Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 52votes)

Shinjuku Swan

Alt Names: alt 新宿スワン
Author: Wakui Ken
Artist: Wakui Ken
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shiratori Tatsuhiko was a bum wandering the streets with no money to his name when he meets Mako. He works as a scout for an agency called Burst that recruits girls on the streets for adult entertainment in the Shinjuku area of Tokyo. Tatsuhiko quickly learns the techniques of scouting and is even more attracted to how much money he can make. But with how the industry is maintained, Tatsuhiko has to deal with the lying, deception, violence, greed and even the yakuza. He wants to keep the morals that he has, but it gets progressively harder and harder as he gets deeper into the other side of society.

The manga ran for 38 volumes between 2005 and 2013 in YM.
Go to Shinjuku Swan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic stupid af "it's me." marvel-like ending New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

135 Comments

You're right. But you know what I mean. 

I guess those Burst exec just can't trust people that easy. Which is understandable given their line of work.

Aye, true that. Paranoia is a very healthy thing for them.

This manga really deserves more followers, it's just too good. Just the lies, gangsters and deceiving are well worth the follow. 

Anyway hoping that Tatsuhiko will get this shit cleared up ASAP. Covering for ex-collegues gone stray will be a good smackaround if not his head on a plate.

I hope Tatsuhiko won't stick out his neck for that girl and go along with that crap. there is a limit of how nice you can and should be...

come on, suspecting tatsuhiko? what an asspull

He's more loyal than stupid.

You're right. But you know what I mean. 

I guess those Burst exec just can't trust people that easy. Which is understandable given their line of work.

Out of curiosity, does anyone particularly knowledgeable about Tokyo-ite culture know if they can answer a question I have?

A lot of the guys and macks in this series are wearing the normal turn-of-the-Naughties bling necklaces/jewelry to show off wealth, but there's a lot of crucifixes.

I know that Christianity is a very minority religion in Japan (mostly localized to the cities with international traffic), so are they wearing it just because they think it looks cool and they don't care otherwise, or is Christianity itself somehow popular with Japan's underbelly?

Stuff is looking cool and exotic, that's it.

It's like the Kanji tatoos in north america and europe.

It's amazing those people at Burst actually believe a guy as stupid as Tatsuhiko can do something like that.

He's more loyal than stupid.

It's amazing those people at Burst actually believe a guy as stupid as Tatsuhiko can do something like that.

I got a feeling that they're in on some kind of act; to lure out the true culprit.

Out of curiosity, does anyone particularly knowledgeable about Tokyo-ite culture know if they can answer a question I have?

A lot of the guys and macks in this series are wearing the normal turn-of-the-Naughties bling necklaces/jewelry to show off wealth, but there's a lot of crucifixes.

I know that Christianity is a very minority religion in Japan (mostly localized to the cities with international traffic), so are they wearing it just because they think it looks cool and they don't care otherwise, or is Christianity itself somehow popular with Japan's underbelly?

I need more... 

This manga is like an addiction

Tatsuhiko is too nice for his own good.

I gotta admit though, the fact that his sincerity made the upper management at Burst acknowledge him is extremely satisfying =03. Felt good when they told that dude to shut the f'k up.

Tatsuhiko....

Spoiler

Tatsuhiko is too nice for his own good.

Love this manga, thanks for all the releases Delinquent Scans

This manga is great.

Though I wonder how far the author can go in giving actual facts about the industry and the yakuza, and getting inspiration from real people (have no idea about the accuracy on this though).

Might try to find some info on the author in japanese, though I am not at this level yet T_T

Do you guys know any other good and relevant to reality manga on the same topics by any chance ?

Relevant manga - Yamikin Ushijima-kun, Tokyo Yamimushi,

This manga is great.

Though I wonder how far the author can go in giving actual facts about the industry and the yakuza, and getting inspiration from real people (have no idea about the accuracy on this though).

Might try to find some info on the author in japanese, though I am not at this level yet T_T

Do you guys know any other good and relevant to reality manga on the same topics by any chance ?

Ah shit, he is alive? then what was that deal with the train!? ooooh i didn't even see it coming, a double then? or maybe no one was ever pushed? dammit the cliffhanger.

Chapter 80 is quite change of pace lol

Tbis series remi ds me of that documentry on hosts in Japan. It's a sad lonely world.

What if, Mako works for Minerva? i know, Burst was a no name company, but what if that's the secret, Minerva just sends agents everywhere and that way the competition never has a chance to even dream about competing because they are tampered with from the start. That or he has some personal beef.

I was thinking that, too.

What if, Mako works for Minerva? i know, Burst was a no name company, but what if that's the secret, Minerva just sends agents everywhere and that way the competition never has a chance to even dream about competing because they are tampered with from the start. That or he has some personal beef.

A whole volume is a nice surprise. Thank you so much Delinquent Scans !!

Chessus...I mean Jesus! A whole volume upload D0=! And D*** was it good. Thanks a lot Delinquent Scans =03!

Thanks for the massive upload of awesomeness Delinquent Scans!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics