Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 512votes)

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Alt Names: alt Chivalry of a Failed Knightalt 落第騎士の英雄譚alt La Caballerosidad de un Fracasado Caballeroalt Rakudai Kishi no Cavalryalt The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knightalt Доблесть рыцаря-неудачника
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Soramichi Megumu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a time and place where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series written by Misora Riku and illustrated by Won.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109987
Go to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Link New Window Aizawa
  • 1 Replies
Topic This reminds you of something? New Window mrponeis
  • 3 Replies

1204 Comments

where the hell do you guys read the novel!?

btw lol dat imouto but i bet she is not his real sister

Great, more of these... Pro tip: comments like that demotivate scanlators.

Then don't read it.

Rather than demotivate, this would've been a feedback for translators. I don't see any whining or rage at the mistakes. Instead, it points out the mistakes so translators can correct them or learn from them. If they can improve more, then give them the incentive to do so. I'm also grateful for the translation, but just because they do it for free doesn't mean no one can criticize anything. In fact, criticism is important for growth and improvement.

Oh, and I'm loving the series so far. But I'd prefer if sisters are taken out of the harem equation. No game no life is one example on that.

Well, for those who wanna put harem tag,

Spoiler

Sensei vomits a liter of blood every day? Sounds legit...

Spoiler

and right when i was eating =|

I'm digging the imouto route. 

Sensei vomits a liter of blood every day? Sounds legit...

Spoiler

Incest in the third chapter? Damn you japan! http://lifeconfusions.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/3pajas.jpg
    • gt8 likes this

Hey this is getting pretty good. As I said before, the premise and plot is litterally the same as an insane number of other manga/LN, but it's the excecution that matters. The main points in favor of this manga are the competent MC and his relationship with the main heroine. I absolutely despise dense heros surronded by dense heroines who fall in love with him but NEVER make any progress for 12+ volumes (I'm looking at you Ichika!).

It's a real shame the LN translation is only a teaser. It goes up to about where the manga is now. Anyway here's hoping for more! A big thank you to the translaters

I agree, competent MC's make the reading easier. If they're too dense it gets tedious real fast.

I also like that Stella is competent too. That's a huge plus, more progress has been made in three chapters than in similar manga's that take 5 volumes.

Also, where's the harem tag? I read the description and knew there was no way there couldn't be one. Now I've read it and I was right. The MC's got a super competent girl and a sis-con under his belt already, with more to come I'm sure.

>Hits page 7

>He talks about his little sister enrolling

She's gonna be a total bro-con, I bet. >_>

>Little sister appears

>whatasurprise.jpg

Obviously. What would be the point of having a male protag otherwise? o.O

And meh, loli. I'm going with all those kyonyuu heroines. o/

so many errors in the english language.

i mean really "put the handbook" should be "pull the handbook"

and there are many more like "i couldn't have expected the less onii-sama" should be " i couldn't have expected any less of onii-sama"

Great, more of these...
Pro tip: comments like that demotivate scanlators.

Lol, proofreading is a must

Then don't read it.

manga seems to have a harem subplot with the focus on the main heroine

Well there goes any chance of getting along with the rest of the class :P

This manga is totally cliche. Its filled with harem chara and fan services. 
Yet, for some reason, i like it a lot.

I smell harem development coming. Gotta do something about the tags.

That sister though 

I had gone completely in the other direction. I thought their family would have poisoned her against him so she hated him. It was probably because I thought it would be a nice change of pace but I was so wrong.

Well, he did say she used to be the only one to treat him normally.

Still, I didn't expect that. :)

Sooooo... how about we add that "Harem" tag?

please don't whine that has never work out for the people reading.

Lol, proofreading is a must

Hey this is getting pretty good. As I said before, the premise and plot is litterally the same as an insane number of other manga/LN, but it's the excecution that matters. The main points in favor of this manga are the competent MC and his relationship with the main heroine. I absolutely despise dense heros surronded by dense heroines who fall in love with him but NEVER make any progress for 12+ volumes (I'm looking at you Ichika!).

It's a real shame the LN translation is only a teaser. It goes up to about where the manga is now. Anyway here's hoping for more! A big thank you to the translaters

and there are many more like "i couldn't have expected the less onii-sama" should be " i couldn't have expected any less of onii-sama"

please don't whine that has never work out for the people reading.

Okay, sorry about that... lol

somebody is jelly

The one making the most noise was hiding in the back with a gun. Funny.

>Hits page 7

>He talks about his little sister enrolling

She's gonna be a total bro-con, I bet. >_>

>Little sister appears

>whatasurprise.jpg

I had gone completely in the other direction. I thought their family would have poisoned her against him so she hated him. It was probably because I thought it would be a nice change of pace but I was so wrong.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics