Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 132votes)

Sakura Discord

Alt Names: alt さくらDISCORDalt SAKURA六人行
Author: Masuda Eiji
Artist: Masuda Eiji
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sakura Kousuke is a boy who strives to throw away a past mired in regret. He transfers to a new school for his second year of high school, believing it will give him a chance to come clean.

Unbeknownst to him, however, the appearance of five other "Sakura"s in his class will bring the past to his present, forcing him to come to terms with himself, his old friends, and a girl who, though being Kousuke's complete opposite, also knows him better than anyone else.

A coming-of-age story, both light-hearted and dramatic, by the author who would later give us "Jitsu wa Watashi wa".
Go to Sakura Discord Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

184 Comments

It takes itself and its topic a bit too seriously, I think, but it's a fun series and the characters are really pretty lovable. Looking forward to seeing more of them.

...and uh, why is half the comments section a discussion about rating systems? Shouldn't that be a forum topic, not a series discussion thing?

If anything, the current system is the best system. Completely worthless and everyone knows it.

You make good points, though I disagree on this one. While the actual number may not be meaningful, it does give a general idea of how well liked the series is, specifically when you compare the rating to the number of votes.

This applies especially well for disliked or not very well liked series. If it has over a hundred votes and is sitting just over a two, it's probably pretty bad.

Then would the rotten tomatoes system of showing both critical and audience scores be better of a compromise? I wonder how that would work, who would be viable for 'critic' stature? I dunno why but I like thinking about stuff like this.

Lolno. The Rotten Tomatoes system would be even WORSE for Batoto.

The manga audience(/Batoto) is largely run by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts; so theres a huge stigma towards negative feedback. No one wants to be told how to enjoy their hobby, and thats fine. But that also means that any critic community chosen/installed by corporate overlords would mindlessly praise everything and harshly criticize nothing, lest they be fired.

If anything, the current system is the best system. Completely worthless and everyone knows it.

While I'm liking it so far, I don't think I'll be laughing out loud on this one. Maybe in a "Oh, those teenagers and their drama and their kisses" way?

I assume there will be kisses.

Also I wonder how many of the six will be paired in the group.

And now the Avengers have assembled. I cant' wait to see the shenanigans about to unfold.

Ticket reservations to board on the Nomi×Sumi ship are open. =]

Still, they sure are taking all this seriously… a bit too much, maybe…

AW GODDAMN XD! When it was finally getting good and excitting

Chap 6 and 7 are coming soon, don't worry. =]

AW GODDAMN XD! When it was finally getting good and excitting

WhoSxPj.jpg

161670tommy.jpg

Am I the only one seeing Tommy Wiseau here? ò.Ô

HAHAHA! What a funny story Mark!

The images are beautiful this chapter. I suppose we can attribute this to Kobe?

Then would the rotten tomatoes system of showing both critical and audience scores be better of a compromise? I wonder how that would work, who would be viable for 'critic' stature? I dunno why but I like thinking about stuff like this.

Well, I think there's a separate issue altogether with aggregate scores like that; they're supposed to represent a general consensus but don't necessarily capture the variety of opinions that might be represented in the literature. It seems like it's just trying to fit professional reviews into the public rating system we've all become familiar with for the sake of convenience.

That's why you ignore 1 and 2, so it becomes: 3 for bad, 4 for average and 5 for good.

Don't ignore 1 and 2, they actually have meaning to them.
2 means that the manga is probably rather offensive or disgusting in some way (for example justifying or normalising rape) as well as being bad. 1 is basically something so bad you mourn for the paper it was printed on, even if it is a digital copy.

161670tommy.jpg

Am I the only one seeing Tommy Wiseau here? ò.Ô

woztf.jpg

…I confirm, Waifu is pretty incredible. ò.Ô Just not very convenient when you have 20 pages and the image names are completely random…

Heh, Jima is prototype for Shimada (even same first name), Oka for Okada, Mebuki for Shiho and Sumiyoshi for Nagisa.

Yeah… I don't really see the point of having a rating system at all, honestly, when the vast majority of the series end up with a score between 4 and 5.

That's why you ignore 1 and 2, so it becomes: 3 for bad, 4 for average and 5 for good.

Welcome to all public rating systems ever.

Also: welcome to why professional review systems still exist.

To be honest despite me approving of a five star average, i think the youtube rating system is very apt here, most people will vote whether they like it or not rather than say it was average or above average etc. 

In my opinion i think batoto needs to revamp their rating system because the rating of a manga only reflects its popularity rather than its quality - or that's my interpretation of it.

Welcome to all public rating systems ever.

Also: welcome to why professional review systems still exist.

thanks for the chapter!

Yeah… I don't really see the point of having a rating system at all, honestly, when the vast majority of the series end up with a score between 4 and 5.

Huh… the rating somehow went from 4.78 to 4.63 in like 2 votes… is Sumiyoshi that unpopular? >.>

Anyway, translation changed. It should be fine, now.

To be honest despite me approving of a five star average, i think the youtube rating system is very apt here, most people will vote whether they like it or not rather than say it was average or above average etc. 

In my opinion i think batoto needs to revamp their rating system because the rating of a manga only reflects its popularity rather than its quality - or that's my interpretation of it.

Huh… the rating somehow went from 4.78 to 4.63 in like 2 votes… is Sumiyoshi that unpopular? >.>

Anyway, translation changed. It should be fine, now.

You do not upscale images. Ever. >_>

Have you even used it?  waifu2x is amazing!

…Okkay? --'.`-- I know what diabetes are and I get your point, but you're overreacting a bit, aren't you?

But if you're that offended I can change the translation, I guess.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics