Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 208votes)

Mill

Alt Names: alt ミルalt 미르alt Miru
Author: Tahara Kazunori
Artist: Tahara Kazunori
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: College student Aki is shocked when a teenage girl suddenly barges into his Tokyo apartment, acting as if he should know her. When the truth becomes clear, the situation is even stranger. The 'teenage girl' is actually his precious pet cat Mill from his home in Kyushu, who is apparently an 86 year old 'monster cat' who can change between cat and human forms. Will Aki be able to fit his supernatural pet cat into his ordinary college life?
Go to Mill Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Mill released chapter discussion New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

442 Comments

Wait, has it really been three years since this scanlation started? It feels practically like yesterday... I must be getting old.

Welcome to the Old Geezer's club. I am one of the senior members of it here. But yes, it's been almost three years now. Things went quicker in the beginning, when it one of only two things I was working on.  I've been getting busier, so the releases from individual series have been getting further apart as time has gone on.  One of these days I really should cut back a bit and focus on only 2-3 series . . . rather than 8-9.

And, more fervently, I am compelled to thank you for seeing this series through--it rather seems the sort of slow-paced lovely thing that would normally never get a complete translation.

I knew what the ending would be from the start. That was an incentive to see it through right there.

And now we're in the home stretch.  The last four chapters, one after the other.  If I am interrupted, it will be because Green Moriyama will have completed the translation of another chapter of Oni ga Deru.  But that's an easy interruption.  Anyway, Mill 46 is already cued up for me to translate relatively quickly.

Yes! The time is nigh. I've been waiting to continue reading this until it was complete, because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to handle any potential cliffhangers once the romance started...

Wait, has it really been three years since this scanlation started? It feels practically like yesterday... I must be getting old.

Pretty sure I've said something along these lines before, but thank you for all the cats.

And, more fervently, I am compelled to thank you for seeing this series through--it rather seems the sort of slow-paced lovely thing that would normally never get a complete translation.

And now we're in the home stretch.  The last four chapters, one after the other.  If I am interrupted, it will be because Green Moriyama will have completed the translation of another chapter of Oni ga Deru.  But that's an easy interruption.  Anyway, Mill 46 is already cued up for me to translate relatively quickly.

Spoiler

>at middle day

>AT MIDDLE DAY

>AT MIDDLE DAY

Spoiler

No need to beat yourself up over a small typo... XD

Spoiler

>at middle day

>AT MIDDLE DAY

>AT MIDDLE DAY

Pg9nt.gif

All of this mangaka's later manga are soccer/futbol related.  And over the next couple of chapters several of the characters in this series undergo a subtle morphing until they strongly resemble the characters in the mangaka's next major series: Yuuzora no Cruyffism,

FWIW, I have all ten volumes of the series, and chapter one is cleaned and transcribed, with 9 of 47 pages done.  I may do that series after Mill.

Spoiler

As promised, the next chapter.  There are four more chapters left in the story.

Awesomeness

¡Maestroooooooooooo! ;_;

This really makes me happy, but again, I only noticed all the football refs as I reread. That comes to show how much I prefer cats over football (Now that gives me an idea... I should draw the Captain Tsubasa characters as cats. Nyaha!)

I feel like such an idiot as I reread this series. There are so many football references in this series that I didn't spot... Hell, how could I miss that shirt with the name Valderrama?!

Dishonor upon me, dishonor upon my family, dishonor upon my cow! I'm a terrible manga and football fan!

EDIT: CAPTAIN TSUBASA REFERENCE SPOTTED! I'm dying here!!!

All of this mangaka's later manga are soccer/futbol related.  And over the next couple of chapters several of the characters in this series undergo a subtle morphing until they strongly resemble the characters in the mangaka's next major series: Yuuzora no Cruyffism,

And as luck/fate would have it, Johan Cruyff died just as the last chapters of that series were being completed.  The artist wrote a homage to him in the last volume, and the main character of that series strongly resembles the young Cruyff.  See the following inside the spoiler tags:

Spoiler

As with Mill, the series is G-rated seinen.  Sports with a bit of romance.  No ecchi that I've noticed.

FWIW, I have all ten volumes of the series, and chapter one is cleaned and transcribed, with 9 of 47 pages done.  I may do that series after Mill.

Side note: I see that my standards of cleaning and typesetting have improved slightly since I made the pages above...   <_<

I feel like such an idiot as I reread this series. There are so many football references in this series that I didn't spot... Hell, how could I miss that shirt with the name Valderrama?!

Dishonor upon me, dishonor upon my family, dishonor upon my cow! I'm a terrible manga and football fan!

EDIT: CAPTAIN TSUBASA REFERENCE SPOTTED! I'm dying here!!!

Wow, those words

Why must all cat-turned-into-girl stories have such FEELS!

so its not 'a cat is fine too' but more like 'cat or nothing'

I'm getting tired of romance genre manga which end in either harems with no clear resolution or bittersweet "we're just really close friends who've let multiple people down for nothing" endings.

It's weird--I read mostly romance genre manga, and I can't remember the last time I read an end like that.  I think it's a shounen thing and it's one reason I usually skip shounen romances.

That's good to know, because i really doubt Mill will end in any of those 2 cliches. Ty for the release rpapo, you are in fire lately.

I am doubling up on the Mill releases, as you may have noticed.  With that in mind, chapter 44 is already cleaned and I am transcribing it right now.  It should be ready in a couple of days.

And this story has a Good Ending™ which is indeed neither of the two mentioned a moment ago. Only five more chapters to go.

I'm getting tired of romance genre manga which end in either harems with no clear resolution or bittersweet "we're just really close friends who've let multiple people down for nothing" endings.
That's good to know, because i really doubt Mill will end in any of those 2 cliches. Ty for the release rpapo, you are on fire lately.

Mikki almost lost her cat hubby and now Aki is losing his cat waifu.

YADA!

Good guess at a reverse translation.  It is almost precisely the title of the chapter.  やだよ。 Yada yo.  I hate it.  I don't want it.  I don't like it.  No way!  There are many ways to translate it, depending on the precise context.  There were a couple of places in this chapter where the words could be translated in many ways.

In particular, the very last text in the chapter: いる。The meaning is "(it) exists", "(it) lives", "(it) stays" or "(it) is."  Aki is saying that while his feelings may not be precisely what Nakagoshi thinks of as "love", they nonetheless exist.  Emphatically so.

YADA!

Poor Aki. But at least not all hope is lost.

Goes to show that anger and resentment can be obstacles to getting what we truly want.  Cuz like, if it was me, I would never have let that bastard and his sidekick in my place, and I might never have learned the information they had to give.

It feels like it's been forever since I've last seen Aki's eye balls

As you can see, I've doubled-up on Mill in my scanlation queue.  Did it last time (chapters 39 & 40), doing it again now (41, 42).  Will do it again later.  That way this series should get done by mid-summer.

Milllllllllllllllllllll!!! ;___;

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics