Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 164votes)

Hinomaru Zumou

Alt Names: alt 火之丸相扑alt 火ノ丸相撲alt Hinomaru Sumoalt Hinomaru Zumōalt Hinomaru-Zumoualt Sumo of the Rising Sunalt Sumo Wrestler Hinomarualt Сумо Хиномару
Author: Kawada
Artist: Kawada
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It is a divine ritual, a martial art, a combat sport—it's sumo!!
A "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru, appears before the weak little sumo club of Oodachi High School! The words "big" and "heavy" are the rules to this sport, which does not fit this newbie any inch, but this guy goes and does what...!?
Ushio and the small sumo club climbs its way to the top!
The goal is *Hinoshita Kaisan!
A fired up high school sumo tale—no retakes allowed!!

*Hinoshita Kaisan - A title for the highest rank in professional sumo, equivalent of Yokozuna.

From Mangahelpers
Go to Hinomaru Zumou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hinomaru Zumou (sumo sport) chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

603 Comments

Oh nononononononononononononono... HINOMARUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It would be nice if other countries were considered when tallying how popular a series is. With the internet, it shouldn't be an issue to have a weekly release of jump, digitally, complete with feedback. I think the landscape would look much different if a global audience got a say, instead of just the japanese.

This new chapters have to be enjoyed with a fitting song. Yang Xiao Long's "Burn".

Thank you dearly for this triple release.

And I thought with number of chapters, there wouldn't be a cliffhanger. But no.... they give you the cliffhanger of cliffhangers.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Anyway to hide non-english chapters?

Cover 09!! where's the anime? i need

vfd4Qye.jpg

I am so buying this manga should it ever by licensed in a country with a managable delivery fee. Hahaha... haha... Sumo outside Japan...

Not even in Japan is that popular. Despite his rankings, its sells are quite low

With permission of Haikyuu, this is the best spokon in WSJ in the last 5 years. Far above Kuroko no Basuke and slightly superior to Haikyuu

This damn manga its aweeeeeeeeeesome! The art its some intense. Hell, I got goosebumps with the captain blood-lust face

Only thing i don't understand is how THIS series could be lower in rankings than Haikyuu. Does fujoshis hate men with big bodies?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

One Word. INTENSE.

all the matches are fucking intense

CAPTAIN BANZAAAI

This here is where Onimura realised about Ozeki what we have seen in this chapter: http://vatoto.com/reader#f822da435508d600_26

Argh this chapter 72.5... Always gets me. You get caught in the flow of the story, think there's a new chapter... NO!!! just the same extra chapter from weeks ago. Gets me EVERY TIME!!! 

I am so buying this manga should it ever by licensed in a country with a managable delivery fee. Hahaha... haha... Sumo outside Japan...

I didn't expect anything big from this manga but I was so wrong. Each fight is so exciting to see. Every shonen cliche concept used in a different way which feels real. One of the best Sports manga for me.

This manga really does the whole "emotions help the fight" thing really well. 

Ayyyy bitchslap for your dirty tactics! Thanks for the chapter.

Ten Thousands Thumps in the Air!

I did not notice it until it was said. Only Ozeki can be the captain. God damn right.

It's pretty obvious that the result will be 2-2 in the first four rounds.
Then decide the match by the last round.
But I still hope for an unexpected development, that's to win 3-1 in the first four.

yes, but whos gonna win, yuuma or captain?

You know what they say about flashbacks!

It's pretty obvious that the result will be 2-2 in the first four rounds.
Then decide the match by the last round.

But I still hope for an unexpected development, that's to win 3-1 in the first four.

I just cant stop myself from admiring the goddamn art! 

it's pretty cool that Yuuma's sis is there to echo, quite likely, the thoughts of many readers who picked up this manga. i said this before and i'll keep saying it: i respect this work a lot for making me see sumo as what it actually is; a noble, serious sport and not a fatty-gag.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics