Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.48 - 40votes)

Baki Dou

Alt Names: alt 刃牙道alt Baki Dōalt Baki's Pathalt Baki's Wayalt Baki-Doualt The Way of Baki
Author: Itagaki Keisuke
Artist: Itagaki Keisuke
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Baki is bored. After the conclusion of the epic battle between father and son, he continues to fight in the underground arena and train nonstop, but he always has to suppress his yawn caused by the overbearing boredom. No amount of stimulus or danger can bring excitement to him at this point.

Now, with the inclusion of the Prime Minister of Japan in the loop, a massive cloning project is attempting to clone Miyamoto Musashi, one of the fathers of martial arts in Japan. Another fight of historical proportions awaits Baki!

Order:

1-Baki the Grappler (1991-1999) 42 volumes
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/grappler-baki-r2434)

2-New Grappler Baki (1999-2005) 31 volumes
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/new-grappler-baki-r2432)

3-Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre (2005-2012) 37 volumes
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/baki-son-of-ogre-r2974)

4-Baki Dou (2014-?) 10 volumes
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/baki-dou-r11920)
Go to Baki Dou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest chapter discussion thread New Window MoterCrozz
  • 6 Replies

226 Comments

Cleaner of Baki here

if anyone is interested why took a 6 week break from this series:

only the Magazine RAWs (shitty - ok quality) were out and the Volume RAWs (good - great quality) weren't but since we are the only group doing Baki Dou and are to small to go back and do them twice, we waited for the Volume Scans (which you are now reading).

You...all of you!

I'm thankful for you guys!

If i can meet you guys personally i will treat you beers and cookies!

I expected a reaction like that from someone like Katsumi but then again if Retsu was defeated Katsumi's chances to even achieve some kind of revenge are low.

Thanks a lot for providing some new chapters.

Also a chapter with Shibukawa is always nice to read.

Cleaner of Baki here

if anyone is interested why took a 6 week break from this series:

only the Magazine RAWs (shitty - ok quality) were out and the Volume RAWs (good - great quality) weren't but since we are the only group doing Baki Dou and are to small to go back and do them twice, we waited for the Volume Scans (which you are now reading).

Hate that ninja guy being all smug, he never won anything, thinking he alone got a chance smh

He sure showed Baki a thing or two. A battle and a fight are two different things. They occasionally coincide, but to mistake the former for the latter will get your ass killed.

Hate that ninja guy being all smug, he never won anything, thinking he alone got a chance smh

Motobe's victory over Yanagi was a decent accomplishment, but if you want to feel better just remember that Motobe gets owned quite often, Baki is probably the only character that gets owned more that Motobe and that's mostly because Baki needs a wake-up slap like twice per manga when he starts to get overconfident or when he gets into a fight with a half-assed determination.

My favorite character in this series has just died. And I'm not mad, sad, but not mad.

This fight has become my favorite of all Baki. I'm not saying is the best nor that it isn't, but it's definitely my favorite.

I doubt that he has died, if a nobody like Suedou can survive a fall from a rollercoaster and that other weakling Katou can survive after Dorian slit his throat then Retsu sure can survive after this fight.

Can you drive more slowly? Loool. Thanks for the many chapters!

He's probably fine. If you put all the outside stuff back inside, it fixes the problem, right? I failed anatomy and physiology in college, by the way.

My favorite character in this series has just died. And I'm not mad, sad, but not mad.

This fight has become my favorite of all Baki. I'm not saying is the best nor that it isn't, but it's definitely my favorite.

Plot twist: They're going to clone him. 

Good bye leaf warrior...

It is Sasaki Koujirou, not Nanigashi, whom Tokugawa was referring to.

Isn't it Shishido Baiken/Nanigashi the kusari-gama master? Retsu's whip and shuriken combo would have more closely resembled Baiken's weapon rather than Kojirou's sword.

It is Sasaki Koujirou, not Nanigashi, whom Tokugawa was referring to.

Wow they actually did it

my boy retsu :( 

Ehhh... I don't know how well I think he would fare against Ogre. I also think Ogre and Musashi are similar characters -- we just don't see Ogre too often (

Spoiler
)

The manga is at the point where they are fighting :D If you want to look at the raws I would wait at least a month from now

Ehhh... I don't know how well I think he would fare against Ogre. I also think Ogre and Musashi are similar characters -- we just don't see Ogre too often (

Spoiler
)

Complete w/ the bad psuedo-science.

I'm pretty sure the author himself made fun of that part with the whole sister deus-ex-machina introduced just so the "spirit" can be brought back. 

I've been following the manga's translation through the years as well and I have to say Musashi was the kind of character I didn't know was missing and was needed.His mind-set is obviously not like the rest and all these guys that we have seen fight and survive through the years , they will only live on if Musashi decides they are not worth cutting :D He's the plot device to end this story.

if not because the credit page i would still forget to breathe...

A TRUE WARRIOR, FIGHTOOOOO

More Yamato Damashii... excessive use of such to the point of banality. The comparison to Prince of Tennis IS rather apt >_<. Complete w/ the bad psuedo-science.

It is rather entertaining in its own way, and since I've been reading it since the first volume, I'll morbidly continue to do so til the bitter end. 

I think that this goes beyond just excessive use of Yamato Damashii, they are just a bunch of deranged individuals for whom fighting is an obsession and everything else is just an afterthought; the words of utter disappointment that the girlfriend of Baki once said describe most of the characters quite well they are a just bunch of fighting freaks but then again from her point of view she must have a pretty poor opinion of anyone that lives like they live due her family circumstances but her description is still somewhat accurate as most of them are dead weight to the society and that "indomitable will" that lives within the heart of every member of the "harmonious society" is just used for an infertile and aimless activity. Baki, the world's most powerful kid and heir of a big fortune, is for the society just a below mediocre student who lives like some kind of pariah, those guys live in a world in which that phrase probably didn't even apply even if some of them represent traditional arts.

More Yamato Damashii... excessive use of such to the point of banality. The comparison to Prince of Tennis IS rather apt >_<. Complete w/ the bad psuedo-science.

It is rather entertaining in its own way, and since I've been reading it since the first volume, I'll morbidly continue to do so til the bitter end.

I love how that old man's ego is still brimming with health after what happened in New Grappler Baki, it is inconceivable how someone can be so full of himself after resorting to trickery in his fight with Yuujiro to get a bullshit "draw"; I guess that I prefer characters like Shibukawa, insanely strong despite his frail appearance and insanely fun due his eccentricity.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics