Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * - - (3.45 - 84votes)

Gakuto no Vector

Alt Names: alt 学徒のベクトルalt 学生向量alt Student Vectoralt Студенческий вектор
Author: Morishige
Artist: Morishige
Genres: Comedy ComedyEcchi EcchiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A classmate learns that Minazu Aruto loves reading novels and short stories so she recommends a club that the school has called the Philosophia. The classmate doesn’t really know what the club is about but the name sparks a curiosity in Aruto and he decides to find out what it is. He goes to the old library on campus where he meets and is introduced to all three members of the group: Tomoe, Takaho and Kaede. Without really being explained what the Philosophia club is about, Aruto finds himself joining what he thinks is a literature club.
Go to Gakuto no Vector Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

103 Comments

random things happen, I like it. 

i'm sorry, this is too deep for me to enjoy. i have no choice but to give up.

props to the scanlators for the effort they put to this manga. if it was me, i would probably be burning my pc along with the raw after chapter 3. thank you s2scans.

3 chapters in they still haven't bothered to clear "filo filo".

The themes presented here are so random and superficial. 

Should be shonen instead of seinen.

Pass.

The portrayal of young adolescent boys has made me come to the conclusion that the mangaka is either a girl who has never went to co-ed before or a gay man.

So...it's over in only a volume? =/

There's 12 chapters total.

Quote from description, "Without really being explained what the Philosophia club is about, Aruto finds himself joining what he thinks is a literature club."

I've finished tl-ing the manga.

Spoiler

So...it's over in only a volume? =/

oh well,   again  incest?............. the greater  japanese perversion.

I still dont know what this manga is.......about.

The latest chapter was certainly random.  I'm not seeing any real development in the characters.  And yeah, earlier on the philosophical stuff seemed lacking, although I was never sure whether that's because the mangaka had no idea what they were talking about or whether it was deliberately giving an impression of the girls in the club being a tad more pretentious than knowledgeable.

I was willing to cut this some slack, but it's not really going anywhere that I can see, and it's not funny enough to make up for it.

I am beginning to suspect the translation...

I'm more of the opinion that the manga itself didn't make any sense. Lots of negative reviews over here: http://book.akahoshitakuya.com/b/4253255329 some even saying that even the philosophical part is half-baked at most.

Quote from description, "Without really being explained what the Philosophia club is about, Aruto finds himself joining what he thinks is a literature club."

I've finished tl-ing the manga.

Spoiler

you know.. i really want to enjoy reading this manga. i thought it will be a deep yet light story on philosophy. i didn't get that so far. heck, i didn't even feel any meaning in most of their conversation.

is this manga run around an elaborate japanese writings with hidden philosophical meanings in it? i feel that s2scans should at least put some translator notes for us then. if not, well, i'll give it one last chapter before i stop following this manga.

So really - does this manga also make no sense at all in Japanese, or is it just the translation?

I am beginning to suspect the translation...

So really - does this manga also make no sense at all in Japanese, or is it just the translation?

"I'm home"

LOL NO. Try again.

this is a fun series
but his constant use of "Filo Filo" is bothering me to no end XD

The Filo Filo club is fun... That's a lie!

So I read the 5th chapter and I still have a blank look on my face of what this manga is about..........

It's the adventures of the filo-philo club! What's there not to get?

So I read the 5th chapter and I still have a blank look on my face of what this manga is about..........

So... pimping out the newest club member, eh? I see Slice of Life has taken the backseat once again...

That was a sweet chapter :3

so this is how it went the author pitched a manga with a female lead but the editor dint like it so they changed it to a male lead but because of that they ended up with some thing that isn't  a girl but also isn't a guy

Spoiler

Someone sure was prepared....

I understand the philosophy concepts and statements but....as used in the context here....I dunno what the hell is goin on....so is it a harem or am I stupid or both? probably both huh?

Anyway, either

• This manga deals with hard-to-translate concepts that are very difficult to convey properly in English while making sense, or
  • The author has no idea about what he (or she) is doing and this whole shebang is stupidly pretentious. 

That's exactly what I was thinking part way through this most recent chapter - either there's some actual substance to all of that quasi-philosophical mumbo-jumbo and it got lost in translation, or it's just quasi-philosophical mumbo-jumbo.

The girls are cute though, so there's that.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics