Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.32 - 63votes)

Kengai Princess

Alt Names: alt 圏外プリンセス
Author: Aida Natsumi
Artist: Aida Natsumi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo Shoujo
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meguro Mito has always been made fun of for her chubby appearance. Her sole happiness is discussing her favorite role-play game with her two best friends. One day, while she is being bullied, a handsome classmate saves her. Is this the beginning of her first love?
Go to Kengai Princess Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

195 Comments

Hmm, this feels very unrealistic for an up until now quite realistic manga, but I have faith in the author! Do your best, Mito!

Meh...

I'm not liking this development.

Seiya lookalike will be in the school she'll be accepted in, calling it now.

Well, lookie here. There was a bit of an addition to your call though. An expansion of a sort. Which was unexpected.
I'm starting to hate this. not because of Meguro but Because of too many bishounens. I'm not into that.

Yah new chapter!! Thanks so much!!

Spoiler

I really like the current cover next to the manga description at the top of the page. That looks lovely, and it kinda captures something about the MC that might just be beginning to bud. :)

a2c2500a12c06c56e90999a3d3f5dfa7.jpg

Pffff!  Expansion pack! :D

I really like this manga, for me it really hits home with how my first real crush went. I'm glad it took an identifiable approach to her thoughts and feelings while retaining the shoujo-ness. I'm looking forward to the highschool arc :)

I wonder why

Spoiler

Well.  I'm looking forward to what comes next and, unusual for a manga whether shoujo or most others, I'm really not sure just what that's going to be.

Not everyone will fall in love with each other if they become friends or spend time together. He truly cherishes her friendship and probably doesn't see her as a woman/girl, but as a bro. He probably gave her his button because it's the only thing he can give her (since he can't give her his love). 

I wonder why

Spoiler

Well.  I'm looking forward to what comes next and, unusual for a manga whether shoujo or most others, I'm really not sure just what that's going to be.

My best guess, at this point, is that he's just kind of a late bloomer.
Spoiler

Whoops, my comment's far too long, I'm so sorry.

Spoiler

WOW i mean her growth has been amazing but his words and actions... what a good, genuine guy. to tell her he is honored by her words. friggin.

this isn't shoujo guys haha it's a trick

Like everyone else I'm impressed at how things have developed. I thought initially that this would be more of a cute comedy on a girl trying to become more cute, and it is that, but also goes beyond that. It had these waves of real feelings that would suddenly hit you and were very touching. Especially chapters 20-22, just wow. It beautifully defied the usual clichés in the scenes that were depicted, it felt just very genuine  and heartfelt. I was actually yelling out loud "Awesome!" and "Oh my goodness,"  crying and anxiously anticipating the next pages while reading. I just feel so proud of our cute Meguro-chan, I feel like we've witnessed her growing up a bit, and it felt natural and believable. I was almost wondering if the series was going to end in chapter 22 (before the last couple pages) because the author easily could have and I think I would still feel satisfied with the series. Looking forward to arc 2 and hopefully Meguro will continue grow in true beauty as much in own eyes as others.

Wow.  These last couple of chapters blew me away.  Good stuff.

Like Xamdiz said, I never expected this level when I started reading this.  It's gone far beyond just the gimmick of having the hapless plump-faced girl; her growth as a character really drew me in so the romance now has a much bigger impact.

I wonder why

Spoiler

Oh gosh, Meguro has grown up so much! I actually started to cry! I am really, truly, completely looking forward to the high school arc!
This manga is starting to grow on me, the buildup for the confession and the rejection was really well made I sorta fell in love with Kengai Princess all over again. Now I think I started getting emotionally invested in it, I really hope the coming developments doesn't disappoint me and that it is doing well enough to continue without getting axed and shit.

Woah, that last chapter... that was really well done, I totally teared up! Wanna see more of Meguro and I hope she keeps getting better and better! 

A nice dude. A good dude. 

...I just hope this manga remain the way it was until now and that's why I hope that 3D Seiya doesn't become part of the main cast....

Ok, I didn't expect a high school arc... and after the last pages of the last chapter I have to take back my words and to say that now is his turn to shine in the new arc... I hope it.

Thanks for the chapters ^^
Definitely one of the best shoujo manga. Although I didn't like the main female character in the beginning, due to her reminding me of myself, I loved her development that was so realistic and beautiful. I really look forward to reading about her high school life. I read the last chapter while in school though, so I sat there trying not to cry lmao Anyway highly recommend this manga to any newcomers

Okay, this is WAY better than what I imagined it would be in the beginning. To see her constant growth is really good.

Interesting conclusion of this arc, i just hope he won't suddenly change his mind because shoujo.

What's this? A realistic development in a shoujo? 

Honestly, that was the best way to solve the situation. 

yep, no BS where "4" gets to date a "10" just because of personality, for now at leats ("video game" guy is next)

What's this? A realistic development in a shoujo? 

Honestly, that was the best way to solve the situation. 

This manga is really bittersweet, I like it...

The latest chapter especially... hnggh... ; v ;

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics