Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 209votes)

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me

Alt Names: alt ハーレム漫画の主人公だが同性愛者〈ゲイ〉なので毎日がつらいalt Harem Manga no Shujinkou daga Douseiaisha nano de Mainichi ga Tsuraialt Harem Manga no Shujinkou daga Gay nano de Mainichi ga Tsurai
Author: Ryosuke Kataoka
Artist: Ryosuke Kataoka
Genres: Comedy ComedyHarem HaremSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Touge Yuugiri is the main character of a harem manga, but he's gay, so everyday is hell for him.
Go to I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Opinions New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

170 Comments

Ugh.... I thought it had a new chapter..

Imagine what other series would be like with this MC.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha "Be Mine, Hero!" "I'm gay so no"

My little sister really isn't that cute

Is it wrong to try and pick up guys in a dungeon?

what others did I miss?

Congratulations to psylocke for creating false hype. It was like watching Marvel vs Capcom 3 at evo.

As much as I'd love to take the credit, it was the publisher who held back the last page for the print release.

Congratulations to psylocke for creating false hype. It was like watching Marvel vs Capcom 3 at evo.

Good concept, poor execution. 

Am I the only one who didn't even find that remotely funny?  The jokes, if you can even call them that, all fell flat and the story which had potential felt more generic than anything else.  It was like the mangaka took every harem cliche possible and just added "I am gay" at the end.

If only I can trade place with this guy...

So you want to be homosexual?

Clearly, these heroines are super clueless for they do not know our protagonist wants D.

That girl is pretty dense.

After she catched him lying about the cat allergy she should have understood he didn't liked her. Instead she forced a "indirect kiss" scenario and even said it out loud.

Taking into account that this manga is a parody of every harem manga cliche ever, we must asume that the denseness that would normally plague the main character has been transfered to the harem members. So they will never ever notice that he is gay and wants them to GTFO.

And for an ending so obvious, it was still nice.

That girl is pretty dense.

After she catched him lying about the cat allergy she should have understood he didn't liked her. Instead she forced a "indirect kiss" scenario and even said it out loud.

Clearly, these heroines are super clueless for they do not know our protagonist wants D.

If only I can trade place with this guy...

...I expected this, but that is one disappointing ending

The last page is out, and it's been added to the release. Thanks for reading.

here I am just laughing extra hard at the Title

Ehhhh!!!???? What's with this hilarious title.

The inside are kinda sub par, but thankfully no yaoi scene.

amazing A++

It was an interesting premise, but the execution is atrocious.  It feels like a 4-koma stretched into 10 pages.

I find it enjoyable, it's unique in a sense

It was an interesting premise, but the execution is atrocious.  It feels like a 4-koma stretched into 10 pages.

Until this day, I'm still wondering, how japenese title works.

This title is even among the better ones. Take Übel Blatt. It doesn't make any sense. Until you take the effort and look up the most likely english words for it. And then we get Evil Blade. Makes a lot more sense in regard of the story and a appropriate translation would have been Böse Klinge. But multiple choices brought us the title it has now. And tbh, I originally started it because of that. And now I am waiting and waiting for each chapter every two or three months or more to be released.

This one should've gotten the typical "gay" artwork of male protagonists of the "uver-styled" shoujo manga.

At this point, I'd like to state my dismay with this manga since it propagates this character as somewhat normal. Either he's somewhat retarded or he's crazy, since it should be beknownst to him that being "gay" is an unacceptable act against society. It's creepy how he ignores that fact and acts like a "normal" shounen-character would [oh god, does that mean all main characters in harem-themed manga are gay and it didn't occur to me because their thoughts were hidden from us most of the time?Oo].

Adding that rotten personality of his to his character, there's nothing to like, and it's not even funny to read[ more like propaganda as in "Prunus Girl, but with an even worse subtle act to "normalize" the abnormal for the sake of the lobby]...

So you are basically saying that gays are an abnormlity and that you despise them. Even if this doesn't sound better and I'm rather uncomfortable around gay men myself (the ones that anyone finds annoying even if they were straight, it's more of a problem with their personality), I see in them a natural occurance in fast growing populations to help to regulate these even a tiny bit better, guess why there are even such things like pandemia, that helps me to accept them and be more open to my surroundings. But everyone has their own point of view.

And I think the idea of the manga itself quite unique. I have yet to read this work and am still struggling with myself a bit, but I expect it to be ridiculous like e.g Trinity Seven at some points. Of course, if the "story" or style of presentation are bad, it is a kinda bad work, but to condemn it because of something minor like the complete normal behavior of a normal human being is ridiculous and sad.

Though that typical artwork maybe could have helped, I think a more normal artwork actually attracts more people. I myself don't like that typical shoujo artwort in 99,9999% of the cases I get it at random, but if I get an interesting one I am at least willing to give it a chance. There was one with phoenix and highschool in its title (I think) at some point, but it soon drowned in all the other works I am reading on this and other sites, but I guess i will check if it is past ch. 4 or what it was at the last time.

Edit:

Okay, I read it. I think his behavior towards women is just absolute indifference. He is more like the type that wants to avoid intense/prolonged (physical) contact with women at any rate, which is somewhat of a understandable point of view for a gay guy. And he tries to repulse them, so that he doesn't have to directly reject them. There are guys that are that dense, but most of the times these guys have someone else on their mind so they're impervious for this kind of thing.

But alltogether I think that it was too short for it to be a really good read. Like the second chapter of Valkyrie Project. Suddenly end. There is so much potential in this scenario, that it is just too short. I just remember the time of Rosario + Vampire 2 when that guy suddenly joined the (inofficial) harem. That was reason for some really good laughs, but here nothing of that sort is done and I think that is a shame.

Fortunately I am a misanthrope, so I personally am both misogynist and misandrist. But probably what made me a misanthrope is the constant ass kissing towards women done by the endless parade of beta white knights that think it will get them sex.

It does get pretty obnoxious seeing 95% of men scream like confused tween girls every time they think they can get white knight points by babbling tumbler bullshit. But eh, I guess it is also kind of funny.

Hot dang, aren't you an edgy, unique little snowflake.

Until this day, I'm still wondering, how japenese title works.

I don't think this mangaka understands what being gay means. It's not like they actively hate the opposite sex. I don't think I've ever seen a gay guy who wanted to avoid women.

I don't think he hates women, I think he's following the natural behavior of someone who knows he's set up to be constantly harassed by any women because they instantly fall in "love" with him. I'm into women but if I was constantly plagued by tsunderes and overly sexually forward girls I'd be pretty freaked out too.

On second thought... My own harem.....

Hmm....

I wouldn't mind having some megane (non-abusive) tsunderes all over me...

Fortunately I am a misanthrope, so I personally am both misogynist and misandrist. But probably what made me a misanthrope is the constant ass kissing towards women done by the endless parade of beta white knights that think it will get them sex.

It does get pretty obnoxious seeing 95% of men scream like confused tween girls every time they think they can get white knight points by babbling tumbler bullshit. But eh, I guess it is also kind of funny.

This one should've gotten the typical "gay" artwork of male protagonists of the "uver-styled" shoujo manga.

At this point, I'd like to state my dismay with this manga since it propagates this character as somewhat normal. Either he's somewhat retarded or he's crazy, since it should be beknownst to him that being "gay" is an unacceptable act against society. It's creepy how he ignores that fact and acts like a "normal" shounen-character would [oh god, does that mean all main characters in harem-themed manga are gay and it didn't occur to me because their thoughts were hidden from us most of the time?Oo].

Adding that rotten personality of his to his character, there's nothing to like, and it's not even funny to read[ more like propaganda as in "Prunus Girl, but with an even worse subtle act to "normalize" the abnormal for the sake of the lobby]...

Wow, I'm still waiting for the punchline of this comment....

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics