Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.36 - 140votes)

Illegal Rare

Alt Names: alt イリーガル・レアalt Rea Ihō
Author: Shiibashi Hiroshi
Artist: Shiibashi Hiroshi
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: From the author of "Nurarihyon no Mago", comes a whole new supernatural series.

Supernatural creatures live alongside humans, but these "rares" are being hunted to extinction over time. An organization is being formed to protect these rares, and allow them to live their lives as they like. The starting members of this organization are few; there's the masked Fukumen, the Black Vampyr AxL, and they are soon joined by the sweet-voiced mermaid Mirror. Together, they will protect the rares from the deadly hunters!
Go to Illegal Rare Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

163 Comments

Yep. The formula here seems too overtly trendy. "A Vampire & Werewof in 1st three chapters, yessss how can we lose?" You...can lose massively, Mr. Author (& editors' peanut gallery).

I'd challenge readers of I.R. to go read Stealth Symphony - also a shounen on its 3rd chapter - and tell me that's a less interesting story. It's way more interesting. It's funny too. Shounen should always start off with some laughs. Given the choice of the two...I'll take SS.

What you seemingly fail to understand is that the Vampire Vs. Werewolf thing has absolutely nothing to do with the plot: the rare species of these two chapters was a werewolf and the author decided to reference the fact that Vampire Vs. Werewolves stories are popular (even in NuraMago, he tended to reference everything related to a certain myth). The plot is about human hunters hunting down beings from western mythology and a legal organization trying to put an end to it, not about Vampires and Werewolves fighting one another. Werewolf part is NOT the selling point here.

And seriously, I am getting a feeling that Stealth Symphony fans have some serious issues. You are not the first SS fan who, for whichever reason, considers IR to be his arch-nemesis.

As for Shounen having to start with laughs: no, it doesn't have to. With that said, IR has a lot of humor even in ch1 so that argument really doesn't make sense.

I'd challenge readers of I.R. to go read Stealth Symphony - also a shounen on its 3rd chapter - and tell me that's a less interesting story. It's way more interesting. It's funny too. Shounen should always start off with some laughs. Given the choice of the two...I'll take SS.

It depends whether you are talking about the setting or the first three chapters. If you are talking about the chapters, SS begins with a faster rhythm, and crams more informations in them. So yeah, in a way, it is more interesting.
If you are talking about the setting... Well, I largely prefer IR. The issues it can deal with, the directions the story can go to are in my opinion wider than those available for SS.

So yeah, be it the setting, the characters, the art, IR suits my tastes much more than SS. And for a weekly manga, 3 chapters amount almost for nothing.
Contrarily to many, I don't find the story or the context too cliché, and I like a shounen which isn't about laughs and a bit more serious.

In the end, it will be about how the author deals with the story. Things will be clearer in two months I guess.

I can't see myself following this manga except to see the comments for now. I stopped at the double page where they said something along the line of "nothing is rarer/more dangerous than MC-san" where my thoughts pretty much turned to:

Spoiler

But then again, knowing the industry of manga, just about anything, and I mean anything can go the length if it has enough popularity. This has the author of Nurarihyon behind it, so this will probably last quite awhile.

Yep. The formula here seems too overtly trendy. "A Vampire & Werewof in 1st three chapters, yessss how can we lose?" You...can lose massively, Mr. Author (& editors' peanut gallery).

Shounen Jump released IR's wallpaper (the clean color spreads for IR ch 1):

Spoiler

Yeah, and Bakuman is the holy bible for manga popularity right? The series haven't even got ranked for the 1st chapter yet, so why don't we save all the "oh, it's gonna be axed soon" when it comes out. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it can't get popular.

I can't see myself following this manga except to see the comments for now. I stopped at the double page where they said something along the line of "nothing is rarer/more dangerous than MC-san" where my thoughts pretty much turned to:

Spoiler

But then again, knowing the industry of manga, just about anything, and I mean anything can go the length if it has enough popularity. This has the author of Nurarihyon behind it, so this will probably last quite awhile.

from reading Bakuman i predict this will get axe very quickly if thing continue this way

Yeah, and Bakuman is the holy bible for manga popularity right? The series haven't even got ranked for the 1st chapter yet, so why don't we save all the "oh, it's gonna be axed soon" when it comes out. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it can't get popular.

from reading Bakuman i predict this will get axe very quickly if thing continue this way

This has all major cliche elements everywhere. But somehow, I like this. Maybe I'm just tired from reading newer ones packed with quality and out of the box premise, that a classic 'cool' like this feels nostalgic. I really hope this won't get axed.

Oh my, the mangaka was the one who did Nurahariyon? Cool, I'm definitely following this!

wait, wat...this is the same person? INSTA-FOLLOWED.

The MC acts so different from what I was previously expecting...I like him. *v*

Lol! Are you saying that the word Mirror is not English!?

I think he meant Ingrish.

Am I the only one hoping the werewolf will become a bigger character?

ITS WAR TIME BABY!

Unknow said EngRish. Thats... a special kind of English constantly present in Japanese media ;P (and Illegal Rare has a lot of it, to the point I think Hiroshi himself makes fut of EngRish Language XD )

it's Mirror. but spelled as Mira in Engrish.

I don't know if you guys noticed but the MC was a giant when he was first shown. What does it mean?

if you are talking about chapter 1 page 6 he isn't a giant he is standing on a statue so the people/buildings are far away/below him adding the illusion that he is bigger then everything else.

hope that helps

Spoiler

Well...you heard him.

This is so Boss! Follow'd!!!

Классная  манга , кто  понимает   по  русскому ?

Медведь, калашников, балалайка, водка.
SOUES4M.jpg

Классная  манга , кто  понимает   по  русскому ?

This is too mainstream. We'll see how it goes.

I don't know if you guys noticed but the MC was a giant when he was first shown. What does it mean?

i got to say i am disappointed

The setting where supernaturals get hunted is not really interesting and not really plausible i mean they do have super power

The main character is not interesting and has a bland personality typical of "cool" char that the author is trying way too hard to depict, also the quirk of getting lost has been done to death and not funny either and lol at the "Dark pass" foreshadow

the minor character the mermaid sister has the personality of a one off disposable character , hopefully she is not a heroine

It may be harsh but first chapter is really bad but hopefully it gets better over time

That rare species have superpowers means that the Hunters have something as well. We have seen normal humans mistreating Rares, but those seem to be just the buyers and handlers, not the big bads.

The setting where supernaturals get hunted is not really interesting and not really plausible i mean they do have super power

The main character is not interesting and has a bland personality typical of "cool" char that the author is trying way too hard to depict, also the quirk of getting lost has been done to death and not funny either and lol at the "Dark pass" foreshadow

the minor character the mermaid sister has the personality of a one off disposable character , hopefully she is not a heroine

It may be harsh but first chapter is really bad but hopefully it gets better over time

Its still only the first chapter but I actually enjoyed it we'll see where the series goes.

Oh my, the mangaka was the one who did Nurahariyon? Cool, I'm definitely following this!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics