Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 512votes)

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Alt Names: alt Chivalry of a Failed Knightalt 落第騎士の英雄譚alt La Caballerosidad de un Fracasado Caballeroalt Rakudai Kishi no Cavalryalt The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knightalt Доблесть рыцаря-неудачника
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Soramichi Megumu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a time and place where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series written by Misora Riku and illustrated by Won.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109987
Go to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Link New Window Aizawa
  • 1 Replies
Topic This reminds you of something? New Window mrponeis
  • 3 Replies

1204 Comments

more spoilers please ... =3= ...

Spoiler

BTW, props to anyone who knows what I'm rambling on about.
So Japan one WW II, huh. I always hate forgeting historical events like these. You know,like how that stray planet split the moon in half in 1994 leading our world back to the ways of sword and sorcery. Man, those were the days.

Am I the only one that feels like the mangeka took Absolute Duo,Kenshin no Keishousha, and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and put them in a blender then poured it out on paper and wrote his name on it? I know a lot of stories are simular when they are from the same genere and targeting a particular crowd, but this too much too soon.

Everything is influenced by something else even if only indirectly.

And are you seriously going to judge it based on two chapters?

Am I the only one that feels like the mangeka took Absolute Duo,Kenshin no Keishousha, and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and put them in a blender then poured it out on paper and wrote his name on it? I know a lot of stories are simular when they are from the same genere and targeting a particular crowd, but this too much too soon.

Here's a secret it's not a harem. Mind-blowing right? 

Very confusing phrase from the director:

Spoiler

Never before have I been so glad to be wrong thanks

What if I told you...

Spoiler

more spoilers please ... =3= ...

Okay so this was wasnt as shit as i thought it was going to be... this is actually a pretty fun read so far

What if I told you...

Spoiler

Hai, put your spoilers in moderation, lol.

NTR in anime circles is traditionally "Cheating on your SO. Be it while married, or while dating."

Lately at least in Western fandom, it's been usurped to mean "I don't like this character pairing, or even the insinuation that they get along well." Even when said characters were never dating.

Has a respectable MC and a likable heroine.

Not even in the slightest sense of the word.

Spoiler

What if I told you...

Spoiler

Script could use a bit better editing, but good effort on the typesetting guys.

2 cents here:

1 cent -

Spoiler

2 cent-

Spoiler

Though there was something that caught my eye in one of the pages.  One of the pages has a close up of the girl,

the style just about rang (stlye from AMG)..  Maybe

i'm just looking into this too much.

Well after 2 chapters I'm not feeling this manga. Still too early,I know, but some plot elements seemed so forced or rushed. The art style is decent(it had its misses in certain scenes). Well maybe the LN is great, I dunno.I'll be expecting more from this manga. The potential is there.

Shame it is in the exact place the manga is in right now.

Hm. Despite having a typical light novel premise (I can immediately  name several that are very similar to this) I kind of like the execution better than all of the others I can compare it to. Even with a typical high-class tsundere heroine, we're already seeing positive character development without having to drudge through chapters of repetition, which surprises me a bit. Would be nice if this one continues to surprise me.

Spoiler

Being serious now the MC is alpha as heck.

Hm well my expectations were exceeded. At first glance this manga seems like another boring cliche. It has all the usual elements (Tsundere red head, school battle, etc).
Well:

Spoiler

However, this manga has good excecution of cliched elements. In particular the tsundere red-head of this manga gets huge points.
Spoiler

Another point in favor of this manga/LN is that I heard it focus on the quality of relationships over quantity. Most cliched shounen manga go with a half-assed harem approach to attract the widest audience. This leads a lot of tradeoffs.

Spoiler

TL DR; Cliched story but has good excecution. Interesting characters, no expected harem bullshit.

You know, the author is trying so hard to put those two together, i actually want them to stay as friends till the end...

This is what all these years of beta MCs has done to readers.

Unacceptable!

This girl hasn't even swung the bat and she's already trying to get to home base...

They don't have it sadly

they do have it, its in their teaser section and is being actively translated. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics