Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 113votes)

Otonari-san Game

Alt Names: alt お隣さんゲームalt Neighborhood Gamealt Соседские забавыalt Соседские игры
Author: Shindou Arashi
Artist: Shindou Arashi
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tsuruoka Maiko and Sasano Keisuke are childhood friends and just entered high school. Their families are neighbors and have been living next to each other for well over a decade. They’ve been getting along well ever since they’ve met, but recently there seems to be a divide between them. What could be the reason?
Go to Otonari-san Game Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

161 Comments

I ship them, I ship them so bad...

Kyaaaaaaaaaaa excitedblushplz.gif?1

Ranko chapter :D

Okay ... this is endearing ... and funny too.

Followed. ^^

And for the record I also find myself following many of Ciel's releases - especially the humorous ones like this. They seem to have a knack for finding them.

Now that you said it, I realize, I did follow Ciel everywhere.

look like I become Ciel's Stalker now too

She really has it bad, huh.

This chapter was really fun.

Yeah, still not over it.

Spoiler

Catbug....Why must you remind us how terrible everything is?

I have this condition

Spoiler

'K, I ship these two

Spoiler

Otou-san won't allow this

Older bros FTW.

GIB CLUB MANAGER HER RIVAL PLIS

homelessonionplz.gif?1 Well Girls are expensive

Catbug....Why must you remind us how terrible everything is?

Waiting 4-5 years will make the fruit overripe Kaede. Pick it and eat it up now.

'K, I ship these two

Spoiler

Huh.  I tend to ignore 4-koma, but this is not a gag manga.  It has some jokes, but it feels like a real manga.  There's no fast progression, but it doesn't feel like the kind of episodic repetition of a lot of 4-koma, it's more like, as per the tag, the leisurely progress of a slice-of-life.  There's something resembling characterization.  All in all, lighthearted and fun, but not empty like some 4-koma.  Following.

homelessonionplz.gif?1 Well Girls are expensive

So...

Kenji x Ranko

Keisuke x Maiko

Kaede x Riko...?

Confirmed.

Speaking of which, is Kenji's age 22 or 24, after all?

The prologue said 22, while in ch 2 it was stated as 24. So it's either a typo or they changed his age for the tankoubon and forgot to fix it in the actual chapters.

this is really poisonous vanilla relationship, unless one or two of them are step (from another marriage), or adopted siblings, they gonna have a bad time if the eldest hook up with each other, and get married,

you cant marry your sister/brother/siblings in law in most of the countries right?

As far as I know, my country doesn't prohibit that. And not sure what you mean by "poisonous", lawfully (in Japan), it is normal (moral can be stupid and biased sometimes)

Hahaha what a scene..if the oldest girl marry the oldest guy, Maiko and Keisuke end up together and Kaede married to the youngest girl.

It's fine, everything can be solved by the magic of timeskips.  At the end of the story, we skip ahead 6 years, and Riko will be 16 to Kaede's 22.

Speaking of which, is Kenji's age 22 or 24, after all?

EDIT: Note that I'm not saying there will be a time skip, just that a time skip would solve this particular problem.

Hahaha what a scene..if the oldest girl marry the oldest guy, Maiko and Keisuke end up together and Kaede married to the youngest girl.

wait, why do they have different hair colors? Aren't they siblings?

Because they're Japanese. If they all kept normal Japanese hair colors and styles, most every character would have thin, black hair and it would make a mess on paper trying to distinguish the different characters apart.

Then there's the fact that many manga artists and animators use colors and tone to infer a character's personality, and having a character's hair be a given color is quick way to let the reader/viewer an idea of the character's personality before they even open their mouth, while also doubling as giving the character a more distinct look, instead of the "strait black hair" that normal, not-anime people have.

This is why the black-haired character is usually a more traditional or refined character, the gray haired one is the cool/logical/composed one, the brown-haired one is your everyman/down-to-earth, the red-head is a fiery and passionate one, etc... on the flipside, these colors also have negative traits, like how dark haired characters are usually more sinister, red-heads are aggressive, blonds are manipulative, etc...

Then there's what the hairstyles and face shape says... But all in all, Hair being not "strait and black" in a manga is usually so the characters don't blend in together on a page, gives them a distinct look and invokes the character's personality.

wait, why do they have different hair colors? Aren't they siblings?

this is really poisonous vanilla relationship, unless one or two of them are step (from another marriage), or adopted siblings, they gonna have a bad time if the eldest hook up with each other, and get married,

you cant marry your sister/brother/siblings in law in most of the countries right?

I think it was ok, What you can't marry is step sibling in some country

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics