Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 505votes)

All You Need Is Kill

Alt Names: alt オール ユー ニード イズ キルalt 杀戮轮回alt 明日边缘alt Все, что тебе нужно — убивать
Author: Sakurazaka Hiroshi & Takeuchi Ryousuke
Artist: Obata Takeshi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaSci-fi Sci-fi[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Since the alien Gitai invaded the Earth, the humankind has been retreating. Now that Japan is almost surrounded by the Gitai, Keiji Kiriya is just one of many new recruits forced into a suit of battle armor and sent out to kill aliens. On a joint mission with the US special force led by Rita, known as the Bitch of the War, Keiji dies on the battlefield, only to find himself reborn.

After 4 times of "death," Kiriya realizes that he has to win the battle to get out of the loop...

Raws
http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/all_you_need_is_kill/

Note: Edge of Tomorrow, a 2014 movie starring Tom Cruise, is an adaptation of the novel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI
Go to All You Need Is Kill Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic edge of tomorrow? New Window generalee
  • 53 Replies
Topic Major plot hole New Window Evange
  • 7 Replies
Topic Should this have been a longer seinen series? New Window keoss
  • 5 Replies
Topic If you is a looper New Window pijoed
  • 1 Replies
Topic How long do you think this manga will last? New Window jonjon100
  • 23 Replies
Topic [Spoiler alert] Would you think the manga adaptation will follow the original novel completely? New Window keoss
  • 0 Replies

813 Comments

So final analysis - how different is this from the book?

Just for fun I'd like to point out a little extra at the ending that I don't think was ever touched upon in the manga.

Keiji was always mispronounced by the American soldiers that came with Rita as Cage. So that's why at the end his jacket has the name Killer Cage. It really not a random name once you know that.

Wait...

what?

Spoiler

Spoiler

*add another book it suppose to read before it depart from the material world*

Kisu keeps doing this stupid thing like this -> Kisu keeps doing such stupid things

It's the first time that I was getting angry -> It's the first time I've gotten angry

Hmm... 

online scanslation stuffs -> online scanslation stuff (fyi 'stuff' is uncountable)

thought that it's better -> thought that it'd be better

to work with us for this series -> to work with us on this series

I assume you meant "This manga had no sacrifice", right? and it did, Rita sacrificed, making the MC kill her so he could go on.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure he meant what he wrote, meaning he is glad there was no self sacrifice bullshit by the MC, going all suicidal for a girl he met 'the day before' is afterall, nonsense.

Wait...

what?

Spoiler

Rita just said that, she was the one who had to die. She just wanted to test his resolve and skill, it was always his loop as he was the one who killed the server the first time and she wouldn't have been able to continue for long anyway as she experienced loops multiple times already and it had after effects.

Spoiler

Wait...

what?

Spoiler

[Grammar Nazism by the Master Race]

Page 21, "You... will not here to see it."

Every single time someone tries to take a word away like this, I take a few minutes to weigh the chances of him/her trying to bait.

I-i just enjoying it.. and,,, its over now....

the main MC killed the main girl to live frist manga have no sacrifice bullshit like no you live and i die

I assume you meant "This manga had no sacrifice", right? and it did, Rita sacrificed, making the MC kill her so he could go on.

Final chapter by us MTO has been uploaded.

I don't know why Kisu keeps doing this stupid thing like this. But well, this time I'm really angry.

It's the first time that I was getting angry because of online scanslation stuffs. So well, thought that it's better for me to ignore them.

Hope that everyone can see how bad they've been doing. Well... I'm really disappointed. I'm glad that I rejected them to work with us for this series in the past.

they've actually been doing a fair job, save the horrendous credit pages. it's their cut-and-take release schedule you should be angry about.

plus, if you feel their "taking" your project is wrong, why didn't you do chapter 1?

the main MC killed the main girl to live frist manga have no sacrifice bullshit like no you live and i die

Well, he couldn't die for her or else it would loop again.

Kisu keeps doing this stupid thing like this -> Kisu keeps doing such stupid things

It's the first time that I was getting angry -> It's the first time I've gotten angry

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Grammar_Nazi_Icon_Text.svg

Ritaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tears.gif

I don't know why Kisu keeps doing this stupid thing like this. But well, this time I'm really angry.

It's the first time that I was getting angry because of online scanslation stuffs. So well, thought that it's better for me to ignore them.

Hope that everyone can see how bad they've been doing. Well... I'm really disappointed. I'm glad that I rejected them to work with us for this series in the past.

At least it wasn't a pansy sword and instead a machete, that's pretty badass. Would have rathered the axe though.

Actually it was a helicopter rotor blade. Not realistic but even more badass in my opinion.

imo, really sucky ending. tho sure it's not really a romance manga but lol with all the shit she's been thru, you'd expect her to atleast be happy at the end. it's tsukihime, iriya o sora ufo no natsu, fate/stay night, voices of a distant star, saikano and ai-ren ending all over again. now im sad.

In the LN it was stated that people the world over were waking up in the morning with horrific visions of seeing the world ending....In other words, one in several million people randomly picked up on the tachyon signals and witnessed the Mimics winning that iteration.  So it's safe to assume that the range is worldwide, at least.

Which makes no sense since the Mimics "winning" the war would mean the extermination of humanity, and therefore no humans would live to see it.

The LN/story isn't bad but it pulls a lot of bullshit out of its ass. (The ending is a genuinely surprising twist but since the whole story is told is such a vague manner, its like the author pulled it out of his ass.)

FYI, for those curious--

The Tom Cruise movie was pretty good and very entertaining.  Best Tom Cruise movie for a decade.  They filled in some plot holes and changed the story somewhat considerably, but it keeps to the heart of the matter.  But the whole time I was thinking

Spoiler

At least it wasn't a pansy sword and instead a machete, that's pretty badass. Would have rathered the axe though.

FYI, for those curious--

The Tom Cruise movie was pretty good and very entertaining.  Best Tom Cruise movie for a decade.  They filled in some plot holes and changed the story somewhat considerably, but it keeps to the heart of the matter.  But the whole time I was thinking

Spoiler

Is it just me, or shouldn't the effect be limited by proximity?  I mean, in her previous battles, Rita didn't have to eliminate every supporting mimic everywhere on the planet before killing the server.  That she and the MC are interchangeable as backups suggests that it isn't a matter of being keyed to a specific server, or at the very least, that any such entanglement can be reset.  Even given the mimics' apparent ability to home in on irregulars, there would be a minimum window of time between the start of a loop and their assault.

tl;dr, wouldn't attempting to evacuate one of them and seeing if the loop can be broken be a better idea than skipping straight to Thunderdome, given their strategic value?

In the LN it was stated that people the world over were waking up in the morning with horrific visions of seeing the world ending....In other words, one in several million people randomly picked up on the tachyon signals and witnessed the Mimics winning that iteration.  So it's safe to assume that the range is worldwide, at least.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics