Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 601votes)

Kyokou Suiri: Invented Inference

Alt Names: alt 虚構推理alt In/Spectrealt Invented Inferencealt 허구추리alt Kyokou Suiri
Author: Shirodaira Kyou
Artist: Katase Chasiba
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meet the cute, smug, cane-wielding 17-year-old Iwanaga Kotoko as she (very) aggressively tries to woo the older Sakuragawa Kurou and act as a mediator/problem-solver for the supernatural world.
But why is she so fascinated with Sakuragawa Kurou?
The truth is...

From the author of Zetsuen no Tempest and Spiral!

Adapted from the novel "Kyokou Suiri: Koujin Nanase".
Publisher/Magazine: http://www.magazine-r.co/comics/kyokosuiri/
Go to Kyokou Suiri: Invented Inference Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic I changed the name to reflect the official English title New Window rtwpsom2
  • 2 Replies
Topic Information update about the novel version of Kyokou Suiri ~ Invented Inference! New Window berubetto
  • 0 Replies
Topic Age of Consent problem. New Window Pinguru
  • 3 Replies

423 Comments

...how the hell do you lean steel girders up against a building like they are Lincoln logs or something? Never mind the building probably couldn't support that weight, even positioning them like that would take a stupid amount of extra effort..so dumb

wow... a quite acceptable story for the MC's OP power.. this manga is really interesting so far.

I just don't like Saki. I tried to give her a chance, but she is just not interesting to me. Other than her, I like this series.

i still cant figure out if they are going out or not. i need a love dovey moment at least

I'm sure if Kurou gave some love to Kotoko she wouldn't be mad or much of a troll 

I feel like his ancestors made a pretty obvious mistake. Why do you need to give them both meats at the same time? All you would need to feed them is the mermaid meat, making them immortal and then you can feed them the kudan and it doesn't matter if they die because they will revive. So they effectively only have to survive the mermaid meat. Unless the kudan meat gets through mermaid immortality.

It's likely that eating incompatible meat negates the effects of both and kills them in the process. I guess that would be an effective way of killing someone who had mermaid meat then.

I feel like his ancestors made a pretty obvious mistake. Why do you need to give them both meats at the same time? All you would need to feed them is the mermaid meat, making them immortal and then you can feed them the kudan and it doesn't matter if they die because they will revive. So they effectively only have to survive the mermaid meat. Unless the kudan meat gets through mermaid immortality.

This is a theory but the reason why Kurou was attracted to Saki must be:

Spoiler

My assumption was that was actually Saki herself in the flashback. The resemblance is uncanny. He specifically hid his powers from the young girl, something he seemingly wouldn't have done if she were family. It's also stated that they started dating in high school, but nothing requires that to have been when they first met, merely when they agreed to become a couple.  He is pretty small in comparison to her for someone who's one or two years apart, but anime and manga are notorious for making all younger boys much smaller if there's even a slightly older female love interest to stress that "onee-chan" type vibe. 

Though I'm also considering the possibility that it's the hospitalized cousin who we never see but obviously matters a great deal to him. It might just be that Saki really is a shoe in for resembling her or something.

My immediate reaction to him having two OP powers like that was eye-rolling, but the backstory actually added enough substance to make swallowing it a lot easier.

Saki is kind of annoying I suppose but not in a totally damning way. I'm hoping they'll give some context to her aversions that makes her more sympathetic.

Plus Kotoko's kind of obnoxious in her own way. I guess that's one way to make a balanced love triangle?

Man, Kurou's life sucked. Seeing all his siblings died before him and forced to do all that experiment to the point where he can't feel pain anymore (done by his grandma no less), and now he's stuck in war between his ex and his "girlfriend".

saki x kurou all the way, not a fan of kotoko at all.

It's Ohii-sama. Funny that the TL note on page 17 messed it up and says "Ojii-sama = Princess".

Ohii-sama = Princess = Iwanaga Kotoko.
Ojii-sama = Grandfather

Got it. Thanks for the clear up.

Though I'm now inexplicably picturing Kotoko with a KFC-styled elderly wiseman mustache and beard combo going "Ho~Ho~Ho~Ho" for some reason.

Being mischievous and possessive only makes Kotoko more adorable. The best evidence of Kuro being inhuman is his lack of response to her hug me pose on pg78.

Saki has her easily from the sexy/ attractive angle though. I would say "go harem" but it doesn't seem like Saki will accept his supernatural side... for now. 

>mfw Saki opened the curtains and literally flipped her shit.

This is a theory but the reason why Kurou was attracted to Saki must be:

Spoiler

Her troll face is awesome!! lol

Holy crap, fighting Kurou must be terrifying. An immortal guy who can predict the future once when you 'kill' him?

Also, I think this is the first time I'm actually supporting a menage-o-trois relationship

Immortal grad student torn between a loli ojousama and a sexy cop oneesan, some people have it rough.

- Early chapter 4: "The dude has clairvoyance too?! He has it even rougher than I thought."

- After page 67: "Well... shit, don't I feel like a jackass."

Wait, so is it Ohii-Sama or Ojii-Sama?

It's Ohii-sama.  Funny that the TL note on page 17 messed it up and says "Ojii-sama = Princess".

Ohii-sama = Princess = Iwanaga Kotoko.

Ojii-sama = Grandfather

dat hug look really hurt.

what should I do ? I love all of them, can't bring myself to cheer Saki or Kotoko.

Is it wrong for me to help for a harem route ? And I enjoy both Saki and Kotoko tease, quarrel, fight each other.

Well, Yuri route.

Wait, so is it Ohii-Sama or Ojii-Sama?

Sadly this novel (yeah not light novel so it's a bit longer) is only 1 volume mmm...

Is it being translated?

Sadly this novel (yeah not light novel so it's a bit longer) is only 1 volume mmm...

dat hug look really hurt.

what should I do ? I love all of them, can't bring myself to cheer Saki or Kotoko.

Is it wrong for me to help for a harem route ? And I enjoy both Saki and Kotoko tease, quarrel, fight each other.

The woman of steel vs. the man with nerves of steel.

Loved how Kurou pretty much just kept a straight face throughout the entire fight. Even after he got a taste of death he just got right back up and went back into the fray.

It's also good to see how some situations can't be solved with just brute force and immortality alone.

This ain't your stereotypical, brain-dead "power of friendship" or "naivety" or "idealism" or "will power", so that's definitely out of the question.

another months of waiting....

Two months, unfortunately. Shonen Magazine R is bi-monthly.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics