Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.93 - 124votes)

BUILDER

Alt Names: alt Builderalt 빌더
Author: Moon Ha-Neul & lee Dong-Joon
Artist: Moon Ha-Neul & lee Dong-Joon
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy TragedyWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: In the near future, humans have created technology to allow them to dream whatever they desire. Those who seek to become gods in this dream world are called "Builders". A girl uses this technology for the first time for the same purpose. Why does she want to become a Builder?!

Original Webcomic:
http://www.lezhin.com/comic/builder
Go to BUILDER Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

201 Comments

it does have a lot of cliche's, but you're exaggerating man

some people's fetishes are beyond our understanding ~

Slavery...Oh boy.
Why not add more infuriating topics? Why not strip them down and fuck their eye sockets? Why not have the steroids-main-guy rush to their aid on a white steed clad in shining armour? Why not have them grow their hair, put them in a tower, and lay out a banner for all to see: "Plot device here".
I'm not going to go justice-warrior here, it's the numbing cliches for cheap plot and audience outrage that's bothering me.
Playing with extremes to emotionally-manipulate the audience is as cheap as it gets. I know this is a pretty amateuristic story, but this is pretty disappointing right here.
I can get power-fantasies, but senseless drama?
Meh.

Spoiler

it does have a lot of cliche's, but you're exaggerating man

Slavery...Oh boy.
Why not add more infuriating topics? Why not strip them down and fuck their eye sockets? Why not have the steroids-main-guy rush to their aid on a white steed clad in shining armour? Why not have them grow their hair, put them in a tower, and lay out a banner for all to see: "Plot device here".

I'm not going to go justice-warrior here, it's the numbing cliches for cheap plot and audience outrage that's bothering me.
Playing with extremes to emotionally-manipulate the audience is as cheap as it gets. I know this is a pretty amateuristic story, but this is pretty disappointing right here.
I can get power-fantasies, but senseless drama?
Meh.

Spoiler

Nu-uh! That's not God's Realm, that's Tatooine. XD

Did you ever think god was a fan of Star Wars.

I hope these guys receive a satisfying death by Shi-Ah's hands.

Spoiler

I was sooooo hoping for a "friendly" S&M orgy.........*cough* *cough*

Those guys & that trader should get crushed to death.......

So... calling it now, her brother's the current "God". Or would that be too obvious?

people have been saying this for some time now

So... calling it now, her brother's the current "God". Or would that be too obvious?

Nothing is too obvious for this manhua.

Nu-uh! That's not God's Realm, that's Tatooine. XD

I gotta say, this latest girl is the first one to lack deep "plots".

Uuuhhhhhh.... who dafaq? XD

If you remember when she was telling the story about her brother becoming crippled. You can see the only silhouette that stayed by him was one with long white hair. ALBINO-CHAN!

Art is good enough, story might be cliche but I like the theme so what ever. The world needs more VR related manga. Followed for now.

Only in anime do albinos look attractive.

Uuuhhhhhh.... who dafaq? XD

It's... Aizen...

It's an effing Menos Grande! 

Where is her Prince when ya need'em!?

Wait, when did this become Bleach?

That last page... LMAO

author's inner scream? LoL

That last page... LMAO

Lol!!! Don't touch me, bro

While you are free to presume anything in the unknown, you also need to look for proof within the narrative to ground your theories.

Oh, really now?

If the protagonist has access to any one of those things, it's virtually plausible for anyone else to do the same -- which brings the question, why is he the only gorgeous herculian around?

So if the protagonist is some kind of secret billionaire (that one isn't even that far-fetched, but that really wasn't the point of the other exemples), it means that virtually anyone can be, right? Does that mean that there needs to be other secret billionaires walking around? Is this really the ground you wanna base your theory on? Can't a character be special if you don't know why right away?

We.know.nothing.about.the.guy. That's the narrative. His lack of exposition is very much intended and, like it or not, learning more about him gradually is completely and very clearly a key aspect of the plot. There is absolutely no rule in storytelling forcing people to explain particular traits about their characters early in their story.

I'm not trying to say that the author didn't just randomly draw the guy that way (I don't really care, to be honest), but I maintain that, so far, you gave no logical reason proving that he did. You either just don't like ridiculously chiseled muscle masses or simply enjoy having a little backstory earlier than how it was presented to us so far. Which are both perfectly okay preferences to have, but that's all they are, preferences.

Logic?

Well, who's to say in this particular world where you can somehow control dreams, hack shit and kill people (or whatever this story is about, I lost track to be honest), that there isn't some kind of medicine, treatment, genetic modification or really anything anyone could think of that could explain all those muscles. He could be an alien, a demon or an angel. Hell, for as little as we know, he might be going to the gym every single day. It's not like we have his schedule, do we?

Frankly, there is no more logic behind your distaste (or mine, while we're at it) for this fairly exaggerated case of the alpha male (but also sensitive, mysterious and smart - teehee -) protagonist trope than there is behind someone else's inclination for it.

And since I only see one person shitting over the others about their preferences, I really wonder who's trying to drag things down.

Yes, we don't know anything and we can't be certain of anything. There are things which are unknown and are open for presumptions, which in turn are open for subjective dispositions. This is why stories establish the setting and characters to a minimum in the exposition, so we'll know Where we are, When and What. While you are free to presume anything in the unknown, you also need to look for proof within the narrative to ground your theories.
If you can say: "Well we don't know, anything is possible", it's very likely the author did not do something right, and I do not think "inconsistency" is a theme here.

If the protagonist has access to any one of those things, it's virtually plausible for anyone else to do the same -- which brings the question, why is he the only gorgeous herculian around? If he goes to the gym everyday, we'd know it by now because that sort of body takes a lot of effort.
And don't start talking about aliens, heh, that's exactly what I call a "leap in logic".

The fact is, the narrative never wanted to show how his gorgeously mutated body affects the story or the setting, it only wanted to present it when he's in the shower. It's just like how ecchi manga hardly talk about the merit behind the size of the girls' bosoms. They're just like that because the author wanted them to be like that, no other reason.
My argument was: Having a muscular body without properly establishing either the setting or the character, breaks apart the character down to the author's whimsy and passing anatomical-study.

It doesn't mean the story is now forever broken, but it does mean we can't expect much from the story in terms of integrity or tension -- seeing as the author can just pull anything he wants, because he wants to.
God forbid we didn't know any of that already. <:

Spoiler

Why the hell do u guys care so much about a random weirdly drawn fictional characters body

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics