Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 191votes)

Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru

Alt Names: alt 東のくるめと隣のめぐる
Author: Abiko Yu
Artist: Abiko Yu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kousuke has a boring high-school life, but he sits next to his crush--the really popular, cute Tsukahara Meguru, who has a cool, stoic personality. One day, his parents announce that they're moving, but that he'll still be able to attend the same school. The new apartment building has a lovely river and friendly neighbors... and it is next door to where Tsukahara lives! Outside of school, she seems to have a completely different personality, friendly and a little quirky. She makes him promise not to tell the others at school how she acts at home, but why does she put on such an act for her classmates? [tethysdust]
Go to Higashi no Kurume to Tonari no Meguru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A Halloween Full of Girls? New Window Fadamor
  • 0 Replies
Topic Need a translator!! New Window Kiddo
  • 1 Replies

308 Comments

so... the main girl act like a 8 y/o kid, the little sis is totally and completly fine with everything and automatically asume that they will be a couple, meanwhile MC does absolutly nothing at all for anything... good thing there are few chapters left.

I kinda feel bad for the little sister even though she's like ultra nice mmm...

Get two for the price of one.

I kinda feel bad for the little sister even though she's like ultra nice mmm...

Spoiler

What is it with these romance series where authors make their side characters more interesting than the main characters? I like the little sister way more

Wait, I'm confused, gossip girl spread rumors about Meguru confessing to a girl (Tsubasa, who she mistook for a guy), but somehow still didn't know she was a girl until now?  Is this the same case with the original dialogue not referring to any gender and the pronouns in the translation were added?  

That's the shitty part about translating from Japanese to English - you can't avoid using pronouns, and there are often cases where the one used in translation turns out to be the wrong one in a few chapters. Obviously not the fault of the translator, rather the language, obviously.

Wait, I'm confused, gossip girl spread rumors about Meguru confessing to a girl (Tsubasa, who she mistook for a guy), but somehow still didn't know she was a girl until now?

Yeah, as for why i think it's for plot convineince lol

Wait, I'm confused, gossip girl spread rumors about Meguru confessing to a girl (Tsubasa, who she mistook for a guy), but somehow still didn't know she was a girl until now?  Is this the same case with the original dialogue not referring to any gender and the pronouns in the translation were added?  

She gets shaky an feels weird when around him...

Clearly she's sick of him then!

it's the other way round

She gets shaky an feels weird when around him...

Clearly she's sick of him then!

The eternal cliffhanger.

Eh personally I thought it wrapped it up nicely on a lighthearted note.

try itoshi no karin, maybe?

The eternal cliffhanger.

duuuuuuuudeee!! i really liked that shit 'til the last few chapters. :(

Oh no she caught the dokis

So cute

She's showing the symptoms of a very dangerous disease. She's getting love sick.

and it's terminal!!!

Sooo.... this girl seems to have some kind of mental disease, was that explained somewhere or are they just going with it?

Love is in the air~

Sooo.... this girl seems to have some kind of mental disease, was that explained somewhere or are they just going with it?

She won't say anything big for sure . 

I have never seen a cliffhanger like this

I have never seen a cliffhanger like this

I've literally never seen wooden planks that are this good at acting.

How do they do it?

She... to Ei-kun...

She's a neighbour!

The harem grows?

What with that cliffhanger at the chapter!! Try make peace den they end it that way!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics