Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 164votes)

Hinomaru Zumou

Alt Names: alt 火之丸相扑alt 火ノ丸相撲alt Hinomaru Sumoalt Hinomaru Zumōalt Hinomaru-Zumoualt Sumo of the Rising Sunalt Sumo Wrestler Hinomarualt Сумо Хиномару
Author: Kawada
Artist: Kawada
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It is a divine ritual, a martial art, a combat sport—it's sumo!!
A "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru, appears before the weak little sumo club of Oodachi High School! The words "big" and "heavy" are the rules to this sport, which does not fit this newbie any inch, but this guy goes and does what...!?
Ushio and the small sumo club climbs its way to the top!
The goal is *Hinoshita Kaisan!
A fired up high school sumo tale—no retakes allowed!!

*Hinoshita Kaisan - A title for the highest rank in professional sumo, equivalent of Yokozuna.

From Mangahelpers
Go to Hinomaru Zumou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hinomaru Zumou (sumo sport) chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

603 Comments

Where the hell did the Ushio get his scars from!? Did he beat up bears!?

Edit: I correct myself, his scars are a natural consequence of having too much man.

Damn dude, when it comes to martial arts manga i didn't expect to read a manga all about sumo. after the end of HSDK i was looking for a new martial arts manga that i could follow and this is it, can't wait for more

This is soooo much manlier than Kohinata, even the little guy (forgot his name) is.

The author's artwork on volume 3, looks very fanartish.

There are some relatively thinner sumos out there. Chiyonofuji, Takahanada, Terao, and some really skinny white dude. I only know this because I spent way too much time looking for a not super fat one.

I wanna see Yuuma start kicking ass already.

Z94ne4q.png

I would still read the fuck out of this, looks hype as shit.

Z94ne4q.png

Well... Reality isn't as beautiful as manga. lol

Finally, five members.

battlefever_formation.gif

Z94ne4q.png

Not to come across ungrateful but you might want to hire a native English speaker for your proofreader. Other than that thank you for the translations and well done cleaning.

I might go back as to being the proofreader for Fallen Angels if I'll ever be bothered. But yeah, the fall in quality is apparent and I don't want to brag when I say that.
Not to come across ungrateful but you might want to hire a native English speaker for your proofreader. Other than that thank you for the translations and well done cleaning.

They need a crossover... so Ushio can take some lessons with Souma... the thing is his just stuffing that Chanko with health supplements right? Though the other way round... would be scary to see Isshiki-senpai trying sumo, the guy wouldn´t last... you wonder how everyone there can be so skinny with so much food around...

até mais ver

mr. Poneis

I wonder which one would be the worst among the three: Hinomaru's health supplement chanko, Soma's squid tentacles dressed in peanut butter or Jouiichirou's snake sashimi with scales. Uheheh.

Feel like I need to leave a positive comment after my other one.

Those color pages are some of the best composition / color scheme / and art in jump imo. Jump artists lack the design aspect that this manga nails in color pages.

CH sixteen plot twist was awesome. Nice character development :)

How weird. The "Number one mma fighter in Japan" didn't budge Hinomaru. We are approaching dbz super saiyan 3 levels in chapter 15. That only leaves SS4/god!!

LMAO LOW SKY AIRPLANE THROW????????? 

Its a freakin fireman's carry....-__-

Love the manga but that was silly. 

-

When it was said that Yuuma was training karate? Did I miss something?

BTW: The strongest King will be SOUL KING... yohohohohoho!

http://vatoto.com/read/_/273255/hinomaru-zumou_ch1_by_fallen-angels/40

He's supposedly a black belt in Karate.

Let's see. We have the two sumo guys, one karate thug and the wrestling dude. I don't think the new kid has a sport he's good at but I like the idea of diffrent sports coming together to form a sumo team.

When it was said that Yuuma was training karate? Did I miss something?

BTW: The strongest King will be SOUL KING... yohohohohoho!

Let's see. We have the two sumo guys, one karate thug and the wrestling dude. I don't think the new kid has a sport he's good at but I like the idea of diffrent sports coming together to form a sumo team.

They need a crossover... so Ushio can take some lessons with Souma... the thing is his just stuffing that Chanko with health supplements right? Though the other way round... would be scary to see Isshiki-senpai trying sumo, the guy wouldn´t last... you wonder how everyone there can be so skinny with so much food around...

até mais ver

mr. Poneis

Art for me is bad but...you can feel it's a very good manga because there is so much SPIRIT of the sport....yeah this is what pulls you in reading it...

Damn, awesome chapter
Take down! Daaaamn.

God, this is so... manly.

Female admirer for Yuuma. She is mad because Yuuma joined the sumo club.

Sister doesn't like seeing Yuuma in a mawashi.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics