Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 505votes)

Gosu (The Master)

Alt Names: alt 고수
Author: Ryu Ki-Woon
Artist: Moon Jung-Hoo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: A young man set forth to avenge his master, a once powerful martial artist who was betrayed by his own men and barely escaped with his life. Armed with his master's supreme martial art techniques, he is ready to bring terror and wreak havoc among the murim. But before he even got started, he learns that the ones who had betrayed his master are already dead... Erm, so what happens now?

Raws found at: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=662774&weekday=wed
Go to Gosu (The Master) Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is there any connection between Gosu and Yongbi The Invicible? New Window Roxis
  • 2 Replies
Topic Too good to read for free New Window jonboybeebop
  • 4 Replies
Topic New Chapter Discussion. New Window geenius3ab
  • 16 Replies
Topic Gosu Wiki New Window Demotivator
  • 6 Replies

1760 Comments

If it's any consolation, Line Webtoons released 5 chapters on the launch day and another chapter on the next day. Hopefully it won't take them more than 2 months to catch up to the raw.

It will definitely take them more than two months the way they're going... it's a bittersweet day really. Brilliant that Gosu is getting the exposure it deserves but a crying shame that LINE, with their god-awful handiwork, will be the one's doing it. SCS thanks for your continued hard work.

A question: will the chapters uploaded here be taken down soon or...? And just to confirm, SCS you're dropping Gosu and leaving it entirely to LINE now correct ?

Yeah, you can try comparing the official version with ours, by putting up both versions side by side. I've only checked the prologue, and it's not just the awkward terminology but also the omission of various details in the translation that makes me uncomfortable - obviously they had to cut corners to produce scripts more quickly.

But anyway, not much we can do - and frankly, it won't impact your reading experience too much (Even if some details are omitted, you won't miss them since you didn't know they were there to begin with) and the official translation is adequate for following the plot and understanding what's happening. And the authors should get something out of it too, so I wouldn't complain too much, lol.

Sadly, it felt akward reading the official translation after havin already read yours... somehow i wish they wouldn't have done an official translation...

If it's any consolation, Line Webtoons released 5 chapters on the launch day and another chapter on the next day. Hopefully it won't take them more than 2 months to catch up to the raw.

Even at 2 chapters a week it will take 44! weeks for them to catch up...

It's great for the author that it gets picked up by Naver, but it's yet another series I'll have to wait on to be caught up with current translations (same happened to me with "Tower of God" and "Magician")

Thanks for the work you've done SCS!

I'm a bit torn about this. On the one hand it's good for the authors. They will get more recognition and earn some money (i think?). They deserve this of course, because their work is fantastic. On the other hand it's bad for us, readers, because webtoon isn't know for their "good" translation, and we will have to wait a few months before they catch up. Oh well, i can only thank SCS for their amazing job. Your chapters were top quality, and it was pleasure to read them. I wish you good luck in your future projects. 

PS: If there are grammatical mistakes, then i'm sorry. English is my second language. 

Yeah, you can try comparing the official version with ours, by putting up both versions side by side. I've only checked the prologue, and it's not just the awkward terminology but also the omission of various details in the translation that makes me uncomfortable - obviously they had to cut corners to produce scripts more quickly.

But anyway, not much we can do - and frankly, it won't impact your reading experience too much (Even if some details are omitted, you won't miss them since you didn't know they were there to begin with) and the official translation is adequate for following the plot and understanding what's happening. And the authors should get something out of it too, so I wouldn't complain too much, lol.

Glad to see it brought to a wider audience on webtoons. The translations on webtoons, however, never felt up to par, especially when it comes to wuxia based terminology.
Take the prologue for example, they translated what is here "middle kingdom" as "central district", really?...

Ah, it's finally happened.

That's it for us, ladies and gents. Thanks for all your support, and please continue supporting Gosu at the official webtoon site from now! :D

Thanks for the good job done guys.

At least the webtoon site is uploading 2 chapters per week, will take some time but eventually they will be uploading the lastest chapters weekly.

Ah, it's finally happened.

That's it for us, ladies and gents. Thanks for all your support, and please continue supporting Gosu at the official webtoon site from now! :D

Just saw they are officially translating it now. I don't know what's going to happen on this end, but I just want to say thanks to SCS for all the work they do!

Glad to see it brought to a wider audience on webtoons. The translations on webtoons, however, never felt up to par, especially when it comes to wuxia based terminology.
Take the prologue for example, they translated what is here "middle kingdom" as "central district", really?...

"Finally" Are you serious? You been readin this from the start here and now you switch to webtoons? You gotta stay here and support them. Bato.to > Webtoons. Top Quality since chapter 1. I aint switching

I also can't believe that webtoons upload this now. They have a way bigger community than this. What a shame. Bato.to for live boiz

How ignorant can one be? This is the most ridiculous thing I've read today.

"Finally" Are you serious? You been readin this from the start here and now you switch to webtoons? You gotta stay here and support them. Bato.to > Webtoons. Top Quality since chapter 1. I aint switching

I also can't believe that webtoons upload this now. They have a way bigger community than this. What a shame. Bato.to for live boiz

It's fine if you don't want to switch, but please consider just clicking on the Webtoon chapters and giving a like to support the authors. Batoto is nice, but it doesn't offer direct support for the original authors.

Bato will probably be pressured to take it down by naver, so at the very least it won't be available here anymore, That will probably happen regardless of what SCS plans to do, but yes I'm quite sure we'll all miss the SCS scans=/

It's unfortunate, although it is better for the authors.

FINALLY!!! Hope they'll be releasing at least1 chapter per day all in all it's gonna take at least 3 months to catch up to the latest raws :/

SCS are you dropping the scanlations ?

FINALLY!!! Hope they'll be releasing at least1 chapter per day all in all it's gonna take at least 3 months to catch up to the latest raws :/

SCS are you dropping the scanlations ?

Pretty good, for all that I hate this style of panel progression.

I knew fast guy and psycho guy would be back.  Also, thanks for the chapter!

Is it just me... or is the girl who just found her brother... the same girl that Chief Gang rescued in chapter 1 of season 1...?

Well yeah, of course? We knew that all along since season 1 :/

First off nice to have season 2 up now, thank for the translators job.

Those sfx made me lol, clippity-clop clippity-clop xd

LOL I was trying to figure out the first 3 scenes then I finally saw that they where running not trotting.

Why eh?

Spoiler

Those sfx made me lol, clippity-clop clippity-clop xd

Whoo!  Season 2 is here!

Also happy we get to revisit some old characters, the fighting at the end of season 1 was great, but I did miss a bit of the slice of life antics early on.  And I'm sure I'm not the only one that wanted to see more of Chief Gang's girl.  And by the looks of it, she's certainly thinking of him.

Is it just me... or is the girl who just found her brother... the same girl that Chief Gang rescued in chapter 1 of season 1...?

Oh lawd have mercy.

It is back, i miss you so much pleasantly plump brother! Everybody loves youuu

clippity fucking clop motherfucker

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics