Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 164votes)

Hinomaru Zumou

Alt Names: alt ē«ä¹‹äøøē›øꉑalt ē«ćƒŽäøøē›øę’²alt Hinomaru Sumoalt Hinomaru Zumōalt Hinomaru-Zumoualt Sumo of the Rising Sunalt Sumo Wrestler Hinomarualt Š”уŠ¼Š¾ Š„ŠøŠ½Š¾Š¼Š°Ń€Ńƒ
Author: Kawada
Artist: Kawada
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It is a divine ritual, a martial art, a combat sportā€”it's sumo!!
A "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru, appears before the weak little sumo club of Oodachi High School! The words "big" and "heavy" are the rules to this sport, which does not fit this newbie any inch, but this guy goes and does what...!?
Ushio and the small sumo club climbs its way to the top!
The goal is *Hinoshita Kaisan!
A fired up high school sumo taleā€”no retakes allowed!!

*Hinoshita Kaisan - A title for the highest rank in professional sumo, equivalent of Yokozuna.

From Mangahelpers
Go to Hinomaru Zumou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hinomaru Zumou (sumo sport) chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

603 Comments

That old guy's grin at the end of ch41 is great.

Yes, he's like "At last, someone who i can beat with a bamboo stick and he won't complain".

That old guy's grin at the end of ch41 is great.

Is it bad if I read this not for sumo, sport, or anything like that, but for the vice president?

Its in the word Hino which means sun field. 

ē«(hi) means fire. ę—„(hi) means sun, day, japan(ę—„ęœ¬).

so there no sun kanji in the title. an "no" is written in katakana.

Where is the official tanslation of this "Sumo of the Rising Sun" XDDDD It would be "Sumo of the blazing circle". Where is the Kanji for "sun" in the name? LOL

Its in the word Hino which means sun field. 

Where is the official tanslation of this "Sumo of the Rising Sun" XDDDD It would be "Sumo of the blazing circle". Where is the Kanji for "sun" in the name? LOL

How the flying fuck does a kid with such a serious asthma build a body like that?

I would guess eating right, and doing the right work outs with the least stress to lungs. Big weights short reps. Longer breaks. 

Also, they used one of the characters to mention that he's got muscles, but not extremely well built probably better than the average person who doesn't work out. 

Why i get so much hype from this?! I forgot the eat! AGAIN! IN A SPAM OF 50 MINUTES!

How the flying fuck does a kid with such a serious asthma build a body like that?

damn this panel is so sad :SS

They needed to establish that he was strong by taking out Mikazuki, then have him get destroyed Kusanagi in a match before the need for a coach came. If they always had a coach and he still lost instead of this we would be getting "HEY ONIMARU SINCE YOU LOST I GUESS ITS TIME TO TRY.... THAT" which would just frustrate us that he hadn't noticed he needed that from the beginning. Him showing up to watch his old friends match and noticing a way he could help the team is much more smooth, even though I think he had been planning this for awhile.

Well, that was sarcasm you know? But, yeah i am 100% with you in this one. Author did a good job with  introducing Kirihito after fight with  Kusanagi. No Deus Ex Machina here.

Hahaha, this mandaka is really good. Reading his work is like a "How to" about keeping someone  interested each chapter on a weekly basis.

Yeah, they should put him in 1st chapter. It's not like there weren't any real moments to bring him up.

They needed to establish that he was strong by taking out Mikazuki, then have him get destroyed Kusanagi in a match before the need for a coach came. If they always had a coach and he still lost instead of this we would be getting "HEY ONIMARU SINCE YOU LOST I GUESS ITS TIME TO TRY.... THAT" which would just frustrate us that he hadn't noticed he needed that from the beginning. Him showing up to watch his old friends match and noticing a way he could help the team is much more smooth, even though I think he had been planning this for awhile.

Kind of late to bring in this friend I feel, but whatever, he looks like a bro and I hope he's able to help progress Hinomaru.

All aboard the hype train!

friend ex machina

Yeah, they should put him in 1st chapter. It's not like there weren't any real moments to bring him up.

friend ex machina

I'm jumping onto this ship , ain't gonna jump off da board naoo

Yep. I'm getting on this ship!

Ship?

Ahoy!

Ship?

.... Well it's the only one available right now.... Either we go with this, or just stay in the harbor waiting for other ships. Which doesn't really sound promising with all this manly storms. When will the next one dock with such storms?

Ship?

Oh ... The route for Ushio x That's blonde dude's sister unlocked ....

convenience rain is convenience

>Guy called 'Sousuke'

>His opponent sees an illusion of victory

Spoiler

As much as I wanted him to win, for him to get past it all with hard work and determination, regardless of the odds and differences... I'm rather glad he lost.

For once, an MC wasn't able to get through his struggles through hard work, it reflects a lot on real life and how there are some things you just can't do or compete in, in this case because of Ushio's size.

It's probably going to be a recurring theme within the manga, which will be nice to see if anything, how Ushio progresses and moves past his "weakness".

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics