Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.4 - 288votes)

Tales of Demons and Gods

Alt Names: alt 妖神记alt Cuentos de Demonios y Diosesalt Fortellinger om Demoner og Guderalt Tales of Demons and Godsalt Yaoshenjialt Клеймо Зловещего Духаalt Сказания о Демонах и Богах
Author: Mad Snail
Artist: Jiang Ruotai
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureHarem HaremMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Killed by a Sage Emperor and reborn as his 13 year old self, Nie Li was given a second chance at life. A second chance to change everything, save his loved ones and his beloved city. He shall once again battle with the Sage Emperor to avenge his death. With the vast knowledge he accumulated in his previous life, he shall have a new starting point. Although he started as the weakest, without a doubt, he will climb the steps towards the strongest.

Cultivating the strongest cultivation technique, wielding the strongest demon spirits, he shall reach the pinnacle of Martial Arts. Enmities of the past will be settled in this new lifetime.

“Since I’m back, then in this lifetime, I shall become the King of Gods that dominates everything. Let everything else tremble beneath my feet!”
(synopsis from wuxiaworld)

Original Webcomic
http://www.u17.com/comic/99874.html
Go to Tales of Demons and Gods Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic This chapter he's naruto, next chapter he's goku and goes super saiyan New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 2 Replies
Topic Chapter 132 COMPLETELY untranslated, despite being marked as "English" New Window Zapstur
  • 0 Replies
Topic Just go to www.readmanga.today New Window ZaneofBane
  • 3 Replies
Topic Translated Chinese Novel New Window Thyaeria
  • 7 Replies

521 Comments

The Cliffsters are at it again you guys.

cliffhangers, our worst enemy! (beside "people who say your waifu is shit" and "people who whines isekais are bad")

The Cliffsters are at it again you guys.

You win this round sir *forks over cash*

10 Imaginary Batoto Dollars Ning Er's just going to accept it with no question whatsoever

This makes me want to make a batoto comment betting system for "Bato Bucks"... I should be pretty easy. Only problem would be the breaking ToS possibly for posting in comments via a bot... it'd get quite spamy... an online interface? No... I'll just scrap the idea. Not to mention how to check comment sections(as a whole). If it were just this one it'd be fine... maybe a thread? Within this section(Latest Forum Posts)? ...Maybe. Fun chapter, look forward to more.

u mean that star martial thing, or is there another untranslated work of him that's not here yet?

Star Martial God, yes that one.

10 Imaginary Batoto Dollars Ning Er's just going to accept it with no question whatsoever

You win this round sir *forks over cash*

still find it funny that Mad Snail's other Manhua has a neater, more orderly storyline than this series.

u mean that star martial thing, or is there another untranslated work of him that's not here yet?

goddamn this MC is a really smooth talker. bet he could persuade his dumber enemies to kill themselves

Spoiler

Even though I'm caught up on the LN it's still really fun to read it again in this format

still find it funny that Mad Snail's other Manhua has a neater, more orderly storyline than this series.

Watch your step you guys this is a steep one.

WOW, The first page the snow can moving. I'm amazed, what kind of sorcery is this!!!
#greetings_from_caveman

Wow, you english are very well. None offense, I'm just a grammar & spelling nazi

Btw, its named a GIF, or a Graphics Interchange Format. Yes, I have to google this.

WOW, The first page the snow can moving. I'm amazed, what kind of sorcery is this!!!
#greetings_from_caveman

Watch your step you guys this is a steep one.

>Illustrated white wings
>His black wings

Am I missing something or did the author just fuck up?

the artist sometimes forgets to color things in, it has happened in the past a few times already.

If my comment referring to you near the end there sounded condescending it wasn't meant to be so sorry if that's how it seemed. In terms of the story to me at least the Conviction arc has a faster pace than other arcs(not counting the prologue) so when animated it was just faster than some might have expected. In terms of the cg again I think inexperience and probably budget made a huge dent in the quality as the golden age arc movies were done by studio 4c and the quality of cg in the films is actually better than some give it credit for.

And believe me I would have loved for the animation to be done by a better studio hell give the thing to David Productions since they did such an amazing job with Jojo but the fact is there is some sort of problem with animating berserk that just has mixed results. Like the 90's anime is a good adaptation of the golden age arc but there were clearly budgetary cutting techniques used like panning over a single picture with the va's acting or the 2012?(can't remember the year) adaption movies that combined cg and 2d which just threw everyone off and it was all they could focus on.  I wish it could get the adaptation it really deserves but  I will hold that the 2nd season in general was of better quality in part by better writing and pacing.

Nah you were fine, I was just getting snippy because I'm such a fanboy, but berserk wasn't as good at that point because that's when a good amount of the build-up was taking place, and an example of good CG for me is FF7 advent children or Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV.

This is the opening I was talking about, it should have been like this, they can do CG adaptations on their own time.

Your thoughts on the earlier plotline of Berserk are an opinion and said "animation" was 3D nonsense that the vast majority of fans didn't ask for, to begin with, not to mention the newest opening theme was a huge slap in the face, because that's exactly how most of us wanted the series to be done.

The desire to innovate with 3D animation is a wonderful thing, none of us are anti-progress here, however, they need to leave the franchises alone with that shit, there are plenty of new series that don't have giant-ass fanbases for them to annoy with their experiments.

If my comment referring to you near the end there sounded condescending it wasn't meant to be so sorry if that's how it seemed. In terms of the story to me at least the Conviction arc has a faster pace than other arcs(not counting the prologue) so when animated it was just faster than some might have expected. In terms of the cg again I think inexperience and probably budget made a huge dent in the quality as the golden age arc movies were done by studio 4c and the quality of cg in the films is actually better than some give it credit for.

And believe me I would have loved for the animation to be done by a better studio hell give the thing to David Productions since they did such an amazing job with Jojo but the fact is there is some sort of problem with animating berserk that just has mixed results. Like the 90's anime is a good adaptation of the golden age arc but there were clearly budgetary cutting techniques used like panning over a single picture with the va's acting or the 2012?(can't remember the year) adaption movies that combined cg and 2d which just threw everyone off and it was all they could focus on.  I wish it could get the adaptation it really deserves but  I will hold that the 2nd season in general was of better quality in part by better writing and pacing.

I wouldn't say it ruined Berserk specifically. I would claim inexperience ruined it as it DID get better in the animation department but the story at that point was honestly the weakest point.(not saying it wasnt important but the pacing of it was weird) also didn't the movies use cg really well?

And both are prison stories about escape that go about it in different ways. The point I am making is that dismissing cg as "not anime" is closed minded as there are plenty of anime that has used a variety of different stylings, techniques, etc that make them look vastly different from typical anime. Just like how you wouldn't say Dead Leaves isn't anime you can't tell me that Appleseed(2004), Appleseed Ex Machina, Appleseed Alpha, Captain Harlock(2013), Vexille(2007), BLAME!(2017), Gantz:0(2016) aren't anime. 

As for the first sentence it's still using cg animation even if it's not fully cg animated it doesn't mean it's not using it to it's fullest.(i.e. Aijin and Knights of Sidonia) Just like how animation now uses a combination of traditional and digital it doesn't mean it's magically not animation. It's just using different tools.

As for the last part it really depends on how much cheaper it becomes to use cg vs digital animation. Granted  both have a completely different mindset on how it uses its assets(cg you have to think more puppetry which could be the reason for A LOT of wonky cg animation) each studio has to determine the best use of their own talents. But as more and more learn cg I wouldn't be surprised if they started having more cg animated series pop up as the years progress.

Your thoughts on the earlier plotline of Berserk are an opinion and said "animation" was 3D nonsense that the vast majority of fans didn't ask for, to begin with, not to mention the newest opening theme was a huge slap in the face, because that's exactly how most of us wanted the series to be done.

The desire to innovate with 3D animation is a wonderful thing, none of us are anti-progress here, however, they need to leave the franchises alone with that shit, there are plenty of new series that don't have giant-ass fanbases for them to annoy with their experiments.

Yeah, and it ruined berserk for everyone, so they should keep improving animation, but keep it "animated" if you know what I mean~

I wouldn't say it ruined Berserk specifically. I would claim inexperience ruined it as it DID get better in the animation department but the story at that point was honestly the weakest point.(not saying it wasnt important but the pacing of it was weird) also didn't the movies use cg really well?

Except that using 3d animation is not equivalent to fully using 3d animation. There's a difference between The Shawshank Redemption and Cool Hand Luke (in that one is extremely violent and the other uses violence as a driving force or motive for the cons' actions).  That was my point, which you completely missed. 

I agree with you saying that anime are continuing to use CG, but in the end, CG won't become anime 100% unless there is a complete overhaul in the industry.

And both are prison stories about escape that go about it in different ways. The point I am making is that dismissing cg as "not anime" is closed minded as there are plenty of anime that has used a variety of different stylings, techniques, etc that make them look vastly different from typical anime. Just like how you wouldn't say Dead Leaves isn't anime you can't tell me that Appleseed(2004), Appleseed Ex Machina, Appleseed Alpha, Captain Harlock(2013), Vexille(2007), BLAME!(2017), Gantz:0(2016) aren't anime. 

As for the first sentence it's still using cg animation even if it's not fully cg animated it doesn't mean it's not using it to it's fullest.(i.e. Aijin and Knights of Sidonia) Just like how animation now uses a combination of traditional and digital it doesn't mean it's magically not animation. It's just using different tools.

As for the last part it really depends on how much cheaper it becomes to use cg vs digital animation. Granted  both have a completely different mindset on how it uses its assets(cg you have to think more puppetry which could be the reason for A LOT of wonky cg animation) each studio has to determine the best use of their own talents. But as more and more learn cg I wouldn't be surprised if they started having more cg animated series pop up as the years progress.

Kinda a harsh divide there considering cg animation is slowing having more and more presence in animation. As of now I can name at least 2 major series that are cg(Aijin and Knights of Sidonia) and 1 movie that has an outstanding 3d animation to it,(BLAME!)

As the skill level increases with cg you will find more and more anime that goes to it as its becoming a bit of a cheaper option.

Except that using 3d animation is not equivalent to fully using 3d animation. There's a difference between The Shawshank Redemption and Cool Hand Luke (in that one is extremely violent and the other uses violence as a driving force or motive for the cons' actions).  That was my point, which you completely missed. 

I agree with you saying that anime are continuing to use CG, but in the end, CG won't become anime 100% unless there is a complete overhaul in the industry.

goddamn this MC is a really smooth talker. bet he could persuade his dumber enemies to kill themselves

You just realized? He has an orange-haired best girl by his side.

Kinda a harsh divide there considering cg animation is slowing having more and more presence in animation. As of now I can name at least 2 major series that are cg(Aijin and Knights of Sidonia) and 1 movie that has an outstanding 3d animation to it,(BLAME!)

As the skill level increases with cg you will find more and more anime that goes to it as its becoming a bit of a cheaper option.

btw parts of GuP Der Film is CG, was preety obvious since the models moved so smoothly (compared to the usual frames), but i like how it really helps with the tank animations

For all those who think she is gonna be in a harem, read the novel. Your dreams won't be crushed as easily

the one person he took from there is leagues better tho.

The guy getting beaten had black wings. You can see them in several of the pictures shown of him.

He had black wings most of the time, but on page 6, his wings were white.

That patriarch knows how to spend his leisure time in style!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics