Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.23 - 61votes)

Survival

Alt Names: alt ต้องรอดalt サバイバルalt 陆地沉没记
Author: Saito Takao
Artist: Saito Takao
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: An inexplicable catastrophe plunges Japan to the bottom of the ocean. A boy survives the misfortune, but he has been abandoned in a land surrounded by sea on all sides. His effort to stay alive compels him to sharpen his wit, as he finds that nothing he learned in school is useful for staying alive.

Side Story:
> Survival: Another Story (http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/survival-another-story-r20343)

Remake:
> Survival: Shounen S no Kiroku (http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/survival-shounen-s-no-kiroku-r18675)
Go to Survival Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Survival released chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 10 Replies

476 Comments

Aside from his own mother and sister, who seem to be a exception, it seems like this comic is saying men are much more likely to survive an environmental catastrophe than women, by merit of the ratio shown.

I'm surprised Satou didn't give them the general direction of the village upriver; he did make a promise to return there someday after finding his family, and that's a better option than middling around for scraps in their own area any longer.

The character's sheer uselessness overshadowed everything else for me. She was literally less useful than the bear that tried to eat the MC.

She was jobbing so they could further showcase MCs will to survive and mental fortitude, haha...

At least she had some sex appeal.

I dunno, man, I can't for the life of me see how having a rack makes up for the other stuff. The character's sheer uselessness overshadowed everything else for me. She was literally less useful than the bear that tried to eat the MC.

I give that group a week, 2 tops, and they will be killing each other for rations and then starve to dead, hell they may be already dead.

This has to be the worst character development I've read in this manga. Except maybe what's-her-face from the island.

At least she had some sex appeal.

So what now for them....reverse-harem? Otherwise (forgot her name already so I'm gonna call her Wendy, Peter Pan, Rufio and the lost boys), I hope they venture out to look for other people, because there ain't enough pussy to go around later in their adult years reason, to keep living just for the sake of living out in the middle of nowhere.

Hmm, surprisingly,

Spoiler

Nope, never mind. There was that guy in the beginning with the mirror under the building, and the other corpse with an arrow, though both were already goners upon introduction.

This has to be the worst character development I've read in this manga. Except maybe what's-her-face from the island.

k, bye. *walks into next danger*

"Hey, guys. remember when we LOOOOVED to see people fighting to the death over petty things? We love sensless murder! What? School memories? Oh no! We must risk our lives to preserve our school pride!"

A silly thought crossed my mind.

Nobody suffered from cavities among the survivors? Imagine a pain in the mouth, growing more unbearable day after day, ruining your day and sleep every day as you struggle to survive...

Brrr.

No joke now: in the old Roman empire, the would-be italians had a very high suicide rate, caused by the terrible quality of their flour leading to dental abcesses and uncurable wear of the teeth.

Since they have most likely a low sugar diet, like extremely low, and most of the food they have access to is fish, leafy vegetables (probably the only ones that have it good enough for rise were the ones on that town that appears on the omake) and the occasional rare rabbit (which is already a lot because so far the only proficient hunter is our boy), undernourishment is way more likely than actual tooth decay, because there's just not enough food to sustain the bacteria that consume your teeth, plus all their water is "slightly" polluted from volcanic eruptions, being it from a river, underground well, or a lake, it was all affected, so they probably get the same amount of fluoride on their water as before (probably even more, which could be dangerous).

Nobody suffered from cavities among the survivors? Imagine a pain in the mouth, growing more unbearable day after day, ruining your day and sleep every day as you struggle to survive...

Brrr.

No joke now: in the old Roman empire, the would-be italians had a very high suicide rate, caused by the terrible quality of their flour leading to dental abcesses and uncurable wear of the teeth.

I'm guessing it hasn't been long enough after the catastrophe. Also, the primary issue has been inadequate quantity of food, not just quality. Interesting information, though - just one of those things you might not even think about when coming up with one of those after-the-end scenarios.

Brrr.

2 asses > 1 ass. The math checked out.

You did the math indeed!

Lord of the Flies?

He is going to get unnecessarily jealous, or try to get Shigeo to help him kill the others if he success he doesn't has to worry about the opposing group, and if he falls he gets to keep the girl.

Of course it is all for naught because our boy has way better ass waiting for him on the previous village.

2 asses > 1 ass. The math checked out.

Cucked.

He is going to get unnecessarily jealous, or try to get Shigeo to help him kill the others if he success he doesn't has to worry about the opposing group, and if he falls he gets to keep the girl.

Of course it is all for naught because our boy has way better ass waiting for him on the previous village.

Cucked.

Congratulations on your 100th chapter! Dumbnut.

I'm curious on what ground the author decided to kill off the girl. Was it the pressure from editor or the fans sent some letters of dissatisfaction after the previous chapter... I's inconsitent...The MC talking about keeping alive yet killing the girl which symbolises the future...

Or grow up to be old and jaded and disillusioned. Or maybe-

"The old pick finally broke and the man in rags collapsed. He had spent a month trudging through the desert in pursuit of another clue, his rations quickly disappearing, his life ticking away with every gulp of water. The weather had changed so dramatically that he had long ago lost track of time. How many years? How many abandoned friends and bitter sacrifices on the road to his family?

He had spent the last leg of his journey in a delirium, moving forward because that was the only thing left. The last scrap of food was gone, and hardly anything lived in this scarred desert.

Lying face-first in a bed of gravel, feeling in his bones and his burning skin that the end was at hand, the man had a moment of clarity. A voice - though not so much a voice as a realization - spoke at the back of his mind; it spoke the truth he had refused to acknowledge. How his family had been with him on the day of the cave-in, how they had fallen into an underground ravine before his journey had even begun. The man knew, he had known all along, that they had simply been a reason to move forward, one he had failed to abandon. Was it the sense of purpose? The feeling of belonging he could not experience with the companions he found along the way? Why had he allowed himself to keep following the delusion?

The man died without knowing the answer."

So his family was all along on his sniper island.

I don't get it either.

sex

at this rate our boy will develop a severe adrenaline addiction.

Or grow up to be old and jaded and disillusioned. Or maybe-

"The old pick finally broke and the man in rags collapsed. He had spent a month trudging through the desert in pursuit of another clue, his rations quickly disappearing, his life ticking away with every gulp of water. The weather had changed so dramatically that he had long ago lost track of time. How many years? How many abandoned friends and bitter sacrifices on the road to his family?

He had spent the last leg of his journey in a delirium, moving forward because that was the only thing left. The last scrap of food was gone, and hardly anything lived in this scarred desert.

Lying face-first in a bed of gravel, feeling in his bones and his burning skin that the end was at hand, the man had a moment of clarity. A voice - though not so much a voice as a realization - spoke at the back of his mind; it spoke the truth he had refused to acknowledge. How his family had been with him on the day of the cave-in, how they had fallen into an underground ravine before his journey had even begun. The man knew, he had known all along, that they had simply been a reason to move forward, one he had failed to abandon. Was it the sense of purpose? The feeling of belonging he could not experience with the companions he found along the way? Why had he allowed himself to keep following the delusion?

The man died without knowing the answer."

You'll learn when you're older.

I don't get it either.

at this rate our boy will develop a severe adrenaline addiction.

Looks like this arc will be a Lord of the Flies parallel.

But none of 'em have the ass-mar!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics