Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.61 - 354votes)

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan

Alt Names: alt ふだつきのキョーコちゃん
Author: Yamamoto Souichirou
Artist: Yamamoto Souichirou
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fudatsuki Kenji is known in school for two things: for being a delinquent and for having a sister complex. He constantly follows his sister Kyoko around, fixing her giant ribbon and chasing off any boys who might be interested in her. However, the truth is much stranger than people believe. He actually doesn't have a crush on his sister-- in fact, he likes Hibino, the only girl in class who isn't afraid of him.
Go to Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

568 Comments

This is honestly the first time I've heard the word cubby since my days in preschool. Which just goes to show that it is indeed not common parlance, even in North America (although I can't speak for all of N.A.) I did think about using "cubby" but as far as I know, cubbies don't even have doors (the "cupboards" in the manga do indeed have doors on them.)

I didn't expect this much enmity to come from my word choice. I suppose I won't be able to quell everyone's disapproval, but before posting any more suggestions; please check to see if your chosen word matches the picture.

Yes, yes, I noted that cubbies are open in the front in my original comment.

And it doesn't particularly bother me. I only jumped into the conversation because English fascinating; so persnickety, so frustrating. I have no idea how I managed to learn it as a second language, and I appreciate your hard work in translating between two totally disparate languages. ^.^b

On another note, this manga is cuter than expected. Though I should probably start a count of how many times "siscon" is said in a single chapter.

Why not just "cubby"?

It's technically a compartment that's open in the front, but it offers basically the same amount of security as the...cupboard; i.e. none. Furthermore, "cubby" is already strongly associated with school, as opposed to "cupboard", which I've almost never seen used outside of the context of a kitchen.

Forgive me if "cubby" isn't part of common parlance outside of North America. I haven't even read the manga yet; got distracted by the comments, lol.

This is honestly the first time I've heard the word cubby since my days in preschool. Which just goes to show that it is indeed not common parlance, even in North America (although I can't speak for all of N.A.) I did think about using "cubby" but as far as I know, cubbies don't even have doors (the "cupboards" in the manga do indeed have doors on them.)

I didn't expect this much enmity to come from my word choice. I suppose I won't be able to quell everyone's disapproval, but before posting any more suggestions; please check to see if your chosen word matches the picture.

so...MC is actually an amazing student!

Some effort you got there in studying Nii-chan (/o_o)/ Hail for ye

the one problem i have with hibino is that she always looks high.

also when i clicked page 32 i was redirected to a advertisment, is that just me, or batoto, or was my cursor somewhere else than what i thought it was.....

so what i am asking is any thoughts on why that would happen?.......now i am paranoid and going to run a quick virus scan

Batoto has problems with broken ads.... either put on adblock temporarily, and wait for it to resolve, or report it in the forums if you're feeling like a good person... At least it's not giving you viruses like it occasionally likes to do!

In America, when one buys shoes from the store, the shoes often come in a cardboard box with its opening on the top. That's what shoe box means to me (and likely many others.) Shoe closet denotes privacy, which these objects do not provide. For example, anyone can open one and put a letter in it. Shoe rack is also incorrect for obvious reasons.

However, a cupboard is an indentation in a piece of furniture, often with a door and shelves used to store things. It just so happens that the word is very often used for its use in the kitchen where it's used to store things like utensils, cookware, and not shoes. I agree that cupboard sounds strange, but I will not be changing it. This is just another one of those cultural things that Japan does and "the West" does not; leaving us with no direct parallel.

Why not just "cubby"?

It's technically a compartment that's open in the front, but it offers basically the same amount of security as the...cupboard; i.e. none. Furthermore, "cubby" is already strongly associated with school, as opposed to "cupboard", which I've almost never seen used outside of the context of a kitchen.

Forgive me if "cubby" isn't part of common parlance outside of North America. I haven't even read the manga yet; got distracted by the comments, lol.

I really like the characters in this manga. It's nice to see a genuinely kind brother and a tsundere sister that isn't annoying.

That ribbon is sort of like a cheat-code for him to use, isn't it?

the one problem i have with hibino is that she always looks high.

also when i clicked page 32 i was redirected to a advertisment, is that just me, or batoto, or was my cursor somewhere else than what i thought it was.....

so what i am asking is any thoughts on why that would happen?.......now i am paranoid and going to run a quick virus scan

Um.. is anyone getting the vibe that the Student Council President... is all about the bro-sis con thing? http://vatoto.com/read/_/287694/fudatsuki-no-kyoko-chan_v1_ch2-v2_by_habanero-scans/25that internal monologue sounds like a "Hurray for incest because it is win!" if I've ever heard it.

Yyyyyyup. She is all aboard that ship. Further evidenced in chapter 3 when Kyouko's attempts to make her brother seem like a pervy siscon just gives Pres a kinda satisfied smile. It's totally possible that she just likes watching them interact because she's an only child or has a strained relationship with her own siblings or something, buuuut having an expression like that when little sister is all "but brother, you like it when I dress light" is really... Let's say it's a little bit niche.

I thesaurus'ed Locker. Cupboard remains solid.

Then... Shoe box? I don't know, cupboard sounds so weird to me.

In America, when one buys shoes from the store, the shoes often come in a cardboard box with its opening on the top. That's what shoe box means to me (and likely many others.) Shoe closet denotes privacy, which these objects do not provide. For example, anyone can open one and put a letter in it. Shoe rack is also incorrect for obvious reasons.

However, a cupboard is an indentation in a piece of furniture, often with a door and shelves used to store things. It just so happens that the word is very often used for its use in the kitchen where it's used to store things like utensils, cookware, and not shoes. I agree that cupboard sounds strange, but I will not be changing it. This is just another one of those cultural things that Japan does and "the West" does not; leaving us with no direct parallel.

Yeah, but the problem with "locker" is that 下駄箱 aka "cupboards" don't have locks (I've never seen one with a lock in a school setting). Therefore, "locker" is fundamentally incorrect; even though it sounds better.

Then... Shoe box? I don't know, cupboard sounds so weird to me.

If there's just one thing about the translation, that'd be the "cupboard" thing. Wouldn't something like "locker" be more appropriate? I mean, isn't this the usual translation?

Yeah, but the problem with "locker" is that 下駄箱 aka "cupboards" don't have locks (I've never seen one with a lock in a school setting). Therefore, "locker" is fundamentally incorrect; even though it sounds better.

If there's just one thing about the translation, that'd be the "cupboard" thing. Wouldn't something like "locker" be more appropriate? I mean, isn't this the usual translation?

Um.. is anyone getting the vibe that the Student Council President... is all about the bro-sis con thing? http://vatoto.com/read/_/287694/fudatsuki-no-kyoko-chan_v1_ch2-v2_by_habanero-scans/25that internal monologue sounds like a "Hurray for incest because it is win!" if I've ever heard it.

all excited for a new chapter. and I see. V2. >.>

If I could comment on the translation I wouldn't need one. Your work reads well though, with natural sounding sentences.  :) 

The manga itself is also entertaining. I'm well over the school setting but a Tsun who turns into a killer dere is a new one for me. 

Thanks for bringing this to us. 

I'm more curious about that piglet...I wanna see it113.gif

The setting and premise are both generic, but the dialogue is very fresh.

>I took many artistic liberties because the original script was just too boring.

...aha. I don't know what to make of this. I have to wonder whether I'm enjoying the original manga or an improved fan rewrite. If it's not as big of a deal as I'm about to make, then I'll apologize in advance. If it is...well, as long as it stays consistent, parallels real characterization and development, and doesn't introduce any inconsistencies with future chapters, then I see no problem. But that's not such an easy task. With artistic liberties comes artistic responsibilities. I'm much more comfortable trusting a paid professional, even if he/she's shitty, than trusting an online fan, even if he's muthafuckin Shakespeare/GRRM/James Joyce/me.

Either way, I don't really mind it as much as I sound I do. I'm just being autistic^TM

I hear ya. I know what you mean and I was thinking the same thing throughout the translation process. But the majority of my artistic liberties was changing the Japanese "throwaway" sentences/words (of which there are many) with things that I thought were more interesting and Englishizing some Japanese-isms and phrases. Regarding actual "story," if you can call it that, you'd be surprised at how little was changed. Any changes to important things were painstakingly worded to get the right idea across.

The setting and premise are both generic, but the dialogue is very fresh.

>I took many artistic liberties because the original script was just too boring.

...aha. I don't know what to make of this. I have to wonder whether I'm enjoying the original manga or an improved fan rewrite. If it's not as big of a deal as I'm about to make, then I'll apologize in advance. If it is...well, as long as it stays consistent, parallels real characterization and development, and doesn't introduce any inconsistencies with future chapters, then I see no problem. But that's not such an easy task. With artistic liberties comes artistic responsibilities. I'm much more comfortable trusting a paid professional, even if he/she's shitty, than trusting an online fan, even if he's muthafuckin Shakespeare/GRRM/James Joyce/me.

Either way, I don't really mind it as much as I sound I do. I'm just being autistic^TM

oh! tsundere brocon

Oh, just hit 744 follows :D:D

he is not a siscon, but she might be a brocon

it's definitely way to early to tell, but i'm getting the feeling he may end up as a siscon

she's totally into him though

This is cute, followed. MOARRR!!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics