Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 505votes)

Gosu (The Master)

Alt Names: alt 고수
Author: Ryu Ki-Woon
Artist: Moon Jung-Hoo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A young man set forth to avenge his master, a once powerful martial artist who was betrayed by his own men and barely escaped with his life. Armed with his master's supreme martial art techniques, he is ready to bring terror and wreak havoc among the murim. But before he even got started, he learns that the ones who had betrayed his master are already dead... Erm, so what happens now?

Raws found at: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=662774&weekday=wed
Go to Gosu (The Master) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is there any connection between Gosu and Yongbi The Invicible? New Window Roxis
  • 2 Replies
Topic Too good to read for free New Window jonboybeebop
  • 4 Replies
Topic New Chapter Discussion. New Window geenius3ab
  • 16 Replies
Topic Gosu Wiki New Window Demotivator
  • 6 Replies

1760 Comments

Oh great, now he is a bad person.

He sure turned edgy awfully quick.  Can't say I like these developments much.

I was expecting a little more balance between the edgy and naive shounen protagonists in the form of middle ground, not hopping from moderate naive to moderate edgy.

The point is that I expected less brooding and quicker decision making.

The problem is that who deserves to deliver the punishment. Don't know if I miss sth, but the MC didn't suffer from whatever the villain did to his master, and the society is basically lawless (no government/ law enforcers shows up when stuff happens), so from what I see, no one has the right to judge the villain yet (we only know the story from one side).
And the "revenge for his master" sounds really weak as a reason, considering that the master told MC to live his life, not killing, so who is the MC fighting for? Against a weakened enemy that saved him no less.

Eh.. Ryong's master saved his life. That is why he was living with him and training under him in the first place. Second of all, Ryong's master telling him to not kill IS why he is slightly torn on the issue, however in that same flashback Ryong's master was shown to be very senile.

The real reason Ryong didn't kill everyone there was because he doesn't harm innocent people. Him saying, "If you don't get out of my way I assume that you are ready to die." to the armed guards is because he was about to kill everyone there. What stopped him was the arrival of the villagers, nothing else.

The artist even makers this obvious with the change of pace when the villagers arrive. It goes from focusing on Ryong's angry eyes to hiding his expression, then focusing on the rocks, and then the villagers who threw them.

The problem is that who deserves to deliver the punishment. Don't know if I miss sth, but the MC didn't suffer from whatever the villain did to his master, and the society is basically lawless (no government/ law enforcers shows up when stuff happens), so from what I see, no one has the right to judge the villain yet (we only know the story from one side).
And the "revenge for his master" sounds really weak as a reason, considering that the master told MC to live his life, not killing, so who is the MC fighting for? Against a weakened enemy that saved him no less.

Revenge isn't about justice. It's not about having the right to judge and/or punish. As you've said - It's a lawless society and from what we have seen so far, we could say that "might makes right". Maybe Ryong considers the revenge as an obligation towards his master. Maybe his revenge isn't in the form of killing either (considering what he said, in this chapter).

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but somehow I get the feeling that the villagers arriving was all planned.

No, you have to pay for your actions no matter how you repent. Nothing will delete what has been done

When you're expecting Raoh but get Toki...

It kinda reminds me of Fire Punch and Doma. A guy who killed lots of people, but is suddenly protected by the "innocents".

In his "previous life", this Miruk guy was probably scum, who killed countless people.

Now, he's shielded by people he helped since starting a new life, because they don't know, or care, about his previous life.

Does atoning absolve him of his crimes?

No, you have to pay for your actions no matter how you repent. Nothing will delete what has been done

It kinda reminds me of Fire Punch and Doma. A guy who killed lots of people, but is suddenly protected by the "innocents".

In his "previous life", this Miruk guy was probably scum, who killed countless people.

Now, he's shielded by people he helped since starting a new life, because they don't know, or care, about his previous life.

Does atoning absolve him of his crimes?

Calling it now, the whole point of his seeking out the disciples who'd betrayed his master is to prove his strength to his master, and that his master's teachings weren't in vain.

Suddenly jumping around made him throw up all the tomato he had breakfast. The real fight starts next chapter.

One of my favorite series, but holy crap do we need some decompression.

It's clear there's something more going on. Something that will connect with the other plot threads from before even imo. This is interesting.

Gang can make a badass disdainful face when he wants to^^

Anyway I'm liking this, but what a miserable situation for both of them really imo...

don't pity him! kill him!!

He's disappointed lol

Of course he is disappointed. I would be too if I had borrowed and spent as much money as he did, only to find this guy and have this happen. Though, I assume there is more to the story than what has been revealed.

Jagi, is that you?

And didn't his master not want him to pursue revenge? Seems a bit hollow now.

He's disappointed lol

Hey dumpling butt.

He did mention he 'paid dearly for it'.

my god his face

28hh8cz.jpg

interested to see how this fight will turn out given all the circumstances.

what do you mean the guy that he is trying to kill saved his life even though he is fully aware why he is there to begin with, there has to be a reason for it doesn't seem like the guy is that evil to me or at least isn't anymore

Well, it's only part 1. The last one was 21 parts. People in this strip hide all sorts of weird power, so I guess we'll see.

If there is something I learned while reading these authors' works is that whenever a character becomes respectable/righteous after perpetrating a terrible action (betraying his sect leader), he's either seriously honest and trying to change or planning something even bigger like taking over the country or the murim.

a couple of old man as hostage.... very clever villain...

Haven't you learnt anything from the previous chapters?

1 old man can destroy whole walley.

I can't even imagine what would happen if there were two of them...

a couple of old man as hostage.... very clever villain...

I think it's more the old men who cant catch a break. I mean just after they were freed from Sa Paecheon, they find out the prisoner escaped^^ Looks like it's personal for Gwi Yeong as well. His passive behaviour up until now, just makes me more interested in how the whole treason affair went down.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics