

If you strike the "far" I would agree, but I think Abiko-sensei is trying to keep it fresh by reminding us that it's not a given that they'll end up together. Everything seems like it's going well to us... but it's only been three chapters since 1:10-12, particularly the last two frames of 1:12. There haven't been any major developments, and the MC is reasonably afraid to get his hopes up for such a high-spec girl.

Spoiler

^ Not a spoiler, just keeping it under ten lines.

This chapter's title is far more depressing and cynical than the actual story of the chapter.

It's like a Yotsuba chapter titled "Yotsuba & The Death of Innocence as Time Moves Relentlessly Forward"

The first three chapters of this Manga were fun to read. Followed!

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Gives me the same feeling as summer wars.. :3

If that's the case... followed!!!
Thanks for translate it, Bosen Scanlation!!

1) Cute + heartwarming + old-school = win.

2) Thank you very much for bringing this to us. ^_^

Gives me the same feeling as summer wars.. :3

I kinda dig the imouto...

Same. She looks kind of cute lol

Noo~ I'm just but a humble translator ;_;

That's when you blame the proofreader!

Unless I made that mistake, of course.

...then it's on you.

Anyone know the source for that Homura and cats pic on credit page?

Wow nice, thanks for picking this up

it looks generic but still a fun read, hope it doesnt became some type of harem again though lol 

*Pulls out a banana and puts it against Bosen's head* the next time you write "more faster" I will take this slightly crushed 4 year old banana and feed it to you... whole... (and no this is not a euphemism) lol jk but great job bringing us the manga!

Noo~ I'm just but a humble translator ;_;
Okay...definitely followed. Thanks for the releases! :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics