Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 184votes)

Chichi to Hige-Gorilla to Watashi

Alt Names: alt Chichi to Higegorira to Watashialt 父とヒゲゴリラと私alt Dad, the Beard Gorilla and Ialt Dad, the Bearded Gorilla, and Ialt Gojuan, eg Lombobo ana Dwaalt Papá, el Gorila Barbudo, y Yo
Author: Koike Sadaji
Artist: Koike Sadaji
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaComedy ComedyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After losing her mother to a tragic accident, 6-year old tomboy, Michiru, finds a suspicious person moving into her precious home: her dad’s giant younger brother Kouji, the “Beard Gorilla”. While awkward at first, it doesn’t take long for the two to develop a familiar bond that looks more like that of a brother and a sister, than that of niece & uncle.
Go to Chichi to Hige-Gorilla to Watashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Released chapter discussion: Dad, the Beard Gorilla and I New Window truepurple
  • 2 Replies

243 Comments

Souichi, your next

Metal Slug reference?

Spoiler

I just started reading this, and this caught my eye

Spoiler

I personally organize it by how often I use it. Since if I run low on my way out to work if the ones I use the most are low I know to get more on my way back.

I just started reading this, and this caught my eye

Spoiler

There is something that is both inspiring and frustrating about characters like the dad; that they are almost saint like, forgiving transgressions against them and or their loved ones.  It's inspiring because we all wish to be like them (example Bell from Dungeon), but at the same time, part of me wishes that they would get mad and stay mad. ( and rightfully so.)

tl;dr it was shit-tier platitude nonsense

(actual)Gorilla still owns

There is something that is both inspiring and frustrating about characters like the dad; that they are almost saint like, forgiving transgressions against them and or their loved ones.  It's inspiring because we all wish to be like them (example Bell from Dungeon), but at the same time, part of me wishes that they would get mad and stay mad. ( and rightfully so.)

So when I read characters such as

Spoiler
it is honestly a breath of fresh air to read a character that seems more "real" in that regard, as in he almost dies from the hands of some petty jealous individual and he goes out of his way to remind the individual of their wrongdoing LONG afterward.  

Top chapter. Misunderstandings were cleared, fears were faced, and even though sh*t hit the face, it did not hit the fan. Two thumbs up. You go, Miss Nishihara, go get'm girl. Although maybe it would be better to shower first.

Somebody shop Suzu from Bird Café next to the panda.

I ship Tsukasa and Kusahara-san so freakin' hard!

Think that's going to happen or will they willtheywontthey for the next 8 volumes?

Wait that sounds like completely normal urban speed limits for Europe, 50kmh/31mph is standard, and as low as 30kmh/19mph is not uncommon in dense residential areas, how fast do you crazy yanks drive?

You really locked on to the wrong part of that comment, didn't you?

Wait that sounds like completely normal urban speed limits for Europe, 50kmh/31mph is standard, and as low as 30kmh/19mph is not uncommon in dense residential areas, how fast do you crazy yanks drive?

25/30 MPH in residential neighborhoods and same in most city centers. Otherwise 45-50MPH on most thorough fares. But the best is out west in some of the undeveloped portions of the larger states...no speed limit on the interstate highways.

Chapter 46 commentary....Okay so IDK if y'all have ever been to Japan but their speed limits are cripplingly slow compared to America. The average urban speed limit is like 25-30mph there.

Chapter 46 commentary....Okay so IDK if y'all have ever been to Japan but their speed limits are cripplingly slow compared to America. The average urban speed limit is like 25-30mph there. Sure the kid ignored the cross walk light and mom served to avoid but lost control on the unplowed/unsalted road...but I just can't imagine a <30mph crash killing a driver wearing a seatbelt (and honestly, she would have been driving way slower anyway due to the horrible road conditions). This is literally the same speed limit in my subdivision neighborhood.

Wow, I didn't expect that. Gj, author-sama, gj. You shot me straight through the kokoro.

https://vatoto.com/reader#a1369e7ddd260513_5 ch44 page 5, she mean he isn't listening? I don't get how saying the alphabet to a request for permission or at least notification of going to the park indicates listening.

like, directly? Girl says A, uncle says B.

Naughty, naughty pigeon thoughts!

More shipping

Will all females in this manga have an animal-related phobia?

The Section Chief is just too good. He needs his own omake corner or something.

So in my mind I can't hear Kozue as a child. It's that trollish unchanging smile.

TFW you accidentally reveal an embarrassing secret:

Spoiler

https://vatoto.com/reader#a1369e7ddd260513_5 ch44 page 5, she mean he isn't listening? I don't get how saying the alphabet to a request for permission or at least notification of going to the park indicates listening.

suddenly, cbt

Coming back from the scanlation team site.
Get ready, you have some awesome chapters coming next posts.

The dandelion what game now?

I didn't read this for two months since the setup looked so cliche.  Finally caved because it kept showing up so obviously someone liked it.

Now I'm eeeeeeeeeeeeee new beard gorilla!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics