Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.89 - 35votes)

Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen

Alt Names: alt 賭博堕天録カイジ ワン・ポーカー編alt Kaiji Part 5alt Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - One Poker Arc
Author: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Artist: Fukumoto Nobuyuki
Genres: Drama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A continuation of Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: Kazuya-Hen. With new allies Chang and Mario, it's finally time for Kaiji to wager his 400 Million Yen against the son of Chairman Hyoudou, Kazuya! The gamble's name is One Poker... but what kind of poker is that?!

***Please Note***
The Kaiji series as of now is divided into 5 parts, and this is the 5th of those parts. The series follows this order:

Part 1: Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, but Manga is not fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-mokushiroku-kaiji-r1874

Part 2: Tobaku Hakairoku Kaiji (Has an Anime Adaptation, and Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-hakairoku-kaiji-r5071

Part 3: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-r923

Part 4: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji - Kazuya-hen (Not yet animated, Manga is fully translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-kazuya-hen-r7381

Part 5: Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen (Not yet animated, Manga is being translated)
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/tobaku-datenroku-kaiji-one-poker-hen-r14151
Go to Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji: One Poker Hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Sonickrazy is the nigga (and the rest of the group) New Window Nightray1
  • 3 Replies

207 Comments

i want a deck of cards with those faces.

This is exactly the kind of absurd, elaborate metaphor I read FKMT manga for

A bit late to say this, but I kinda like Kaiji's rebuttal to Kazuya's mindview and his reasons for it. "You've seen it happen, but you've never experienced that yourself". Kazuya doesn't know how it feels to be crushingly betrayed for money OR share a bond of trust with someone, yet he believes he understands the "complexities" of the human being completely.

...in other words, he's just self-deluded himself into thinking he's reached some sort of true. And he even wants to write a novel about it, without having experienced anything himself!

So yeah, fuck him up Kaiji.

Hooo boy, get ready to have entire volumes dedicated to one of them placing only one card.

speed reading the latest raw... although didnt understand what happening, it satisfying,... kinda

did kaiji play his higher up card there to mindfuck kazuya? the madman

I really appreciate that you've switched to a 2 chapters at a time model. Even if you release less frequently because of it, I think that it really helps to mitigate the feeling of FKMT's bad pacing. (because the pacing is my only major complaint with this series)

What Chang is saying in chapter 166 is wrong.

Spoiler

Spoiler

What Chang is saying in chapter 166 is wrong.
Spoiler

it's a fairly simple gambit, not very hard to understand, but I think Kazuya's reaction is the focal point here

he's never seen someone so willing to throw their lives away, so for kaiji to win like that has completely shattered his worldview.

i understand that his reaction to it was the point of it but 2 whole chapters of him re-explaining the gamble felt a bit much when like i said, maybe 10 pages were of his worldview actually shattering

You're surprised by this? FKMT manga has always been about explaining the intricacies of the gambles so that even those who aren't thinking 2 steps ahead can understand how deep the logic goes. Leaving this unexplained would leave a lot of readers scratching their heads, especially if they read the chapters all in one go without having a week to ponder things between chapters.

it wasnt a complex gamble by any means and it had already been explained by kazuya when he was thinking over the possibilities, all kaiji did was confirm that he was infact a crazy gambler... for 2 chapters.... in a manga that is already several years behind the official release

EDIT: not to say i dont understand the work put into translating it but i cant help but feel frustrated when i see 2 new chapters and they are just explaining the gamble that had already been explained

its almost as though fkmt doesnt think his readers understood the gamble kaiji took so he needs to dedicate another 2 fucking chapters to explaining it with maybe 10 pages of kazuyas character actually developing

You're surprised by this? FKMT manga has always been about explaining the intricacies of the gambles so that even those who aren't thinking 2 steps ahead can understand how deep the logic goes. Leaving this unexplained would leave a lot of readers scratching their heads, especially if they read the chapters all in one go without having a week to ponder things between chapters.

its almost as though fkmt doesnt think his readers understood the gamble kaiji took so he needs to dedicate another 2 fucking chapters to explaining it with maybe 10 pages of kazuyas character actually developing

it's a fairly simple gambit, not very hard to understand, but I think Kazuya's reaction is the focal point here

he's never seen someone so willing to throw their lives away, so for kaiji to win like that has completely shattered his worldview.

Spoiler

oh boy for a moment i thought this was dragon ball z XD.

is this updated consistent weekly?

See ya 20 years laters at conclusion

Wait, if kaiji can bet mario and chang lives, does that mean kazuya can bet his minions lives as well?

Given that it would require both minion(s) willing to actually die for Kazuya and for Kaiji to actually accept it when the only thing he cares about is the money, I would say no. Probably not.

Wait, if kaiji can bet mario and chang lives, does that mean kazuya can bet his minions lives as well?

Kazuya still has an overwhelming life advantage so his best move would be to call. Losing one more life would be preferable to the possibility of letting Kaiji play and win with his down card.

We saw how much the game shifted in Kazuya's favor when he successfully bluffed Kaiji with a worse card earlier in the game and with Kaiji on the brink of defeat that's the last thing he should want to happen, especially with Kaiji carrying his up card over to the next round in that scenario.

he played his down card, didn't he? the absolute madman

Gotta remember that their using half of 3 separate decks, not just one. So there could be up to 12 aces for all we know. There's really no way to count the cards due to the way they arranged the deck their using. We only know the maximum is 12 for each card, but we have no clue how many there actually are.

Ah, I forgot and just assumed they'd be using a standard deck. With just 2 players, 156 cards (and only 2 dealt per turn) is pretty excessive but knowing the author it's probably going to come into play somehow later on.

With all 4 aces played the two is a guaranteed loss in any showdown and so if there's ever a time for Kaiji to free himself from it, it's now, especially with Kazuya still blinded by rage over the bond his opponents have forged.

That being said it's still a completely insane play, especially given the current stakes. Which is probably why it's going to work.

Gotta remember that their using half of 3 separate decks, not just one. So there could be up to 12 aces for all we know. There's really no way to count the cards due to the way they arranged the deck their using. We only know the maximum is 12 for each card, but we have no clue how many there actually are.

Kaiji just played the 2 didn't he?

With all 4 aces played the two is a guaranteed loss in any showdown and so if there's ever a time for Kaiji to free himself from it, it's now, especially with Kazuya still blinded by rage over the bond his opponents have forged.

That being said it's still a completely insane play, especially given the current stakes. Which is probably why it's going to work.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics