Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 164votes)

Hinomaru Zumou

Alt Names: alt 火之丸相扑alt 火ノ丸相撲alt Hinomaru Sumoalt Hinomaru Zumōalt Hinomaru-Zumoualt Sumo of the Rising Sunalt Sumo Wrestler Hinomarualt Сумо Хиномару
Author: Kawada
Artist: Kawada
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: It is a divine ritual, a martial art, a combat sport—it's sumo!!
A "small" new student, Ushio Hinomaru, appears before the weak little sumo club of Oodachi High School! The words "big" and "heavy" are the rules to this sport, which does not fit this newbie any inch, but this guy goes and does what...!?
Ushio and the small sumo club climbs its way to the top!
The goal is *Hinoshita Kaisan!
A fired up high school sumo tale—no retakes allowed!!

*Hinoshita Kaisan - A title for the highest rank in professional sumo, equivalent of Yokozuna.

From Mangahelpers
Go to Hinomaru Zumou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hinomaru Zumou (sumo sport) chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 3 Replies

603 Comments

On the one hand you are right, from High-School to top division takes years. A lot of guys never make it, simply because of injury or because they can not gain weight quickly enough.

But if this series actually goes on this long, sooner or later it will have a mighty clash of 'manga topes' vs. reality!

Because as much as they have been small guys in ozumo, there has never been a tiny 'u-boat-attack' push-out sumotori in the upper leagues!

I mean, this is the whole point of gaining weight in sumo, so that small frys like that can not stand a chance.

So in order to not drift into total fairytale land, Onimaru will have to change his fighting style. Going head-to-head against pro-wrestlers is simply not an option.

Plus, a one-trick-pony like him usually get figured out once he reaches Makuuchi, a yokozuna would not be worth his salt if he could not adapt to someone like that...

I feel like you haven't understood this manga at all tbh.

On the one hand you are right, from High-School to top division takes years. A lot of guys never make it, simply because of injury or because they can not gain weight quickly enough.

But if this series actually goes on this long, sooner or later it will have a mighty clash of 'manga topes' vs. reality!

Because as much as they have been small guys in ozumo, there has never been a tiny 'u-boat-attack' push-out sumotori in the upper leagues!

I mean, this is the whole point of gaining weight in sumo, so that small frys like that can not stand a chance.

So in order to not drift into total fairytale land, Onimaru will have to change his fighting style. Going head-to-head against pro-wrestlers is simply not an option.

Plus, a one-trick-pony like him usually get figured out once he reaches Makuuchi, a yokozuna would not be worth his salt if he could not adapt to someone like that...

Exactly what Yotanwa wrote. Why are people assuming that this is high school sports manga? This is only a beginning.

I see a few people talking about how this manga seems to be moving quickly towards an end. But is it really? I mean right now they're fighting at a high school level and yes if he wins this tourney he can fight in the All-Japan one but when they explained it they mentioned that high schoolers also fight in the All-Japan. Sure he would gain the right to participate in the All-Japan but they didn't say that this was the only way for him to participate in it otherwise there'd be one high-schooler (the Yokozuna) and the rest Uni student and those in the work force. It is also the case that there seems to be some information that we the readers are missing. 

Anyway Hinomaru's ultimate goal is to become a pro Yokozuna which is a long way off. He has to participate in this current tournament, then there'll most likely be some time off and training before the All-Japan, then after that the same again before becoming a pro. There's also the high likelyhood that there will be some trials a tribulations smattered in the middle of all this. Then after he becomes a pro it obviously won't be smooth sailing and there'll be a lot of work involved in getting to the top, because even if he wins the All-Japan the highest rank he can obtain is Makushita which is the 3rd highest division this means there'll be a lot more that needs to happen for him to get to Juuryou then Makuuchi and then when he's in Makuuchi he has to overcome the strongest sumo wrestlers in the world. There may be a time skip involved and backstory aswell and also storylines of the growth of Hinomaru's friends, also some filler aswell.

All in all I feel like the pacing for the manga is fine. Since there's a ultimate goal the manga won't go on forever and there needs to be steady progression which is what we got so far. Hopefully it won't be super long like Hajime no Ippo because it's just too long at that point so I feel like there's at least a minimum of another 150-200 chapters we can see from this series, so at least another 3-4 years or so but that just what I think anyway ^.^

I was missing this series. Now I can't wait to see what happens.

Judging for the fast pace of the story its close to end, i dont know if it is low sales or if the magazine are planing relaunch the series ala mushibugyo or kenichi

At the very least, I doubt they'll be getting rid of it, I took at the Last 10 Weeks of Shonen jump rankings Hinomaru came in (Going from most recent to least recent) 7th, 4th, (Lead color, not ranked), 5th, 6th, 2nd, 5th, 7th, (Lead color, Not ranked), 5th.

It's been hovering around 5th, and that's no small feat out of 16 series running in jump. Point being, I doubt it'll end due to low sales. It might be a Bakuman think maybe? You know ending it at his own pace, but it being canceled not likely.

Judging for the fast pace of the story its close to end, i dont know if it is low sales or if the magazine are planing relaunch the series ala mushibugyo or kenichi

yep, I was like, tennouji so soon?? really, isn't his rematch with the yokozuna's son the first step in the mayor tournament??

YesyesyesyesyesyesyesYES! I am so HYPED! This is gonna be so epic, so teethgrinding, so manly!

You know I rarely have giant aspirations when it comes to manga.  I really hope this manga doesn't just focus on high school sumo (is there actually high school sumo in Japan?).  I would like to see the characters come out into professional sumo sort of like Hajime no Ippo except not as long winded.

This manga never ceases to amaze, or surprise me. The art, the character development, the character interaction, it's all so perfect!

You know I rarely have giant aspirations when it comes to manga.  I really hope this manga doesn't just focus on high school sumo (is there actually high school sumo in Japan?).  I would like to see the characters come out into professional sumo sort of like Hajime no Ippo except not as long winded.

And I found my new wallpaper: http://vatoto.com/reader#10155df5089d8cc3_15

I'd like to add that my attempts at gauging the manliness of this moment have all ended in failure.

time to scream and cheer :")

And I found my new wallpaper: http://vatoto.com/reader#10155df5089d8cc3_15

Dammit, i wasn't really paying attention and was assuming she was still just sick.

Yup, totally unexpected.

Dammit, i wasn't really paying attention and was assuming she was still just sick.

Well, I definitely didn't expect him to be modest yet confident... I thought he'd be much more arrogant than that. That's a breath of fresh air compared to that annoying Oodenta Mitsuyo

I did not know what I expected him to look like. Not like this... but whatever it was, his actual appearance erased whatever expectations I had. His design is well made, we could actually differentiate between the National Treasures by eyes alone.

What is the secret to your strength? 

jDbXgKm.jpg

only one chapter and i already like this tennoujin guy

img000016.png

After each chapter it gets better...

Ahahahaha...! Ahahahaha! You are funny.^^

[...]Also the guy talking about how he's gonna do research on them doesn't get that research matters not in the face of the truly strong. The truly strong don't need research to win.

This needs to be an anime. Also the guy talking about how he's gonna do research on them doesn't get that research matters not in the face of the truly strong. The truly strong don't need research to win.

That Yokozuna shoot is so amazing...

Which begs the question: Do we know which nationalitys the current in-story Yokozuna is? The current reallife ones are all Mongols...From the back he looks slightly asian, so maybe...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics