Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.63 - 445votes)

Kanojo wa Rokurokubi

Alt Names: alt 彼女はろくろ首alt 그녀는 로쿠로쿠비alt Kanojyo wa Rokuro Kubialt She is the Rokurokubi
Author: Nieki Zui
Artist: Nieki Zui
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A story about a long-necked girl's love life: Kanoi Natsuki and her childhood friend Itsuki visit the same school and there seems to be more between them besides friendship. As a Rokurokubi, her quirk of stretching her neck is normal for her and her surroundings, but it's not always her choice to stretch it and although she has feelings for Itsuki, she can't tell him what she feels. Ultimately, she has to go through misunderstandings and shame. Itsuki, meanwhile, manages to make any awkward situations dissolve... or maybe not!?
Go to Kanojo wa Rokurokubi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws and spoilers New Window Nikkilak
  • 1 Replies

719 Comments

What i shame.. i actually expected this story to last around 90-100 chapters before ending..

1/4-Based Anon
Nov 20 2016 03:09 PM

@BCS

The term isn't random, her sudden will to do it is. Why not year eariler? Why not year later? My point still stands. You know how this looks like? Like the series is getting an axe so some drama must be quickly created for a wrap-up.

Or the author intended to make him go back at some point and that's why we had all theie implied social pressure through out most of this? Also we don't really know much about the mother yes, so she could have let him do what he wants until life gets serious. Which is now as he wont be a first year forever. Or for any other reason.

Irrelevant to the point; which is how easily Itsuki is convinced that Youkai are "bad for him". Let me remind you: it takes one ten-minute conversation.

But he literally isn't. He doesn't think anything like that. Never. Even in this chapter he confirmed that what he said was out of stress and not because he actually sees Youkai as something different.

This is... literally what I said myself. Except this argument never actually happens in the manga. So your point is moot.

She tells him what he'll do about his career and how he thinks he'll be able to get cash etc. etc. Reread chapter 20. 

??? No one said he is like his mother. The fact that he isn't but still goes along with what she's doing is the whole reason why this makes no sense.

You just said again that he would dislike Youkai, which he doesn't. Him going back, doesn't equal him believing that Youkai are all shit. There are other, clear reasons here that force him to go.

Oh the irony. You're essentially arguing from the position of "Well the author never did/said x, y or z but I guess we can assume x, y and z" so I think it's you who should re-read it and concentrate on what is actually being said.

Seeing how you got all you're points messed up above, no.

You can make all fan-excuses it the world but it will not excuse the author from crappy storytelling/writing.

I'm not trying to whiteknight this manga. I'm only telling you what you seem to get wrong. Doesn't make the manga suddenly better/worse.

Way to miss the point. All of them.

a) Chapter 5 with the Nagashi Soumen heavily implied that the he is around the end of the first term (ca. 20th July), so she's trying to relocate him before the second one starts during the vacation I guess, it's not random at all.

The term isn't random, her sudden will to do it is. Why not year eariler? Why not year later? My point still stands. You know how this looks like? Like the series is getting an axe so some drama must be quickly created for a wrap-up.

Also Itsuki lived with the Youkai and saw that it's alright, nothing implies that his mother did

Irrelevant to the point; which is how easily Itsuki is convinced that Youkai are "bad for him". Let me remind you: it takes one ten-minute conversation.

He is 16 years old with no money and no job. If she simply stopped paying his bills, he'd be homeless.

This is... literally what I said myself. Except this argument never actually happens in the manga. So your point is moot.

Literally the entire chapter shows you that he isn't like his mother even if he's going back.

??? No one said he is like his mother. The fact that he isn't but still goes along with what she's doing is the whole reason why this makes no sense.

No disrespect, but try to read the series again and concentrate one what's being said.

Oh the irony. You're essentially arguing from the position of "Well the author never did/said x, y or z but I guess we can assume x, y and z" so I think it's you who should re-read it and concentrate on what is actually being said.

You can make all fan-excuses it the world but it will not excuse the author from crappy storytelling/writing.

Nooo.... it's too soon for this to end... :(

My gripes aside, I still enjoyed that little moment between Kanoi and Itsuki. I just hope the ending brings some modicum of satisfaction...

His mother is a bitch

he boutta get dat necc

Seeing how it was running in BSM and did get enough attention (Regular Color pages, Interviews etc.), that shouldn't be the case. Yet there are a lot of things the author definitely can't show in the final chapter. For example anything related to the Kubikajiri, Yotchy's past which was hinted, what exactly happened to Kanoi's Mother and the society as a whole.

The author said on their twitter that a sequel is unlikely (which doesn't exclude a spin-off/reboot in another magazine), but also said they wanted to draw more and they regret how it turned out. At this point it seems (to me) like there was another issue that made them end this. An example would be the editor's and artist's visions being too different or them getting fed up with this story already (which I doubt) and the like.

This is why we can't have nice things.
I don't know what to feel anymore.

This page has a weird effect on me. I look at the face and it breaks my heart, but then I see her neck and I laugh, but then I see the face again etc.

I'm actually oscillating at a stable 2 hertz.

This is ending? Nooooooo..... :(

Seeing how it was running in BSM and did get enough attention (Regular Color pages, Interviews etc.), that shouldn't be the case. Yet there are a lot of things the author definitely can't show in the final chapter. For example anything related to the Kubikajiri, Yotchy's past which was hinted, what exactly happened to Kanoi's Mother and the society as a whole.

The author said on their twitter that a sequel is unlikely (which doesn't exclude a spin-off/reboot in another magazine), but also said they wanted to draw more and they regret how it turned out. At this point it seems (to me) like there was another issue that made them end this. An example would be the editor's and artist's visions being too different or them getting fed up with this story already (which I doubt) and the like. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this particular variable was to blame. Editors have a bit of a habit of it.

Ended already? I want more!

Hope it will wrap up neatly and that they will somehow get together. A single chapter left is much too little.

Oof. That was...a bit rough.

I certainly hope he writes/draws more stuff. I like the style, both writing and art.

you effing itstupidki

go away you loser

1/4-Based Anon
Nov 19 2016 02:58 PM

Was this axed? 

Was this axed? 

Unfortunate, but I am not expecting the ending to live up to the rest of the series.

Kanojo wa Rokurokubi will end December 9 in the Bessatsu Shounen Magazine.

itsuki needs to man up

Too chubby art? D:

nay

just a breather from the sticks'n'stones u usually see...

So, you think racism and prejudice has no physiological or cultural basis as an expression of tribalism in order to maintain group solidarity?  So do people just magically become racists?  Even the modern disdain of racism is an expression of the current mores.

The point I'm trying to make is many racist people DO in fact have rationalizations for their reactions and I'm struggling to understand the one being presented here, could be that this will be made apparent in the future.

Interesting response, very informative.

Have to agree. We haven't seen anything that distinguishes between the human and monsters way of living. Same apartments, same schools, same jobs, same stores.

The drama in this chapter was a bit of a stretch.

Stories heating up like the comments section. shit.

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics