Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 156votes)

Chikyuu no Houkago

Alt Names: alt Afterschool Time of the Earthalt 地球の放課後
Author: Yoshitomi Akihito
Artist: Yoshitomi Akihito
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaMystery MysteryRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Most of humanity has been wiped out by mysterious dark monsters known only as "Phantoms." Four survivors, who may well be the last of the human race, have found one another and are sharing a quiet, peaceful existence. These survivors are a kind, dependable teenage boy called Masashi, two teenage girls, shyer Sanae and bolder Yaeko, and a little girl called Anna. They feel as though they're just living in a perpetual "after school" state, waiting for the rest of the human race to come home.
Go to Chikyuu no Houkago Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Will this live up to its promise? New Window wigjump
  • 2 Replies

259 Comments

This chapter makes me a bit sad. I find it amazing how this manga can make you feel so immersed in the world and feel what the characters are feeling

A strong likeable girl, have chance she's survived, mc have an interest on her. OTP have been born.

Dude is a damn eunuch.  

No other explanation.  

Dude likes another lady, man. Without proof that she's dead, he isn't going to cheat on her it seems.

I hope she's alive.

Dude is a damn eunuch.  

No other explanation.  

Okay, i know this is stupid to ask, but how in the hell could they sleep out in the street at night? Freaking chilly there... wait, so that's why that happened. 

The chapter should be rated M for Mature. L-lewd handholding and l-lewd using someone as a body pillow.

>M for Manure

The chapter should be rated M for Mature. L-lewd handholding and l-lewd using someone as a body pillow.

Thanks for the info at the end, I had always wondered how that worked when I saw The Martian

I really love this manga. It's a very nice soothing story, and it took awhile for me to start reading it. I also hope its a manga that has a good ending.

The translator sure knows his shit...

I so much enjoy the translator notes! it´s almost like worth reading the chapters only because of them! looking forward to the next one!

Really nice chapter.  As a retired Marine, I enjoyed reading about a military character whose motivations as a soldier were the same ones that I had for joining.  Too much fiction seems to make all military people natural born killers.  Well written.

Random Theory:

I don't if this was already given but I think Masashi is an alien, and kidnapped 3 children for an experiment. That's why he so calm even with 2 cuties on swimsuits parading in front of him. He keeps saying that everything will return to normal since he is planning on returning them after the experiment. Either that or he just have tremendous willpower to keep his raging teen hormones down. Or maybe he neutered himself.

anyways, good read! thanks for the chapter!

unlimited TN works

Must be horrifying to be the protector who solely survives the massacre.

As always, thanks for translation and translator notes. The more you study Japanese, the more those details come in handy.

"I'll be having vanilla... with a harem on top."

Also, in the beginning of the first chapter, Masashi is gathering eggs from his chickens.  (Just re-read the series, so I noticed that).  That said; thanks, i7 Scans, for bringing us a really nice and enjoyable manga.

Is it ever mentioned that animals also abducted by the phantom mmm...~?

Since I rarely (or maybe never) saw any living animal in this manga mmm...

not all of them though, Look at those fish they caught, or Apple, the Japanese Wolf he helped long time ago

or the birds when they strolling

Is it ever mentioned that animals also abducted by the phantom mmm...~?

Since I rarely (or maybe never) saw any living animal in this manga mmm...

Why? 
Why did he not tell them what happened? 
If the Phantoms can suddenly start tricking you by turning into people you know, you'd think that would be pertinent information to pass on! 

What possible fucking reason could be have to hide that from them? 

Masashi, time to turn in to our Mensa membership card, cause that was a dumb ass move!

He was just gathering his thoughts and pondering how to tell them, it seems.

we're halfway through, but I want them to be happy forever! ;w;

Wait, where are the notes on meat?

Man, as someone who just recently started learning Japanese, I really love TNs that either explain what the raws said or how difficult it was to convey the message they have into English. Thanks for the hard work on Vol. 3.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics