Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 505votes)

All You Need Is Kill

Alt Names: alt オール ユー ニード イズ キルalt 杀戮轮回alt 明日边缘alt Все, что тебе нужно — убивать
Author: Sakurazaka Hiroshi & Takeuchi Ryousuke
Artist: Obata Takeshi
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaSci-fi Sci-fi[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Since the alien Gitai invaded the Earth, the humankind has been retreating. Now that Japan is almost surrounded by the Gitai, Keiji Kiriya is just one of many new recruits forced into a suit of battle armor and sent out to kill aliens. On a joint mission with the US special force led by Rita, known as the Bitch of the War, Keiji dies on the battlefield, only to find himself reborn.

After 4 times of "death," Kiriya realizes that he has to win the battle to get out of the loop...

Raws
http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/all_you_need_is_kill/

Note: Edge of Tomorrow, a 2014 movie starring Tom Cruise, is an adaptation of the novel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw61gCe2oqI
Go to All You Need Is Kill Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic edge of tomorrow? New Window generalee
  • 53 Replies
Topic Major plot hole New Window Evange
  • 7 Replies
Topic Should this have been a longer seinen series? New Window keoss
  • 5 Replies
Topic If you is a looper New Window pijoed
  • 1 Replies
Topic How long do you think this manga will last? New Window jonjon100
  • 23 Replies
Topic [Spoiler alert] Would you think the manga adaptation will follow the original novel completely? New Window keoss
  • 0 Replies

813 Comments

Damn... this affected me more than Oyaji and Elfen Lied.

tumblr_inline_mp09edFXOy1qz4rgp.gif

Elfenlied haredned me towards dem feels.

Thanks for finishing AYNIK MTO.

I am confused about the ending.  If both Keiji and Rita have become antennas for the signal then isn't the only way to break the time loop is to kill all of the antennas (bugs, Keiji and Rita since they are antennas) and then kill the server before it realizes that the antennas have been wiped out. Why couldn't the server use Keiji as an antenna when it was being killed by Keiji?  Did I miss a chapter where we are told that Keiji and Rita are half antennas and together they count as a complete antenna.

tumblr_inline_mp09edFXOy1qz4rgp.gif

Ritaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tears.gif

RITAAAAAAAA............

feel sad even now..... 

as for the movie Edge of Tomorrow though, I enjoyed it. If you treat it as a sci-fi movie that drew inspiration from All you need is kill it's pretty well done, but if you were hoping it was going to be a successful adaptation of the LN then you'd definitely be pretty disappointed.

I agree that the movie was good (kinda redeemed Tom Cruise, in a sense), and I also admit that I was expecting a bit more faithfulness to several concepts in the book. What REALLY got me was the design of the Mimics, but whatever. I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

For those who don't watch movie credits: one of the main producing firms was Viz Media--an offshoot of Shueisha, which in turn is part of the parent publishing firm Shogakukan. Shueisha owns the IP of the original story, thus the reason that the credits actually didn't include the author/books.

And after escaping the loop, he dies from drinking poisoned coffee...

The end! :D
Thanks for translating MTO!!

Thanks to Kisu manga and double thanks to MTO, I really enjoyed this.

Personally, I'd take MTO and _knight_'s side as it's better to give something well done to show.(not pretending I did a good work at first haha)

Even I, have put Kakegurui under 3 proofreaders' check(and two out of three work as translators in the group as well) and 1 QC, all that during one whole week with discussion for every single points that needed to, to make things more understandable possible.

Thus I can only agree more or less with _knight_

So kisu kept making an ass out of themselves until the very end

ha that is a pretty bad pun but I'll let it slide because Nicolas Cage.

as for the movie Edge of Tomorrow though, I enjoyed it. If you treat it as a sci-fi movie that drew inspiration from All you need is kill it's pretty well done, but if you were hoping it was going to be a successful adaptation of the LN then you'd definitely be pretty disappointed.

"Drew inspiration" that's a great phrase to use!

I don't really care much about what you were talking etc.

just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. you don't get what i mean at all, but you're still being condescending towards me. for one, the word "fair" has many different meanings, but you're too blinded by your own arrogance to notice.

(and... stressful job? well, you don't care about what i'm talking about, so i really couldn't care less about your job or whatever it is you're doing, either.)

welp, at least you guys had a proofreader who actually knew english, unlike kisu.

I'm just sitting here crying my heart out.

Keiji>>>Cage

The cast for Edge of Tomorrow should be Nicolas Cage not Tom Cruise LOL

NVM...
It's a bad pun

ha that is a pretty bad pun but I'll let it slide because Nicolas Cage.

Keiji>>>Cage

The cast for Edge of Tomorrow should be Nicolas Cage not Tom Cruise LOL

NVM...
It's a bad pun

Did that feel like a rushed ending to anyone else?

This was an absolutely awesome read. I truly enjoyed myself!
Thanks for translating this !

If I knew japanese, I'd congratulate the author aswell, but that's not possible :/

because it's actually VIZmedia's licensed version of the chapter?

and "many times" means nothing to me, anyway. i rarely read comments, and i haven't seen yours around until today.

I don't really care much about what you were talking. But well, I already mentioned about why I had to do this series and why we didn't upload chapter 1. Yes. It's a digital version by Viz and I don't think that we could do a better version.

About Kisu,  you thought that they were doing the fair work by:

- Using Chinese Scans, translated from Chinese even though they're not good at Chinese, wrong meanings, wrong vocabulary and grammar usages? They just wanted to be faster and didn't care about what they were doing?

- Contacted me, told me that they wanted to do it as a joint, then KEPT SPAMMING my inbox, like "muhahahaa, it's cool, it's good". Then they deleted those spamming messages and in their release, they said as if they are victims?

- I already SENT THEM the redrawing test, and told them we only accepted a joint only when they passed the test. No need to help for the translation and cleaning, so redrawing was the only thing they could help. And then, he ignored my message and told people that "I DON'T WANT THEM TO DO IT AS A JOINT"

- Annouced that they dropped AYNIK from chapter 5. And then? Everytime my translator was busy, they skipped tons of chapters and released the latest ones. 

Well, don't let me think that you're just such an annoying kid like them eh. Today was enough for me. I was stressful enough by my job and by what they were doing

Kisu keeps doing this stupid thing like this -> Kisu keeps doing such stupid things

It's the first time that I was getting angry -> It's the first time I've gotten angry

Sharp, easy on the dude. They are just the uploader, not the translator or proofreader, so the quality is still great :D

Spoiler

Both the manga and the novel imply they are of equal importance to the system. I had never really made much sense out of it, as the follow up of that revelation drew me so much in. I got really emotional due the pages after

Spoiler

I don't know if it were because I am already over that saddening part, or because the manga could not convey as much sadness, but it didn't hit me as bad this time.

I told you guys quite many times why I didn't upload it here

because it's actually VIZmedia's licensed version of the chapter?

and "many times" means nothing to me, anyway. i rarely read comments, and i haven't seen yours around until today.

they've actually been doing a fair job, save the horrendous credit pages. it's their cut-and-take release schedule you should be angry about.

plus, if you feel their "taking" your project is wrong, why didn't you do chapter 1?

download it in my IRC, I told you guys quite many times why I didn't upload it here

So final analysis - how different is this from the book?

Spoiler

Red vs Blue anyone?

There were minor things that got skipped, but pretty much follow the LN.

It's very true to the original material. There's some background left out (such as the what and why of Mimics) but I can't recall anything the manga did that wasn't in the books.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics