Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 200votes)

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

Alt Names: alt El Legendario Escultor de la Luz Lunaralt 달빛 조각사alt Legende du Sculpteur Crepusculaire
Author: Nam Hee-Sung & Lee Do-Gyeong
Artist: Kim Tae-Hyung
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyCooking CookingDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: The man forsaken by the world, the man a slave to money and the man known as the legendary God of War in the highly popular MMORPG Continent of Magic. With the coming of age, he decides to say goodbye, but the feeble attempt to earn a little something for his time and effort ripples into an effect none could ever have imagined.

Through a series of coincidences, his legendary avatar is sold for 3.1 billion won, bringing great joy to him, only to plunge him into despair at losing almost all of it to vicious loan sharks. With revelation of money through gaming, he rises from the abyss with new found resolve and steps forward into the new age of games led by the first ever Virtual Reality MMORPG, Royal Road.

This is the legend of Lee Hyun on his path to becoming Emperor with only his family loving heart, his boundless desire for money, his unexpected mind, his diligently forged body and the talent of hard work backing him.

This is the legend of the lowest becoming the strongest.

This is the legend of WEED.

Original Webcomic:
http://page.kakao.com/home/47196143
Go to The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is Game of Scanlation on this one? or does another group need to pick it up? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 3 Replies
Topic I think we can all agree we would buy his avatar at any price New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies
Topic Last chapter discussion New Window Epolimar
  • 18 Replies

380 Comments

Again as for the Intructor I'm starting to wonder if it was an Orc with a 'k', you know 'Ork', and if that is different because the descriptions of Orcs in these stories (LMS, ARK, ZhanLong, etc) is just some wild man from the wilderness...

In regards to the instructor the description was this:

Spoiler

I think it might be more of a comparison than a literal description; that he acts like an Orc (who are know to be greedy) when it comes to his wife's cooking as opposed to being an actual Orc.

About the Dark Elf race,

Spoiler

Yea the Dark Elf race was unlocked by someone else off screen Weed wasn't involved. Weed could have either unlocked them or the Orcs during that quest, they stayed an NPC race after he left, but were chosen by others in later chapters, so again my first point.

As for the Dark Elf in the chapter its possible to customize a Human to look like an Elf, so it should be possible for people who like Dark Elves to make a fake one. I don't think a full list of possible races was actually given at the start ( too many people were surprised about the Orcs)

Again as for the Intructor I'm starting to wonder if it was an Orc with a 'k', you know 'Ork', and if that is different because the descriptions of Orcs in these stories (LMS, ARK, ZhanLong, etc) is just some wild man from the wilderness...

Anyway my two cents...

Orc class unlock
Spoiler

Necromancer unlock
Spoiler

Spoiler

There is no text for Dark elf class unlock. Please prove it otherwise.

About the Dark Elf race,

Spoiler

can start, but the race not unlocked.

look after it

About the Dark Elf race,
Spoiler
Time for some myth busting.

The stats training is not a rumor
Spoiler

Orc class unlock
Spoiler

Spoiler
MidoriKitzune
Mar 01 2015 08:52 AM

I return what you said about being careful with what you say! Before saying that because you're one of the translator so you can't be wrong, reread the volumes in question,

Spoiler
It is easy to make mistakes because there are so many volumes, but before saying someone is wrong, try to confirm visually and don't go to what you remember after so much time! I'm pretty confident with my memory, and i read all the translated volumes of LMS thi month, so it is still fresh in my memory! It's just an advice, it is also possible that i'm remembering wrong or confusing with another LN (i read LMS and ARK together, so it is possible that i'm making some mistakes), but for now i'm pretty sure that i'm not in the wrong, but you can always try, if you found out and quote the part were i'm wrong to me, than i'll accept that i was wrong! :) good look in finding them if you want! You have all the time you want, because i understand that it isn't possible to reread everyting in a single day!

I hate the changes.

I read the first volumes 2 years ago or so.

I remember still .. everything.

I got a good memory about things i like.

I don't generally hate changes .. but these take all of the weed ...out of LMS.

Stupid bartering with worthless Players?

Orc Advisor NPC .. a human? <okay .. but he even doesnt look that ruggish. How the heck... is that other scenen going then ..

Dark Elf's put in, just to show of skin? <seriously hate ...

Weeds looks ... way to much like a handsome prince. YES he is handsome, but he is handsome and has a bad personality. This one is just handsome ...

... so many more.

They changed WEED to [D]EEW~

Well it's true that compared to the novel it's fast paced, but if i think about the amount of chapters avaible and their length it is not unreasonable. Having some minor things changed doesnt really matter. Also art is absolutely great.

I like the novel, but this is promising too. Though Weed should be a gloomier kind of guy.

Well that answers my suspicion of the training montage...

Originally I was so hype for this.... now I'm getting annoyed, only on the 4th chapter and they are already having different things happen compare to the novel. =/ I'm now sad.

I get annoyed when people start comparing to the novel.  Go read the novel and let the other readers enjoy it.

Okay first off, you are incorrect with what you been saying for some of the details. I'm one of the Translators who translated vol 7 of LMS.  

Spoiler

I would like it to be more careful with what you say from the novel in comparison to the webtoon.

I return what you said about being careful with what you say! Before saying that because you're one of the translator so you can't be wrong, reread the volumes in question,
Spoiler
It is easy to make mistakes because there are so many volumes, but before saying someone is wrong, try to confirm visually and don't go to what you remember after so much time! I'm pretty confident with my memory, and i read all the translated volumes of LMS thi month, so it is still fresh in my memory! It's just an advice, it is also possible that i'm remembering wrong or confusing with another LN (i read LMS and ARK together, so it is possible that i'm making some mistakes), but for now i'm pretty sure that i'm not in the wrong, but you can always try, if you found out and quote the part were i'm wrong to me, than i'll accept that i was wrong! :) good look in finding them if you want! You have all the time you want, because i understand that it isn't possible to reread everyting in a single day!

Spoiler

TL;DR: The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor class is objectively the strongest class.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

TL;DR: The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor class is objectively the strongest class.

Spoiler

Originally I was so hype for this.... now I'm getting annoyed, only on the 4th chapter and they are already having different things happen compare to the novel. =/ I'm now sad.

The 4th chapter is really wrong in several ways! I'm starting to wonder if they read the novel before drawing the chapter, because is totally different!

Spoiler

Okay first off, you are incorrect with what you been saying for some of the details. I'm one of the Translators who translated vol 7 of LMS.  

Spoiler

However, you did bring up the differences in the webtoon. I wont deny that the artist have taken liberal considerations for what has happened like the phone. But you need to remember how this is an adaptation from the novel.  Not every adaptations follows faithfully to the novel and does it to make it more interesting b/c  you can't convey everything from the novel.  As long as the webtoon illustrate Weed's personality and follow pretty decently with the events with the novel, I'm fine with it the result.

The webtoon so far is doing a great job in comparison to other adaptions of novels and I hope it continues like that.

Spoiler

Lmao! This manhwa is lying to me. How come players are so nice. They just give people items when they don't even know they'd be staying to actually play the game. I've never Seen that before. All I've seen is people call each other "newbs", even when people are in higher levels they still call each other that. XD

fun fact: in the LN people call each other with a -nim suffix. 

It's one that defers respect, like the japanese -sama. 

SO apparently in Korea MMO players show a high level of respect for each other? (maybe. I'll ask our resident K-translator about that) 

Is okay, nothing special, I don´t get the hype. Is the LN that good?

The light novel is an excellent read. I got addicted to it to the point that I endured the mind numbing torture of reading machine translated volumes.

Lmao! This manhwa is lying to me. How come players are so nice. They just give people items when they don't even know they'd be staying to actually play the game. I've never Seen that before. All I've seen is people call each other "newbs", even when people are in higher levels they still call each other that. XD

it's Barley bread so to a high level player it would just be a waste of space. Dude pretended to be nice.

Is okay, nothing special, I don´t get the hype. Is the LN that good?

The story's barely started in the manwha, he hasn't even left the starting city yet.

The 4th chapter is really wrong in several ways! I'm starting to wonder if they read the novel before drawing the chapter, because is totally different!
Spoiler

whatever your physical health is (aside from your brain) has no impact on the game. a super fit body builder will be just a weak as a 500kg fat slob NEET who can't even get out of his chair. everything in the game is mental. other than brain based abilities like reaction speed, kinetic vision, calculating speed, ect, no physical advantages will carry over into the game. stats are the only thing that determine how strong or weak you are in the game. a skinny pencil looking girl will be just as strong at a giant of a man bulging with muscles if they have the same strength. you also don't get any extra starting stats no matter how much you buff up your avatar design. everyone starts with the same stats (as the same race. although the author never showed any race but humans starting stats, which are 10 in everything with 100 hp/mp.)

Spoiler

Nah that's not the case.Having more strenght=having more muscles.Maybe you missed when weed was on his drugs.

Having more muscle doesn't affect the game at all.  The only thing that changed was his physical appearance, which only showed in game because he CHOSE to use his original appearance.  The skinniest, most drug abusing, emo-looking albino could look like a buff Australian surfer if he wanted to in game.  Lee Hyun just didn't want to waste the time with character creation so he chose to look like himself.

Nicely drawn webtoon!

But what is wrong with Moonlight Sculptor's original webpage? It's down for me..
http://page.kakao.com/home/47196143

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics