Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

I never like these "shinobu hits a rough patch" chapters. She's not the main character, she's the final boss. That's not to say she has to be a perfect existence, but her struggles should be primarily unrelated to karuta. If she doesn't get her ability to listen to the cards back, it'll cheapen Chihaya's eventual win against her.

people fighting over Arata and Taichi from chap 1-176.... now in 177 suddenly Sudou creeping up slowly impressing Chihaya and I can ship it.

ahhhhhhh omg, this latest chapter was so excellent. thanks again tdx for your amazing work!

Color pages! what a great way to welcome the return of this manga...Looks like spring has come 3 days earlier (at least in the northern hemisphere)

An update!!

*after reading*
GOD STILL CLIFF-HANGED!!
Thank you for updating tho! :D

Thanks for the chapter! Be honest though, how annoying was typesetting those tweets at the beginning? :P

Are you guys going to be dropping the series since Kodansha licensed it this week?

http://kodanshacomics.com/series/chihayafuru/

I'm happy and disappointed about this news at the same time. Happy, because I can buy and own* the volumes in English (already have the first two volumes in bilingual). Disappointed, because that will take a long ass time for it to catch up, and I'll likely be an old fart by the time I can read the latest chapter if this ever gets DMCA takedown.

*unless it's ebooks from amazon (that is only out in digital format at the moment excluding the only first two bilingual volumes released in Japan), in which case we don't own anything, but merely purchase the license to read what ebook you "bought". Amazon can (and has done before), delete anyone's account and take away whatever ebooks a person has previously paid for, at the drop of a dime. Dead tree editions are the only things worth my money...unless they get rid of that ludicrous DRM crap and actually give people the right to own what they pay for.

Are you guys going to be dropping the series since Kodansha licensed it this week?

http://kodanshacomics.com/series/chihayafuru/

Anime already covered those chapters. Some scan groups just skip the anime covered chapters since they're usually the same material.

And in the case of Chihayafuru, the adaptation actually did a great job about covering them as well. 

I'm not a fan of Taichi for some reason so I'd rather see her get with Arata (Though sadly I feel like I'm in the minority), but to me it would make the most sense for the story if she ends up with Arata. Yeah, she cares about them both, but Taichi comes off to me as just a best friend to be there for her. Her whole reasoning for playing Kurata was because of Arata. I don't know, Taichi seems like the fan favorite and authors have appeased fandoms before while giving up their artistic integrity sadly. She probably will end up with Taichi while Arata gets screwed over in some half-assed attempt to give him happy ending as well by the author.

What happened to chapters 50-84?  Where they licensed, or just never translated?

Anime already covered those chapters. Some scan groups just skip the anime covered chapters since they're usually the same material.

What happened to chapters 50-84?  Where they licensed, or just never translated?

this chapter makes me heart Taichi...the way he eats and his polite talk...until the bombshell...maybe he's dropping the mic? ^_^

See? She's learned to appreciate Taichi. Clearly, the Arata x Chihaya ship has burned. LOL

the second verse of movie has subs! 

Just gotta get in here and put one on the board for Chihaya x Taichi, despite recent chapters. Team Taichi is still around, even if it's just me. Besides, with him being absent for a few chapters now, it makes me believe there's something major coming up for him.

I'm still on team Taichi. The last few chapters have done nothing to shake my confidence in Chihaya x Taichi.

Rank of love for chihaya, 1. Karuta 2. Shinobu 3. Everything else in the world

... if we actually get the Chihaya x Shinobu ending I would go and online-order new copies of every single volume of Chihayafuru in the original Japanese just to support the author.

4af2658972.png

Sumire and Kana are so pretty.

Chihaya no

Kana with her hair down...hnnnggg

Sumire looks cuter without the pigtails too.

Ohhh Taichi's gonna be in the show too, right? I'm pumped for the next chapter!

Rank of love for chihaya, 1. Karuta 2. Shinobu 3. Everything else in the world

Why? THAT'S the OTP, isn't it? Arata? Taichi? NOPE! They're both doomed to always be 2nd place.

We can always hope for the reverse-harem ending. Chihaya, Arata, Taichi, and karuta, all in one big happy polyamorous relationship :P

Why? THAT'S the OTP, isn't it? Arata? Taichi? NOPE! They're both doomed to always be 2nd place.

As a Taichi fan, I'm just happy Chihaya's still single. It prolongs my hope.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics