Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 512votes)

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Alt Names: alt Chivalry of a Failed Knightalt 落第騎士の英雄譚alt La Caballerosidad de un Fracasado Caballeroalt Rakudai Kishi no Cavalryalt The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knightalt Доблесть рыцаря-неудачника
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Soramichi Megumu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a time and place where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series written by Misora Riku and illustrated by Won.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109987
Go to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Link New Window Aizawa
  • 1 Replies
Topic This reminds you of something? New Window mrponeis
  • 3 Replies

1204 Comments

I see some interesting directions this one is taking.

-somewhat equal treatment of the two protagonist... "The story centers around Stella and Ikki’s cohabitation." is something that I might like to see but the harem tag is very disappointing to see.

-their "problems" are also told early into the story, to get it out of the way.

-The male MC is not an aloof "badass" or does he seem chaste. Just sufficiently serious. Copycat abilities are also nice. They're usually for side characters/villains.

-the designs aren't very interesting, some poses are good, I guess

This probably won't be that great but I'm on for now.

the harem tag is not bad after all there is a tag of romance so it might have a jealousy and that will bring to the good story and you never know what is the thinking of the author :3

shitty, unoriginal manga. followed.
Man, this manga is a lot like... who cares. This will always always always happen when new mangas, anmie, LNs come out. it happens in TV all the time. want to read something thats different? go pick a new genre. otherwise just pick one manga from the list this is like and ignore every else in the same genre.

an Art that can increase up to ten times strength?

Spoiler

I see some interesting directions this one is taking.

-somewhat equal treatment of the two protagonist... "The story centers around Stella and Ikki’s cohabitation." is something that I might like to see but the harem tag is very disappointing to see.

-their "problems" are also told early into the story, to get it out of the way.

-The male MC is not an aloof "badass" or does he seem chaste. Just sufficiently serious. Copycat abilities are also nice. They're usually for side characters/villains.

-the designs aren't very interesting, some poses are good, I guess

This probably won't be that great but I'm on for now.

Wow, those poisonous jabs coming from the synopsis. Do I have to feel guilty reading this now?

Notice also how the school building is a rip-off of school buildings and how the sword is a rip-off of the katana.

And ripping off the blue skies of the real world by drawing blue skies and clouds, that's just low.

Even the god damn speech clouds are rip-offs, i swear, artists these days have no originality.

And why do the characters speak? That's a rip-off of all the characters that were ever made, that's just stupid and lazy.

You. I like you.

I wish we had a log on how frequently the description is changing, its actually pretty amusing to see updated every other time I refresh.

Dat synopsis though.

Now now, we all know how cliched it will be by reading the description so why argued about originality here. At least the MC is quite good here (I like his reaction after seeing her naked and quite a talker too :D )

Seeing his magic is quite low, I hope he maintain his battle style using technique and wits rather than getting magic boost later. 

just like the other ecchi and harem manga, hope for better plot next chapter

Why do we come back again and again and read stuff loaded with cliches like this?  Because we like those cliches.  XD

Somehow the duel remind me of:

Spoiler

All the elements of the story have been alteady touched in other works.

Absolute Duo ( souls into weapons, working in pairs and dueling between students )
Anti-Magic Academy ( MC is considered the weakest of the weak, but can compensate by removing it's physical limits for a limited time )
Seire Tsukai no Blade Dance ( female tsundere with fire powers, in their first meeting wants to make the MC her slave for looking at her naked )
Gakuen Toshi no Asterisk ( female tsundere with fire powers, in their first meeting wants to duel the MC for looking at her half-naked )

As far as i can see, it doesn't even have a single original trait. It might improve later, but even the artwork is average.

And those are all original? Haha you amuse me.
Might as well play the LN staple bingo.

Well, atleast the author managed to get all those in a single chapter! That's something!

I know, right? It's like, or is, THE most overused element, after all.

Especially when you know that it's Wind that's actually the most powerful element. Water put out fire, earth absorbs water, wind moves earth. With wind you turn invisible, youmake yourself silent by cutting off sound, your destructive attack are diffictult to defend against because, unlike fire, you can blow away defenses.

Notice also how the school building is a rip-off of school buildings and how the sword is a rip-off of the katana.
And ripping off the blue skies of the real world by drawing blue skies and clouds, that's just low.
Even the god damn speech clouds are rip-offs, i swear, artists these days have no originality.
And why do the characters speak? That's a rip-off of all the characters that were ever made, that's just stupid and lazy.

I know you are being sarcastic, but come on, at least admit the similarities. I don't think it's a ripoff, but I do think that it is using an overused setting:

Let's play a (tiresome) game, and see just how many mangas have similar premises!

There's some limits.

As far as i can see, it doesn't even have a single original trait. It might improve later, but even the artwork is average.

EVERYTHING has been done before. Fiction has existed for thousands of years. It's no longer a matter of doing it first, it's a matter of doing it better. Not saying this WILL, mind you, but just that ruling something out for having been done before is rather shortsighted.

Cool manga

All the elements of the story have been alteady touched in other works.

Absolute Duo ( souls into weapons, working in pairs and dueling between students )

Anti-Magic Academy ( MC is considered the weakest of the weak, but can compensate by removing it's physical limits for a limited time )

Seire Tsukai no Blade Dance ( female tsundere with fire powers, in their first meeting wants to make the MC her slave for looking at her naked )

Gakuen Toshi no Asterisk ( female tsundere with fire powers, in their first meeting wants to duel the MC for looking at her half-naked )

then that manga is a rip out of the older manga with same concept?

no =]
because that kind of thing was used even before index, it's as overused as a harem setting.

super troped still gonna follow to see where it goes but still atm leaves me feeling more nostalgic than excited

So that means, if i can grasp this technique of limitlessness, I CAN BE A SUPER SAIYAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA0ZHEwU2Q

|

|

dis reference

why is it always fire?

I know, right? It's like, or is, THE most overused element, after all.

Also, the disproportionate breasts on the MH... I won't go into detail how annoying it is.

Either the cover is deceptive, or they suddenly switched artists and she grew 2 cup sizes.

I'll admit, it doesn't always bother me, except some stand out more than others. For example, I'm totally OK with Meiko's from Prison School.

a strong (weak) male lead is always nice IMO :)

it took me at least 4 seconds to read that princess's last full skill name, did she said it first then swing it, or swing it during the naming?

either case if it was me, in that 4 seconds i could go behind her back in normal human speed, stab her back and grab her butt at the same time.

given the super speed ability like the MC, i could go beside her, grab her boob, guess the size, put my hand inside the bra to confirm the size, then grab her butt...

seriously, what kind of naming sense is that?

I refer you to the trope "Talking is a free action" http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TalkingIsAFreeAction

MC is NOT the weak/protected by the girls type.  I don't consider MC as 'badass' but he is strong (Chapter 1)

Just wanted to say that in case people might avoid it prematurely from the description

He's smart (I think this make him badass too) but he isn't strong. That ability to remove limiter is basically a double edge ability, if he fail to beat his enemy during that 1 minute he lose.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics