Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 173votes)

Chihayafuru

Alt Names: alt ちはやふるalt จิฮายะalt Chihaya Fullalt Chihaya Furualt 花牌情緣alt 치하야후루alt Tutkulu
Author: Suetsugu Yuki
Artist: Suetsugu Yuki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. After becoming friends, he believes that Chihaya has potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya is reunited with her childhood friend, Taichi Mashima. Together, they form the Mizusawa Karuta Club. With her teammates and friends supporting her, Chihaya strives to become the best karuta player in the world and to one day be with Arata again.
Go to Chihayafuru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Cuándo será traducido los seguientes capitulos al español ? New Window StephanieBR
  • 2 Replies
Topic Current Chapter Discussion / Spoilers New Window BowlOfNoodles
  • 3 Replies

555 Comments

omg confessions left and right. everywhere

Chihaya's reply was nice, tbh. I really like her as a character because the most important on her mind is karuta and she will convey this and do anything in her power to achieve it. I think she's my favourite character of the series, even when there are so many others to love.

Also... Nishida is so cool. I am so in love with the senpais from Misuzawa high school. Everyone is so precious.

Spoiler

Just gotta get in here and put one on the board for Chihaya x Taichi, despite recent chapters. Team Taichi is still around, even if it's just me. Besides, with him being absent for a few chapters now, it makes me believe there's something major coming up for him.

I almost wept when Taichi got rejected. I get that Chihaya is not obliged to go out with him, but damn, did Chihaya ever rub it in by gushing over Arata every time she could, and he endured all that for 2 long years. It was as if Taichi was thinking,"Screw all this. Let's just get rejected and move on with life."

can anyone tell me which chapter is after the ending of season 2 anime?

thanks

Just gotta get in here and put one on the board for Chihaya x Taichi, despite recent chapters. Team Taichi is still around, even if it's just me. Besides, with him being absent for a few chapters now, it makes me believe there's something major coming up for him.

I already made a post gushing over Chihaya x Arata, but I can't help it. I just love how he's giving Chihaya the space to process her feelings and make the decision she wants to make at her own pace-he's so patient and tender with her. The response she gave him is a response only he would understand(shinobus mom is all confused by it and what-not) and it's because they're on the same wavelength. No matter how little they see each other, no matter how far apart they were at one point-those two were/are always on the same wavelength. Of course nothing's set in stone, but it does seem like the story is headed towards

Spoiler

Friendzone level : karuta. 

What a chapter! 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I do think this falls under spoiler rules, does it not?

I really love how Arata is 100% ok with her decision to postpone everything-he understands that at the moment they both have a dream that is going to take priority. Really love how those two are on the same wavelength.

Also love how her mind went straight to Arata after witnessing the whole Kana/Tsukue confession scene. It's very telling IMO.

Spoiler

Holy sh*t. What a chapter.

Spoiler

Why? THAT'S the OTP, isn't it? Arata? Taichi? NOPE! They're both doomed to always be 2nd place.

For a moment, i think chihaya never reply the 'question'(!)... fiyuu, what a chapter...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Holy sh*t. What a chapter.
Spoiler

This chapter feels like the setup for the endgame of the series, which makes sense, considering the opening chapter and the timeline.

Good on Shinobu in recognition of her need to evolve, but still sad she doesn't see others as friends. Tho good on her MOM of all people coming to her defense =)

Nikuman-senpai for the kewl points =D

Also, def feel likes it's meta-commentary trolling with Chihaya's reply to Arata- very much a "I love Karuta most of all!" in joke

I <3 nishida in the most recent chapter!  seaweed  salt. ^_^

thank you tdx!

PS.  I almost feel bad for shinobu, losing to the guy she might like (who absolutely has no interest in her)  and then to be a captive audience of a passionate spring...of 2 karuta nuts. ^_^  she's goin' WTF??!  (inthis respect, she's "normal" ^_^

DAMN!

Spoiler

Deep down, I wouldn't mind Shinobu winning.
I'm on your side Shinobu! T_T

P.S.
Still a big fan of Arata! (can't wait for him to bounce back from Chiharu and beat down everyone else!)

Where is the movie out with subs?

Enjoy. Only the first movie is out at the moment though. 2nd don't know when will be released online, and 3rd will likely be late 2017* I think.

Raw:
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=852480 The ads on the site may be NSFW though.

Subs:
Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/download/kk4pxitwf0f3spc/
SubScene - https://subscene.com/subtitles/chihayafuru-part-i/english/1410654
OpenSubtitles - http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/6743429/chihayafuru-part-i-en

And music video theme by Perfume for those can't get enough of it like me, playing it on loop.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6T0wOMsNrI

*Oct 20 Update: Saw 2nd movie. It's out on BD/DVD too on yesasia if you want to support them by buying it. It's also out too on same site listed above.

3rd movie info: http://www.animeherald.com/2016/04/29/third-chihayafuru-live-action-film-works/

...however, it's not listed on imdb, or anywhere else that I saw for that matter. Makes me worried it could be a false alarm/premature announcement...Hope I'm wrong about that though. Saw the short preview at the end of the 2nd movie where they're all wearing hakama...for some reason they didn't leave a name for a third movie like they did in the first movie (naming Shimo no ku the subtitle for the 2nd)...so it may just be either someone's guess after seeing the 2nd movie, or they just filmed the preview for the sake of a preview to show what could happen....I don't know, it's all up in the air. Wish someone can confirm what's what, because I would like to see a 3rd live-action installment (as well as another anime season). Shit, this is just like the anime and bilingual manga all over again...giving us a tease with 2 installments, then leaving us hanging.

i see part 1 for the movie with subs, but i'm having difficulty with finding part with subs (i'm still enjoying the most recent chapter)

Not only the live-action movie is finally out online with subs, but a new chapter as well, at the same time. I feel like all my luck for the year has been used up already.

Where is the movie out with subs?

Not only the live-action movie is finally out online with subs, but a new chapter as well, at the same time. I feel like all my luck for the year has been used up already.

im a 23 year old college male and I won't lie, when I saw the panel of Arata looking down at Shinobu with the caption "It's my turn to take" I squealed a little lmao. I seriously hope that Arata and Suo will go up agaisnt each other for the meijin title, it'll be a dictator karuta style vs dictator karuta style death-match :)

Shinobu-chan =( different circumstances this time, and she was at her best (save the kimono issues, which to be fair was not insignificant in their annoyance). If anything, more pressure this time with the TV cameras, mom, and support of her grandma and kimono sponsors, and worse, her sad realization of her lonesome life- that she doesn't see Chihaya as a friend just makes it sadder =( Maybe it makes her stronger, spurring change, but eeesh, girl is gonna take a big time L emotionally from her mom and grandma and herself in the short term...

Anyway, Arata winning again, looool.

yep.. it's a repeat of previous year, but the implication is totally different.

this set up the flag mainly for Arata's and Shinobu's development instead of Chihaya's and Taichi's like last year. although of course... she can mix it up, it's Suetsugu's sensei afterall

Don't say "when i win, i'll confess her", just don't.,

Yeah, it was an obvious death flag from the beginning, hahah.

But if she won, she'll probably be the one to confess so it'll work out! :P

Anyway, Arata winning again, looool.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics