Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 116votes)

Yuki ni Tsubasa

Alt Names: alt 雪にツバサalt Wings Upon Snow
Author: Takahashi Shin
Artist: Takahashi Shin
Genres: Drama DramaMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tsubasa lives in a hotspring town that is about to fade away from a bad economy. He is a middle school delinquent, and is beat up at school almost every day. He has a secret, though: he is a psychic, but he is embarrassed of this fact because his abilities are "lame" and not worth bragging about. One day, however, he realizes that he can read the mind of a mute girl named Yuki.
Go to Yuki ni Tsubasa Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

196 Comments

Are there really little towns like this?  It seems like half little town, half vicious inner-city slum.
It's interesting, don't get me wrong.  I'm interested in the major characters, especially the main.  But every so often I find myself thinking "What, really?!"

Towns that live off of tourism don't tend to have the greatest economy for those who aren't tourists. You have the main drag for the tourists, and then very close by you have where the people who live off the tourist money as cooks, cleaners and such staff live. Acapulco and Atlantic City are both very dangerous places once you leave the beach area. And both of those places qualify as "declining tourist towns" like the town described in this manga, albeit they are somewhat larger places.

Are there really little towns like this?  It seems like half little town, half vicious inner-city slum.

It's interesting, don't get me wrong.  I'm interested in the major characters, especially the main.  But every so often I find myself thinking "What, really?!"

Sad to say.. but there were references that she clearly has been raped prior to the start of the manga more than once.

Though I know nothing of the details, I believe the reason for the prequel series (Yuki ni Tsubasa - Haru) is the need or desire to explain how she came to be the person you see at the beginning of this series. I have the series at home, but haven't even cracked it open. If I finish this series, and somebody else hasn't done it already, then we shall see about scanlating the prequel series too.
Spoiler

Two rape attempts in as many chapters... how lovely.

Sad to say.. but there were references that she clearly has been raped prior to the start of the manga more than once.

I really like the contrast between what she thinks and what she actually tells him.

Two rape attempts in as many chapters... how lovely.

I understand that just thinking and not talking is the MC's main caracteristic, but now its getting too much.

I hope author make things more natural in the future.

oh god... for some reason... for some freakin reason, i feel like i don't want to read this manga anymore...
how should i say this... its something in this manga that makes me go "Aaarrrg!!" and such...

I suspect that gods don't get gray hair unless they want it, though. 8-/

Thank you for the chapter, Mr. God! (beer)

Dude, you're a god.

I suspect that gods don't get gray hair unless they want it, though. 8-/

Don't ask me why the publisher decided to put a credits page in the middle of the book, but there you have it.  A new chapter, plus a correction to the previous chapter.

I like this series so far. I like it a whole lot.

The complete story is very long.  Condensing it considerably, I have dabbled in Japanese since about 1996, but didn't get serious about it until early 2008.   At that point, I bought and downloaded the Pimsleur CDs (90 lessons) for Japanese, and played them during my commutes, replaying each lesson until I was ready to move on to the next lesson.  At the same time, I bought and read "Japanese for Dummies", "An Idiot's Guide to Conversational Japanese", "Japanese Demystified" and several other books on the language.  I bought a number of anime DVDs, including everything Miyazaki, and only played them with the Japanese voice tracks.  I discovered a web site called "JapanesePod101.com", and downloaded hundreds of their podcasts, listening to them in my car to and from work, as I had earlier done with the Pimsleur CDs.   I discovered manga, and downloaded the raws for several of them so that I could try to read them.

At that time, my wife began to wonder if I had a Japanese girlfriend on the side...

And yet with all that, I felt like I was hitting a wall.  So I decided to take the "sink or swim" approach.  I got involved in the Baka-Tsuki light novel translation project, and am still involved with it.  I have translated well over a thousand pages for them so far, and continue to work on it, albeit at a pace of only two pages per week, now that I have become distracted by manga scanlation.

It took me two whole weeks to translate my first page for Baka-Tsuki, back in December 2009.  I consulted with a number of Japanese native speakers while working on those pages, and may have convinced them I am now an otaku.  One of them tried to convince me I ought to work on something more constructive...

I still have much to learn, and would very likely fail any "standard" test of my level of Japanese proficiency, for the simple reason that my learning has not followed the "standard" path.  I have had very little practice in talking or writing Japanese.  Almost all my effort has gone into learning the kanji and the grammar, and discovering how to render it all into English.  One of these days I suppose I ought to take a class at the local university to round out my education in the language.

Dude, you're a god. The fact that you're working this hard for what seems to be a purely recreational activity attests to your mental fortitude and character. The fact that we benefit this much from your altruism is borderline criminal, but I'd like to thank you all the same. Your translations/scanlations are fantastic. Please, keep up the good work. 

I'd love to know what methods you took in learning. I'm also working on learning and am curious about what methods other people used to learn.

The complete story is very long.  Condensing it considerably, I have dabbled in Japanese since about 1996, but didn't get serious about it until early 2008.   At that point, I bought and downloaded the Pimsleur CDs (90 lessons) for Japanese, and played them during my commutes, replaying each lesson until I was ready to move on to the next lesson.  At the same time, I bought and read "Japanese for Dummies", "An Idiot's Guide to Conversational Japanese", "Japanese Demystified" and several other books on the language.  I bought a number of anime DVDs, including everything Miyazaki, and only played them with the Japanese voice tracks.  I discovered a web site called "JapanesePod101.com", and downloaded hundreds of their podcasts, listening to them in my car to and from work, as I had earlier done with the Pimsleur CDs.   I discovered manga, and downloaded the raws for several of them so that I could try to read them.

At that time, my wife began to wonder if I had a Japanese girlfriend on the side...

And yet with all that, I felt like I was hitting a wall.  So I decided to take the "sink or swim" approach.  I got involved in the Baka-Tsuki light novel translation project, and am still involved with it.  I have translated well over a thousand pages for them so far, and continue to work on it, albeit at a pace of only two pages per week, now that I have become distracted by manga scanlation.

It took me two whole weeks to translate my first page for Baka-Tsuki, back in December 2009.  I consulted with a number of Japanese native speakers while working on those pages, and may have convinced them I am now an otaku.  One of them tried to convince me I ought to work on something more constructive...

I still have much to learn, and would very likely fail any "standard" test of my level of Japanese proficiency, for the simple reason that my learning has not followed the "standard" path.  I have had very little practice in talking or writing Japanese.  Almost all my effort has gone into learning the kanji and the grammar, and discovering how to render it all into English.  One of these days I suppose I ought to take a class at the local university to round out my education in the language.

Anybody can learn Japanese, provided they are willing to put forth the very non-trivial effort required.  And the younger you are, and the harder you try, the quicker you will learn.  For me, starting to learn the language in my late middle age has been an exercise in stubborn persistence, sometimes akin to butting one's head against a wall repeatedly.  But my rock-headed stubbornness is beginning to pay off, finally, after nearly seven years.  Even so, I still feel like a beginner at times.

My wife will attest to how rock-headed stubborn I can be...

I'd love to know what methods you took in learning. I'm also working on learning and am curious about what methods other people used to learn.

Instant follow

thanks for scanlating this series :D !! (it has 8 volumes + 8 volumes of haru xDD)

And I have purchased them all from Amazon JP.  Whether I complete the whole thing is another question, especially the prequel (Yuki ni Tsubasa - Haru) series.  Let's see how things go.

You did amazing, really. When I saw the raws some time ago, I was already thinking of blur-and-cover the texts instead of making meticulous redraws for this series. Thanks for doing this.

As with most redrawing (from what I have seen of other people's work), there is a certain amount of cheating involved.  While I do go in there pixel by pixel when I must, there are other times when Photoshop's "Context Aware Fill" is more than sufficient.  And there are other times when it hardly matters: like when translated text will overlay the redrawing anyhow.

FWIW, I prefer to get all my cleaning and redrawing done before I even touch the typesetting.  That way, my PSDs can be reused for other languages with minimal effort.  Both Spanish and Vietnamese translations of this series are being prepared by others (they asked me if they could).

Pardon the redraws.  We will probably redo some of them and reupload in the next week or two.

You did amazing, really. When I saw the raws some time ago, I was already thinking of blur-and-cover the texts instead of making meticulous redraws for this series. Thanks for doing this.

thanks for scanlating this series :D !! (it has 8 volumes + 8 volumes of haru xDD)

Could be just a psychological thing. He thinks his powers are weak so they end up weak, but when she shows up he actually tries using his powers to the fullest. 

yep I think the same

sooo... basically he is an almighty type that is extremely weak, while she is some sort of amplifier/adjuster factor?

I think the power of her is telepathy, she made the letters appear in the game and he can hear her toughts/what she tries to say (his power is telekinesis or if he had both it would be too OP), so I don't think he lied in ch.2 but she doesn't know how to use her power. 

The answer's "yes", dude

sooo... basically he is an almighty type that is extremely weak, while she is some sort of amplifier/adjuster factor?

Could be just a psychological thing. He thinks his powers are weak so they end up weak, but when she shows up he actually tries using his powers to the fullest. 

...and here I was thinking Koi Inu and Destroy & Revolution were be the most retarded things I read today.

I think these two are both gluttons for punishment.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics