Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.57 - 84votes)

Coiling Dragon

Alt Names: alt Bàn Longalt Crouching Dragonalt 盘龙alt Panlong
Author: I Eat Tomatoes
Artist: Tong Yi Ming
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: Linley is a young noble of a declining, once-powerful clan which once dominated the world. He has large aspirations and wants to save his clan. Linley's journey begins with an accident when he discovers a ring. He took a liking to this ring, which had a dragon carved coiling around it. Upon being injured during a battle between two powerful fighters he discovers that his ring is not what he thought it was and possesses powers beyond his imagination.

Original Webcomic: http://www.u17.com/comic/64615.html
http://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/510331
Go to Coiling Dragon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Differences between LN and Manhua New Window darkdoepie
  • 4 Replies

120 Comments

I've not gotten around to reading the LN yet, so the manga's okay but not great for me so far. It will be interesting to come back later after reading the LN and see how much I hate this suddenly.

This manhua is indeed off from the light novels but no worse than most of your memories, you compare facts but your facts are so off that its funny.

read the light novels here

http://www.wuxiaworld.com/cdindex-html/

FUN FACT 1: Linley is actually a dense tard untill later on.

FUN FACT 2: Other Dragonblood Warriors were also Sculptors, since it increases MageForce (his father did aswell, except he wasn't a DBW).

FUN FACT 3: The translations are a bit off indeed, pretty sure the dragon was of the 8th rank, not 7th.

FUN FACT 3: Really? because the novel says 7: http://puu.sh/hkx6U/658ce63fd5.png

buahahahaha. man im dieing here, buahahaha. none of the 4 supreme saints look like they are supposed to.
the tigerstripe clan, the fastest of the 4, the ultimate speed types, look the builkiest and slowest.

the dragonbloods, the ones who are probably the least human looking, look the most normal.
the undying warriors, the ultimate defense types decended from a godly turtle, looks thin and quick, exact opposite of what they are, bulky and slow.
the vilolet flames actually don't look that bad except the tail which should belong to the dragonbloods.

all in all, it seems like the artist didn't read CD at all, or just didn't give a shit.

acutally went back and looked and honestly, the one labeled dragonblood looks how the violet flames should, the violet flames look how dragonbloods should (not exact but close enough), the tigerstripes look like how the undying should mostly except the tiger head and tail and some other parts, as for undying, well they don't really look like how any of the others should, maybe take off the wings and they could kinda be tigerstripes i guess.

this is a joke... fk it, i'm sticking to the LN

reading this will just kill my brain slowly

^ this. They did the same to the Zhan Long adaption. the Manhua does absolutely no justice for the LN. Words of advice: The LN is 10/10 better in all shapes and form (for both this and Zhan Long) and actually has consistency. It doesn't just whip things out of nowhere and expect you to be "oh hey I know what that is!" as well as numerous other subjects of importance. But I don't think any of you, nor myself really, want me to go into any details~

Mod Reminder:Do Not link to any Raws! 

10+ lines must be in [spoiler] tag. Multi-Responses included.

seems grandpa is now a grandma

And thus we have the first of the horrible changes from the "LN to manga" format... :(

FUN FACT 2: Other Dragonblood Warriors were also Sculptors, since it increases MageForce (his father did aswell, except he wasn't a DBW).

FUN FACT 3: The translations are a bit off indeed, pretty sure the dragon was of the 8th rank, not 7th.

as a kid he had an overly linear thought process. nothing about being dense in the least.

the dragon i believe is the correct rank atleast, but the whole mercenary situation is manhua-limited bull lol

as for the sculptors, the path linley was taught was certainly good, but the others didn't show such results.

...continue....

Spoiler

Note on Fun Fact 2, the straight chisel school taught by grandpa grandma Doehring, is the only way to increase mageforce by sculpting, so no one else knew about it.

So the Baruch clan language is Arabic?

Spoiler

seems grandpa is now a grandma

A wild heroine has appeared!

I sincerely apologize to everyone who is waiting for the next release. I had technical difficulty with the editor. It's not fixed, and I apologize if it is not high quality, but it should be released shortly. I will continue cleaning and releasing this as long as I have someone who can translate it.

you releases aren't bad, though the translation seems a bit iffy sometimes.

the problem is that the people who put together the manga completely butchered the LN to do so :( that cowart is supposed to be an old man of importance to linley later on, but now it'll probably be some stupid romcom trigger. the baruchs were never scultors they were as their name suggested "dragonblood WARRIORS".

...continue...

Spoiler

After reading this chapter i got this feel like after watching live-action Dragonball movie.

Found this after reading a chapter of the LN.

Spoiler
"Prepare for... Monster Hunter!" LMAO!

I sincerely apologize to everyone who is waiting for the next release. I had technical difficulty with the editor. It's not fixed, and I apologize if it is not high quality, but it should be released shortly. I will continue cleaning and releasing this as long as I have someone who can translate it.

this is a joke... fk it, i'm sticking to the LN

reading this will just kill my brain slowly

Both Hillman and Grandpa Doehring are a lot sexier than I envisioned.

Has this been given up on?

they need to switch the way hillman and hogg look......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I expected so much more.... WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON AND WHY THE HELL IS HILLMAN SEXY I HAD A DIFFERENT IMAGE IN MY MIND NOW IT'S GONE!

Since when was Grandpa a she?

And why would a saint care about money? If they walk up to a noble and say "Oy, give me all your money or I'll slaughter your entire clan" the noble will give them all the money they can without a second thought. Not that a saint would actually have any use for money in the first place since they don't eat, sleep or defecate and don't give a damn about the weather. Not to mention being able to live wherever they want provided there's no saint that's more powerful than them or unfriendly dieties living there already.

...continue...

Spoiler

Just an update. I started transcribing the characters today, so give me about a week to finish the next chapter. Please visit http://desperatescanners.weebly.com/if you would like to help translate. -Thanks

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics