Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.08 - 64votes)

Otome Sensou

Alt Names: alt 乙女戦争 ディーヴチー・ヴァールカalt 乙女戰爭alt Dívčí válkaalt Maidens War - Divichi Valkaalt Otome Sensou – Divichi Valka
Author: Ohnishi Kouichi
Artist: Ohnishi Kouichi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalHorror HorrorSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The year is 1420. A small village in the Kingdom of Bohemia is wiped out by marauding Crusader knights. A young peasant girl named Sarka is the sole survivor of the massacre. She meets up with Jan Zizka, leader of the Hussite army, and chooses to take up arms...
Go to Otome Sensou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Scanlator's Notes New Window straweve
  • 17 Replies

100 Comments

If that's the case, then holy fuck talk about spoilers on covers...

Also, man the Polish king looks like a freaking badass old guy. Though I think our Kingdom wasn't as powerful as the Germans at the time, it was certainly huge territory-wise.

The HRR was by no means united. While Poland and Lithuania were well organized war machines.

>cover

Is that her child?

If that's the case, then holy fuck talk about spoilers on covers...

Also, man the Polish king looks like a freaking badass old guy. Though I think our Kingdom wasn't as powerful as the Germans at the time, it was certainly huge territory-wise.

>cover

Is that her child?

Ecchi tag is when it's lewd/pervy stuff for the heck of it or for reader's enjoyment.

So the bath house scene for instance was not for the reader’s enjoyment?

No, there's not an ecchi tag. This is a manga about war and you know what happens to women and children in war? They get raped and tortured. Even little girls. If you're turned on by that then you need to get help. The material may be gruesome but it's not necessarily historically inaccurate as far as what happened generally when knights pillaged villages. The mangaka seems to have included horrible scenes like that as motivation for the women in the story to take their revenge (and accuracy?). I personally find it unnecessary to depict these things so much in the manga, but I guess that's what they went for (for some reason).

I just just asking if, by any chance,this is a some kind of Ikkitousen-esque manga.

Also,you say that women and children are raped in war?

Only women and children?

You forgot:Men too.

I mean,if you insist to show the card to stick to "history" of wars.

No, there's not an ecchi tag. This is a manga about war and you know what happens to women and children in war? They get raped and tortured. Even little girls. If you're turned on by that then you need to get help.

>this is a completely ordinary occurrence that has happened throughout human history
>b-but it's unnatural!

I'm pretty sure those armies weren't begrudgingly raping women.

I feel that as long isn't done for enticing purposes is ok. Besides, the whole story has a very serious and somber tone so it pass, so to say.

Also, this manga makes me wanna sit down and read about the conflicts between catholics and husserites (I dont know how to type that in English) in Czech Rep. I mean, in my country we usually only go over these religious conflicts on England and France (and I personally went on into Germany because Luther and shit).

Hah, same. I actually went and read the wiki page on the Hussite wars after I finished the first chunk of this manga. I only learned like general stuff because most of my European history came from IB and we focused more on later developments, not so much on medieval aside from just like dates and all. 

Wait,I see girls with their clothes torn apart on the cover.It's this the regular "girls naked just because" kind of thing that I like,or there is actually a story that distract from the fanservice.

There isn't a ecchi tag...

Ecchi tag is when it's lewd/pervy stuff for the heck of it or for reader's enjoyment.

Not when it shows grim and cruel reality of medieval times.

Moral of the story is:
Religions are evil, could be used to mass control and reason for massace.

The funny part is: it is still true even now in Real Life

No, there's not an ecchi tag. This is a manga about war and you know what happens to women and children in war? They get raped and tortured. Even little girls. If you're turned on by that then you need to get help. The material may be gruesome but it's not necessarily historically inaccurate as far as what happened generally when knights pillaged villages. The mangaka seems to have included horrible scenes like that as motivation for the women in the story to take their revenge (and accuracy?). I personally find it unnecessary to depict these things so much in the manga, but I guess that's what they went for (for some reason).

I feel that as long isn't done for enticing purposes is ok. Besides, the whole story has a very serious and somber tone so it pass, so to say.

Also, this manga makes me wanna sit down and read about the conflicts between catholics and husserites (I dont know how to type that in English) in Czech Rep. I mean, in my country we usually only go over these religious conflicts on England and France (and I personally went on into Germany because Luther and shit).

Wait,I see girls with their clothes torn apart on the cover.It's this the regular "girls naked just because" kind of thing that I like,or there is actually a story that distract from the fanservice.

Because he was a bumbling overambitious reactionary with no vision.

All leaders are thoughtful and quite deep in their planning, that doesn't mean they aren't bumbling overambitious reactionary with no vision.

As for the manga itself... meh. It feels like the author is trying to find the European version of the Sengoku period.

90% of historical leaders were nowhere near being able to think straight or make plans. That's why we mostly hear of them getting killed rather than doing anything great. The sengoku era you mentioned actually give a great example of this in figures like Imagawa Yoshimoto and most of the latter Ashikaga shoguns. This is why most political leaders needed competent advisors. 

As for Sigismund, a more objective look at his actions during his lifetime and his thoughts as preserved from letters he wrote to contemporaries (especially his exhortations to the Cardinals to please end the Papal Schism or I will so help me God) would show that he was closer in character to what we see in this manga than the caricature we see in histories written by the descendants of his own people. This is not strange because Sigismund was the last emperor truly able to hold the multi-ethnic HRE together, and the modern nations broken off from his empire obviously have a reason to dislike their subjugation under his Germanic reign. This is true especially of both the Czech and Hungarians, but sadly also of the Austrians because the Habsburgs who reigned after him had a vested interest in denying him any glory after their disastrous handling of both the Hungarian collapse (Maximilian kinda botched the whole "defend Hungary from the Turks" thing) and the Lutheran Reformation (Charles being all honorable with giving Luther safe passage turned out not to be a great idea after all). For all his failings, Sigismund not only forced the Roman Catholic Church to end their stupid Papal Schism but also managed a successful accommodation for the Hussites that contained their movement to within the Czech commonwealth. Italians and even the French have a kinder view of Sigismund for his general contributions to European common history. European Catholics today also remember him more fondly than Protestants who have more empathy for the Hussites (Luther himself once answered yes when asked whether he was a Hussite).

Spoiler

Story gets even more fucked up after this

Spoiler

Figures. That's holy war for you.

Lmao

Story gets even more fucked up after this

Spoiler

Does anyone else feel like the art style is a detriment to the story? 

So, the irony of this manga is that, although Sigismund is the main antagonist, he's being treated more fairly here than we see in the formal histories and fiction of Bohemia, Hungary, and Austria. They tend to depict him as a bumbling overambitious reactionary with no vision. Here he's overambitious but thoughtful and quite deep in his planning.

Because he was a bumbling overambitious reactionary with no vision.

All leaders are thoughtful and quite deep in their planning, that doesn't mean they aren't bumbling overambitious reactionary with no vision.

As for the manga itself... meh. It feels like the author is trying to find the European version of the Sengoku period.

Fine work, I look forward to Zizka and his harem fight the hordes of Europe.  Make sure that translating doesn't get in the way of your studies and work though.

So, the irony of this manga is that, although Sigismund is the main antagonist, he's being treated more fairly here than we see in the formal histories and fiction of Bohemia, Hungary, and Austria. They tend to depict him as a bumbling overambitious reactionary with no vision. Here he's overambitious but thoughtful and quite deep in his planning.

Not even overambitious so far.

It's not like he's planning to take Constantinople or Jerusalem. Just a mayor push against the Ottomans.

Any idea when the next chapter will come out.

Thanks for another fine chapter, also found clips of a movie for this series on youtube.  The more you know I guess.

I can't help but think that today's relitards are endorsing these acts of the past by continuing to practice the religions involved and their branches.

What is it about organised religion that makes people stupid?

Fanatism.

Religion is all about belief, belief in that which is unproven and unseen(whether god is real or not is not in question here). When your belief rises to the point of madness, you lose sight of rationality, acting purely on belief and your own warped sense of righteousness.

Even if that belief goes against your own religion's dogma.

That's because you begin to think of yourself as a special human, one who is so devoted to religion that god will forgive your every sin. And it's because he "will" forgive, that you start thinking that there's nothing you can't do in this world, since your every action is righteous, because god allows it, as he is on your side.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics