Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.34 - 148votes)

Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare

Alt Names: alt ¡Mi amigo de la infancia DEBE ser una chica!alt 幼なじみは女の子になぁれalt My childhood friend MUST become a girl!alt Osananajimi wa Onna no Ko ni Naare
Author: Morishita Mao
Artist: Morishita Mao
Genres: Comedy ComedyGender Bender Gender BenderSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: On one particular day, a high school student, Shuichi, saves a magical fairy Sylphy from drowning in a pond. When Sylphy offers to grant one wish out of gratitude, Shuichi immediately asks for a “cute childhood girlfriend.” Sylphy then turns Shuichi’s childhood male friend, Iori, into a girl…! The newly female Iori is surprisingly cute…!
Go to Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

532 Comments

Finally remembered to order the 3rd volume of this in my latest shipment. Probably a good idea as well, because a niche title like this tends to go out of print sooner rather than later.

While not gay, that ahegao face was most definitely not cute. Artist should have studied Mizuryu Kei's art a little.

I kinda wanted the ahegao face to be obviously fake to separate it clearly from the actual artist's work.  I could have done a more realistic depiction but I thought that might take away from the kind of silliness I was going for. 

Anyway, I thought this was one of my better jokes! Being cursed to only be able to make Ahegao faces is a funny concept and I liked how Shiori was confused by the word since it might not be known to the reader.  Her emotional plea to Shuu comes across as unintentionally lewd and that makes him uncomfortable (I subtly added some sweat drops).  Really it was hard to come up with a joke about a chapter devoid of any humor but I'm quite proud of this one.

I find it interesting that the people who

Spoiler
in this chapter
Spoiler

Makes me wonder if the reception in Japan to this point was overall similar and the author wanted to throw the haters in for a loop.

Also I have no idea why it's not occurred to Seraphy that even if she did win at this point, the result would not be Shuu's wish come true. Certainly not in the spirit of his original wish. I've known enough gender dysphoric people by now to know by now that identity trauma doesn't...

engender

romantic feelings, or even friendship. You're too busy putting together your own shattered psyche.

While not gay, that ahegao face was most definitely not cute. Artist should have studied Mizuryu Kei's art a little.

I forgot, what does the reverse E symbolize? im not sure if the reverse E is every and the upside-down A is any or the other way around...

There exists.

I forgot, what does the reverse E symbolize? im not sure if the reverse E is every and the upside-down A is any or the other way around...

that boob grab made me gasp for real. totally didnt see that coming.

yay sylfie!!!

and omfg that credits page.... scary!

Her mother is just too stupid.

1 more chapter left.

Im going to miss this funny gender-bender manga.

Now that i think about it, mind control was the obvious step if Iori was rejecting magic. But it is a solution so extreme even his friend doesn't want that for Iori.

Only 1 left?

Everything is terrible FOREVER!

same could be said about males then since the body uses an enzyme called Aromatase to convert any excess Testosterone into Estrogen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatase

Estrogen is not responsible for female tastes and behaviour, progesterone is, and progesterone is female exclusive. Unless you drink soy milk that is, then you can become "female".

Estrogen develops feminine "looks" all the "external" aspects of the reprodutory system while progesterone develops the "internal" aspects, you know, like internal organs and so on. Hence why someone with a Klinefelter Syndrome(that XXY thingy) can look like a woman but still be a "normal" pervert... sorry, male, who likes butts and boobs, err... girls.

1 more chapter left.

Im going to miss this funny gender-bender manga.

Now that i think about it, mind control was the obvious step if Iori was rejecting magic. But it is a solution so extreme even his friend doesn't want that for Iori.

2 more chapters left.   The last chapter has an epilogue and I will be including some additional bonus content.

Please include some "bonus" credit page too :DD

No offense to this group, I love what you have done with this manga. You are great translators. Just... I beg you to never draw a doujinshi. That face on the credits page could seriously become a trauma.

Jesus christ even her own daughter is shocked at what the insane fairy is doing.

How many more chapters do we have for this?  How much longer can I pray that Miyu can finally bag Iori?

2 more chapters left.   The last chapter has an epilogue and I will be including some additional bonus content.

How many more chapters do we have for this?  How much longer can I pray that Miyu can finally bag Iori?

*snip*

3. "The characters are all bullies and Iori has been treated like crap from day one."

Agreed. I don't think it's because this is a garbage-trash manga exactly -- I appreciate what it was trying to do -- but I have to agree that in the execution the characters come off as way more harsh and cruel than they should. It's shameful that Miyu is the only person that actually cares about Iori's feelings most of the time.

The writer has said in the past that Ranma 1/2 was a major inspiration and it kind of shows -- that was another story with characters who are all horrible to the protagonist and who lives a hostile and frightening life if you think about it long enough. Ranma is a show you really do have to turn your brain off to stand any chance of enjoying because of it. Compared to that cast, Shuu is downright sympathetic.

If this is a dealbreaker for someone, I totally understand. At the same time I still do like the characters here and appreciate the general themes and aesthetic. It's flawed but the spirit behind it is not mean I don't think.

*snip*

Regarding point 3, I'd wondered about this story compared to Ranma 1/2 so to hear it did influence the author makes a lot of sense. In both stories the fridge logic is pretty terrifying if you stop to think about what is really happening to Iori/Ranma.  At least this series doesn't have free will removing love pills and fishing rods I guess?

That credits page was truly wonderful. I laughed out loud and that's even after reading JWWW 142 (EPIC CHAPTER!!!!!).

Whats JWWW?

Spoiler

"You did it, Iori-kun! You just caused the end of the world as we know it!"

"I know people, they're my friends..." That sounds like something.
GOD EMPEROR TRUMP WOULD SAY

Spoiler

It's not gay if it's Trump.

"I know people, they're my friends..." That sounds like something.
GOD EMPEROR TRUMP WOULD SAY

Spoiler

uh oh, beware, beware...

the sky is falling!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

That credits page was truly wonderful. I laughed out loud and that's even after reading JWWW 142 (EPIC CHAPTER!!!!!).

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics