Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1530votes)

Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Alt Names: alt Ang Asawa ng Magoalt เจ้าสาวผมแดงกับจอมเวทอสูรalt Cô Dâu Pháp Sưalt Die Braut des Magiersalt 魔法使いの嫁alt 魔法使之嫁alt 魔法使的新娘alt Kadim Magus'un Gelinialt La Femme du Magealt La Prometida del Magoalt La sposa dello stregonealt Mahoutsukai no Yomealt Oblubienica czarnoksiężnikaalt The Ancient Magus' Bridealt The Magician's Bridealt Velhon morsianalt Невеста чародеяalt כלת המגוס העתיקalt عروس السّاحر
Author: Yamazaki Kore
Artist: Yamazaki Kore
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatori Chise is only 16, but she has lost far more than most. With neither family nor hope, it seems all doors are closed to her. But a chance encounter begins to turn the rusted wheels of fate. In her darkest hour, a mysterious magus appears before Chise, offering a chance she couldn't turn down. This magus who seems closer to demon than human, will he bring her the light she desperately seeks, or drown her in ever deeper shadows?
Nominated for the 8th Manga Taisho Award.
Go to Mahou Tsukai no Yome Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Up-To-Date Theories! Seeing Things With a New Set of Eyes New Window Lilienne Lethe
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chise's Eye Color New Window koreofpacks
  • 7 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Comadrin
  • 1 Replies
Topic OVAs by Studio Wit New Window 8lacKy
  • 8 Replies
Topic Chapter 27 New Window Yung_Zefling
  • 2 Replies

1286 Comments

This is get anime tv in october (Yeaaaah)

24 episodes! Yahoooo!

This is get anime tv in october (Yeaaaah)

In addition to the OVA's...

Spoiler
Ruth, get behind the yellow line!

New volume cover is great

I may be wrong but didn't the author state it was a tragedy when it started? Yeah... I keep coming back to this to decide if I want to start reading this because I like the premise and the art but it just screams tragedy love story from the very first chapter so I just skim over the comments every once in a while. The feeling is like Natsume yuujinchou but atleast in that story you already can tell its going to be mellow and he's not actually going to be killed pretty early on.

Eh, I don't think so. The fairy queen said that instead of worrying how they'll turn out,

Spoiler

I'm terrified that this is the sort of manga that ends up with a semi-tragic backstory that has main characters die at the end.

I may be wrong but didn't the author state it was a tragedy when it started? Yeah... I keep coming back to this to decide if I want to start reading this because I like the premise and the art but it just screams tragedy love story from the very first chapter so I just skim over the comments every once in a while. The feeling is like Natsume yuujinchou but atleast in that story you already can tell its going to be mellow and he's not actually going to be killed pretty early on.

Can Chise move her new arm, however slightly? or is it stuck in one position permanently? With dragons being strange tree-like beings in this universe, I don't have much hope, but it would really suck if her arm was forever pinned in one position. Makes me wonder, if so, why they didn't shave it down to a more manageable/useful shape.

She can move it, you can see her flex it when she's on the wall. It's just looks horribly mangled. 

Alternative chapter title: "You can't make an omelette without f@cking worrying everyone around you, Chise".

Can Chise move her new arm, however slightly? or is it stuck in one position permanently? With dragons being strange tree-like beings in this universe, I don't have much hope, but it would really suck if her arm was forever pinned in one position. Makes me wonder, if so, why they didn't shave it down to a more manageable/useful shape.

I'm terrified that this is the sort of manga that ends up with a semi-tragic backstory that has main characters die at the end.

Is it just me, or in the first panel doesn't Cartaphilus have two arms, but then in the next panels he's back to missing an arm?

I think Chise is going to pull a Monty Burns on us. So many curses, all in a perfect balance that she'll basically become indestructible... That or the slightest breeze coul-- indestructible!

I'm not sure how appropriate it is but I think Chise was very, well, Handsome in this chapter.  Something about the way she looks now with her new arm, and new confidence... Great stuff! Thanks for the translations!

Best chapter so far. Less weird romanticising of depression and master-slave relationships, more character building psychology. I highly enjoyed it, and it's changed how I think of this manga.

Gawd, every time someone new appears, I'm like, "Enough! You leave that girl alone! Let her work with the time she's got! Stop messing with her!"

I certainly can read 100 chapters of domestic life of Elias and Chise together. Come on, give her a break. D:

i have a feeling that guy is gonna take her arm.

... that's not the aunt, is it?????

Maybe they could, like neutralize the dragon's curse with another one.  When that youngling is stabilized, let her hang with it and then pull in its power again--balance the curse of its fear, panic and anger with the "curse" of its gratitude and love.

Probably nobody cursed by a dragon before ever had reason for the dragon to like them and want to help.

Now, what troubles does Miss Snow bring?

Let us hold onto some optimism.  Maybe she's coming to the rescue.

Reminds me of a certain cursed, growth-deficient brat...

Who're you calling a shrimp?!

Spoiler

That, ladies and gentlemen, is growth in a character. Sigh, I wish I could just ignore this manga whenever it pops up in my notifs and just binge read it once it's done. This is just pure suffering.

Every time a chapter comes around, binge-read everything available...

Not the best solution, but it's something...

This manga is very good on leaving us on interesting cliffhangers.

Now, what troubles does Miss Snow bring?

mhhh, we only need some madman who want to remove the cursed arm from Chise, clone her a new arm and then just attach said cursed arm to himself ...

sound hard, have we some candidates?

Sounds nice, but going with the flow of the story said madman will either just cut the arm off while attempting (but failing) to kidnap Chise, or he'll succeed in spiriting her away and she'll end up experimented on or nearly - if not - dead.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics