Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.36 - 101votes)

Guarding

Alt Names: alt Du Ling Guardingalt 渡灵 Guardingalt 渡靈 Guarding
Author: Buddy
Artist: Buddy
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Lin Xiaoyou, childhood friend of Xi Yu, died at the age of 14, but her spirit refused to pass onto the afterlife. Instead, she stuck around and became Yu's "guardian angel" due to a promise she made to him. Under Xiaoyou's constant guarding, Yu hasn't had a single girlfriend even though he's already 24. Being in a proper relationship has become his goal in life, but such a simple wish brings about a series of terrifying incidents. Is Xiaoyou really a "guardian angel", or is she actually an "evil spirit"?!

Original Comic: http://manhua.weibo.com/c/60592
Go to Guarding Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Guarding Latest chapter discussions New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

167 Comments

OMFG! This is so fucking cute! XD
Spoiler

The chapters in this series in particular always feel as though they're chopped in half. And that's saying something for a webtoon series.

Isn't this supposed to be seinen?

Fortunately in my country (Australia) we have this thing called 'Unfair Dismissal' which basically allows you to sue your employer if your dismissal was harsh, unjust or unreasonable.

Plus also the boss would be reprimanded at a minimum for trying to use a female employee like that. I like a lot of things about Asian cultures, the way they treat workers is not one of them.

Basically everyone in this manwha is an asshole.

Was it my imagination? Thought I heard something BREAK :P

His boss has to blame someone and he wouldn't make a special trip to the construction company just to went his anger i guess :P Sadly that's how some corporations work - something goes wrong? blame your underlings

Fortunately in my country (Australia) we have this thing called 'Unfair Dismissal' which basically allows you to sue your employer if your dismissal was harsh, unjust or unreasonable.

Can someone explaine to me one thing

Spoiler

His boss has to blame someone and he wouldn't make a special trip to the construction company just to went his anger i guess :P Sadly that's how some corporations work - something goes wrong? blame your underlings

Can someone explaine to me one thing

Spoiler

No, each chapter are divided into two parts, the upper part and the lower part i.e 第四回 (上)第四回 (下), so chapter 8 in English is 4 in Chinese. Anyway, was just wondering but it's now answered, thanks for the chapter, looking forward for more :)

They are not always in two parts. Sometimes there's a middle part and sometimes there are Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4. This is hella confusing so we're just going with chapter counts.

It's not different. We're just going with the actual count of chapters.

No, each chapter are divided into two parts, the upper part and the lower part i.e 第四回 (上)第四回 (下), so chapter 8 in English is 4 in Chinese. Anyway, was just wondering but it's now answered, thanks for the chapter, looking forward for more :)

The author of Once Again? Inb4 massive feels come crashing down on our heads.

Do you speak chinese?

I'm the translator of this series.

Hey, the chapter listing is wrong, the one you have as chapter 8 is chapter 4 part 2, any reason why listing it different than the raw? Just a question though ^^

It's not different. We're just going with the actual count of chapters.

Welcome aboard the feels train. Please fasten your seat belts.

Hey, the chapter listing is wrong, the one you have as chapter 8 is chapter 4 part 2, any reason why listing it different than the raw? Just a question though ^^

I have always had more sympathy for Xiaoyou than most people. I guess it's just because I've read ahead :"/

Do you speak chinese?

I have always had more sympathy for Xiaoyou than most people. I guess it's just because I've read ahead :"/

Worst tsundere since a certain pinked hair one?

Chapters are getting shorter every time, pretty soon this is going to be a 4koma.

Hey, going on dates is fun and all, but shouldn't he be, you know.... looking for a job? For money? I hear you need that stuff for basic necessities like food and shelter.

I mean, I know the boss was a scumbag, but MC's a little too happy for someone who's been fired. And to be seeing the woman who just got him fired. Does no one feel guilty about anything in this manga? Ghost girl and love-interest-girl included.

MC's ghost girl is annoying as fuck

She's the worst kind of tsundere.

MC's ghost girl is annoying as fuck

Ey! XiaoYou is like a very effective contraceptive.

"Is spring finally here?"

Nope. If Xiaoyou wants, she can X Su Han too.

(Adding on to the answer above)

Weibo is a magical place. And you'd be surprised at the quality of some of the works "made in China", if you will. You even get the occasional Chinese artist on Pixiv, and some of them are really good. Some of them sell stuff on Taobao (Chinese Amazon, basically) that ships globally, and given the exchange rate, it's worth it.

. 狐妖小红娘 just topped the 2014 tencent animation contest, and boy am I impressed. The漫画 itself was already very good, but the animation quality of the show really set some new standards for the Chinese 动画 industry in general. It might not be able to compete with top tier Japanese names like madhouse, kyoani, or ufotable(after UBW, can anyone match them???), but I'm still thoroughly impressed by the voice acting and overall production quality. (Animation itself probably on par with something like a lower end JC staff production. However,keep in mind the Chinese animators have much less experience and a much tighter budget than that of a Japanese studio)

oh wow she just killed like it was nothing.... He deserved it but still.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics