Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 445votes)

Kanojo wa Rokurokubi

Alt Names: alt 彼女はろくろ首alt 그녀는 로쿠로쿠비alt Kanojyo wa Rokuro Kubialt She is the Rokurokubi
Author: Nieki Zui
Artist: Nieki Zui
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A story about a long-necked girl's love life: Kanoi Natsuki and her childhood friend Itsuki visit the same school and there seems to be more between them besides friendship. As a Rokurokubi, her quirk of stretching her neck is normal for her and her surroundings, but it's not always her choice to stretch it and although she has feelings for Itsuki, she can't tell him what she feels. Ultimately, she has to go through misunderstandings and shame. Itsuki, meanwhile, manages to make any awkward situations dissolve... or maybe not!?
Go to Kanojo wa Rokurokubi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws and spoilers New Window Nikkilak
  • 1 Replies

719 Comments

Fuck that mom, and fuck the MC for being an asshole and making a girl cry. >:^(

I laugh at this because if a girl makes a male MC cry people call him a loser. Double standards at its finest. Sigh.

We knew that something was coming since chapter 6 and we knew what exactly was coming since chapter 14. I don't see how someone can call this "baseless" or "suddenly forced" drama. The last 5,6 chapters people were praising this manga for the foreshadowing or rather world building and when the author actually goes through with it, it's suddenly not okay?

I mean disliking the development is one thing, but acting like this came out of nowhere is weird.

Yeah, my thoughts, exactly. Stuff like the youkai bigotry and something being up with Itsuki's mom was already hinted a good while back. That being said, I think it's a bit too late to start complaining about the current development now, lol.

Anyway, it pretty much seems to me that Itsuki's mother is simply forcing her bigoted views on him in order to guilt trip him into moving out of town. Poor kid is just being emotionally manipulated by his racist mother....

1/4-Based Anon
Oct 16 2016 06:47 PM

We knew that something was coming since chapter 6 and we knew what exactly was coming since chapter 14. I don't see how someone can call this "baseless" or "suddenly forced" drama. The last 5,6 chapters people were praising this manga for the foreshadowing or rather world building and when the author actually goes through with it, it's suddenly not okay?

I mean disliking the development is one thing, but acting like this came out of nowhere is weird.

Fuck that mom, and fuck the MC for being an asshole and making a girl cry. >:^(

Suddenly, half-assed, baseless drama!

So far we have yet to see the yokai so anything differently from just normal people stuff. This tension and aggression with the bitchy mother seems really forced.

WTF... When did this happen...? It was all Slice of life and then the author was like... I guess I should add in something to cause drama...? It just felt very out of left field...

Mommy is cockblocking his own baby boy.

Well, this is stupid. The author should've included some sort of explanation as to why the mother is so influential over her son. As it is, it doesn't really fit the established characterization. I'd sooner expect a 'piss off mum, stop being close-minded'. 

Man, telling your parent to piss off when theyre paying for your food and board, not also including being younger than 18.

We've sure as hell come a long way from funny sight gags about her neck, huh.  I kind of miss that.

Parents have a lot more influence over their children in asian countries because of communities being tighter-knit. It's not like in the west.

I don't think being in the West would help him much.  If anything, it would be a lot weirder for him to be living alone as a high school student in the first place. 

Spoiler

You have to remember theres more to life than high school. The mom hits him with that logic too. All he can do in the youkai side is live there, no jobs, no career, maybe not even college. Not to mention shes paying for everything and can make him leave anyway. (We haven't seen the youkai side on prejudice, but it most likely isn't super approving to humans either).

On that matter, it doesn't really seem like the youkai side high school is any different from a regular high school though. Not in content nor educational structure, nor student culture. What's the practical difference for his professional and educational future between going to a high school where only humans attend and a high school where there are predominantly youkai, where their youkai traits don't affect the curriculum and aren't flaunted or even paid much attention to (a lot of the students don't seem to know what kind of youkai many of the others are, even)?

Nothing stops him from going to university afterwards, and nothing about attending high school there should actually harm the skills he's supposed to learn. It's absurd to say he couldn't find a job at the youkai side or make a career with any ordinary occupation that is needed by people. The youkai traits we've seen in the story are at best tangential to practical roles in society, and don't really give any edge that allow them to dispense from mundane skills that are not exclusive to youkai from the onset. And they need careers and livelihoods just like everyone else.

His mother's argument is absolute sophistry. She's accusing him of immaturity and lack of thought over imaginary issues so she can exercise an emotional hold over him.

You have to remember theres more to life than high school. The mom hits him with that logic too. All he can do in the youkai side is live there, no jobs, no career, maybe not even college.

Frankly, all I see is her prejudice speaking.  Youkai clearly go to school like everyone else, go to restaurants, hang out at pools et cetera, why wouldn't they have jobs and careers?  They have to eat (well, most of them). 

Help, I'm still down after that chapter and it's surprisingly hard to recover...

That was really sudden. Did it get axed?

12XMGIWtrHBl5e.gif

You have to remember theres more to life than high school. The mom hits him with that logic too. All he can do in the youkai side is live there, no jobs, no career, maybe not even college. Not to mention shes paying for everything and can make him leave anyway. (We haven't seen the youkai side on prejudice, but it most likely isn't super approving to humans either)

I didn't expect this so soon but it was coming and hinted that she was gonna do something. We're moving towards the end of the volume as well.

His exchange with Kanoi though is that misguided MC type stuff, and has noone else been forced to do something by their mom and just say "okay fine i'll do it"? This is not a new thing.

I know. I haven't seen such emotionally manipulative writing since Girls of the Wilds.  There is no setup here, and it goes against everything we have seen so far.

Even worse is that we have no time to process it so all of the drama just falls flat. 

Although I do think that the author tried to have something set up for a while. Itsuki's always been aloof, probably because he knew this would happen. Also, there were the flashbacks a few chapters back which very strongly hinted at something being up with his mother.

i didn' come up here to cry :(

I thought he didn't agree with his mother and just got forced. So why did he use the mother's reasoning on the girl? With a run and hide combo to boot.

motherfucker

Mom, you a bitch...

Well, this is stupid. The author should've included some sort of explanation as to why the mother is so influential over her son. As it is, it doesn't really fit the established characterization. I'd sooner expect a 'piss off mum, stop being close-minded'. 

Because legal guardians can do whatever they want with kids that isn't actual physical harm? Kids can't live by themselves if the legal guardian doesn't allow them to and isn't abusing them, in which case a foster family would probably take over or another guardian.

He's not 18 yet, so until then he has to listen to his mother.

Parents have a lot more influence over their children in asian countries because of communities being tighter-knit. It's not like in the west.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics