Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 125votes)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Tsuioku Hen

Alt Names: alt 魔法科高校の劣等生 - 追憶編alt Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Recollection Arcalt Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Reminiscence
Author: Satou Tsutomu
Artist: Ikawa Waki
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: "Three years ago, he had the same posture.
Three years ago, he had stood behind Miyuki.
Yes.... Compared to three years ago, it had changed."

Set three years prior to the present time, Tsuioku Hen tells the events that would change Miyuki's world drastically, as well as the events that led Tatsuya to become what he is now.

Prequel:
>Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Yokohama Souranhen
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-yokohama-souranhen-r10198 )

Sequel:
>Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Raihousha Hen
(http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-raihousha-hen-r17695 )
Go to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Tsuioku Hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

211 Comments

the makings of a brother complex

You'd be right... except that it also works both way. Tatsuya was able to use magic because he lost his strong urge (Well... erased to be exact) in exchange of it. That means that he cannot have both at the same time. If he wasn't operated by miya, then although he would still has strong emotion, he can't use magic which would make him a normal human.

Uhh, normal human? No;

He was operated so that he can use 'normal' magic.. he still can use is innate magic, which makes him a monster, without it...

aw shit, is it my birthday?

Thank you very much for translate this for us.

:D

Idk what will happen to the manga but a word of warning that the LN had a lot of time jumps so just be on guard that it might be confusing to 'slip' this to the previous arcs.
(So far what I read seems to be that this arc is fully prior to the previous arcs)

Well, it is called Reminiscence. ;)

In the LN, timelines switch (between past and present) roughly every chapter. It's quite good and explores the history of the main characters and how "onii-sama" came to be. P:

Idk what will happen to the manga but a word of warning that the LN had a lot of time jumps so just be on guard that it might be confusing to 'slip' this to the previous arcs.
(So far what I read seems to be that this arc is fully prior to the previous arcs)

Oniisama!

I think the difference between Tatsuya and the Sakurai series is he was actually born as a normal human and was then operated on whereas the Sakurai are basically test tube babies in a sense since they're created through technology rather than normal means which could be one reason why they have short lives.

Tatsuya was born a Magician, but not one by the definition his family uses. In essence, his facility with two of the building blocks of magic (create and destroy) was so high that he couldn't do the alteration part that goes after that well. His family has a very strict definition for being a Magician which he doesn't meet because of this. They added something in to try to make up for it, but failed. But that wasn't the same as the process used to make Sakurai.

The thing about Tatsuya is that be never loses control.  He's basically incapable of losing control.  He only seems to lose control when Miyuki's threatened because his affection for her is the only emotion he has. 

As to whether or not he'll live very long, I'm curious about that too.  When Sakurai died, she alludes to the fact that "manufactured" magicians don't live very long.  Makes me wonder if Tatsuya will face a similar fate.  Especially with how things are going as of Volumes 12 & 13 in the Light novels.  He's basically surrounded by all sides and too many people, most of them not friendly, have learned too much about him. 

Unless the author pulls some stuff completely out of his ass, I can't really see a "happily ever after" for the Shiba siblings.

I think the difference between Tatsuya and the Sakurai series is he was actually born as a normal human and was then operated on whereas the Sakurai are basically test tube babies in a sense since they're created through technology rather than normal means which could be one reason why they have short lives.

OK guy, we are working on ch.2 and other stuff so it'd be delayed a bit. The script is done but the graphic arts (a.k.a. cleaning, TS and so) is taking time.

im starting to think what his mother did to him actually helped him. i mean imagine what he's capable of and what he's capable of doing when he loses control especially when it concerns miyuki. he prolly won't live long due to everyone seeing him as a monster.

The thing about Tatsuya is that be never loses control.  He's basically incapable of losing control.  He only seems to lose control when Miyuki's threatened because his affection for her is the only emotion he has. 

As to whether or not he'll live very long, I'm curious about that too.  When Sakurai died, she alludes to the fact that "manufactured" magicians don't live very long.  Makes me wonder if Tatsuya will face a similar fate.  Especially with how things are going as of Volumes 12 & 13 in the Light novels.  He's basically surrounded by all sides and too many people, most of them not friendly, have learned too much about him. 

Unless the author pulls some stuff completely out of his ass, I can't really see a "happily ever after" for the Shiba siblings.

im starting to think what his mother did to him actually helped him. i mean imagine what he's capable of and what he's capable of doing when he loses control especially when it concerns miyuki. he prolly won't live long due to everyone seeing him as a monster.

You'd be right... except that it also works both way. Tatsuya was able to use magic because he lost his strong urge (Well... erased to be exact) in exchange of it. That means that he cannot have both at the same time. If he wasn't operated by miya, then although he would still has strong emotion, he can't use magic which would make him a normal human.

im looking forward to seeing this version proceed onwards too, makes for a great chance to see the past leading upto the present time situation between the siblings :)

HNNNG. miyuki........ so cute!!

You mean mangastream is not an aggregator? Really? Everytime I look them up they're always grouped with other aggregator. But anyway I don't know what they exactly are so I won't talk much about them, just that I don't agree with the way they do things and that's why I'm here.

{continue}....

Spoiler

Glad to know we're in understanding. One doesn't necessarily have to agree to everything, but it's always better to know the circumstances behind it and approach the situation with more knowledge.

Sorry, I went off tangent with my comment.

We should avoid getting off track like this on the comments page.

I'm glad I've read the LN beyond all mangas so nothing is spoiled due to asynchrony of releases/scanlations. I do suggest reading the LN since good part of it is translated decently and it's the most complete story possible.

Still, I'm glad some of all this is getting scanlated since I'm more of a watch more, read less type

Mahouka is not an aggregator. It's its own scanlation group which pays for its own raws with ad revenue and its own funds primarily. While their translation style doesn't always work for me (especially for something like Mahouka), there's no doubt that they're one of the best groups with multiple ongoing weekly series, a fair policy (to avoid being shot down by the publishers) and really nice looking scans. They're not like Batoto which hosts and archives chapters (with permission from the groups) or /the others/ who do so regardless of the groups' permissions and earn revenue from ads despite putting nary a second of effort into the process.

Spoiler

You mean mangastream is not an aggregator? Really? Everytime I look them up they're always grouped with other aggregator. But anyway I don't know what they exactly are so I won't talk much about them, just that I don't agree with the way they do things and that's why I'm here.

{continue}....
Spoiler

Even though they didn't release anything recently and other groups released past them?? I never trust mangastream or those online reader site for reliability because usually they just pay other groups.

Mahouka is not an aggregator. It's its own scanlation group which pays for its own raws with ad revenue and its own funds primarily. While their translation style doesn't always work for me (especially for something like Mahouka), there's no doubt that they're one of the best groups with multiple ongoing weekly series, a fair policy (to avoid being shot down by the publishers) and really nice looking scans. They're not like Batoto which hosts and archives chapters (with permission from the groups) or /the others/ who do so regardless of the groups' permissions and earn revenue from ads despite putting nary a second of effort into the process.

Spoiler

Sorry, but Mangastream called dibs on Numbers 2 and 3 of your list and they have access to HQ raws.More or less that's how the LN ordered the arcs and my recommended reading order.

Even though they didn't release anything recently and other groups released past them?? I never trust mangastream or those online reader site for reliability because usually they just pay other groups.

Spoiler

umm no need to shout a big deal of it.. There's no spoiler here. Mahouka is written in such a way that the arcs does not necessarily run in a linear fashion. That is why parallel publications are possible. There are small details that may be chronological thatbwill be taken out to avoid confusion but there's no 'spoilers for the rest of the series'.This is for manga readers and to supplement LN.. reread the LN at random and see whether each arc can stand on its own.

It's like reading Tasogare and Kyouketsu and Iris, although they're separated by centuries.

Woh, Woh, Wait a second. Are the other mangas this far behind?
THIS STORYLINE CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SERIES.
It's bad to the point where it will ruin the rest of the series if you haven't read up to the Yokohama Disturbance novels.
As far as I can tell, they haven't even started a manga for that. It's after the 9 schools competition.
Though this story is good, it's like an epilogue to a turning point in the series and will ruin your perspective until the series transitions. I personally lost interest in the series until I understood how the storyline was changing.
Arg, this hard to explain without Spoilers.
Seriously, dont read unless you've read the LN.

this is the arc where they carefully explained why tatsuya is how it is now??

Not exactly. They explain how the relationship between Miyuki and Tatsuya changed here. Tatsuya's change is never shown - only explained.

this is the arc where they carefully explained why tatsuya is how it is now??

i loved this.. was so cute.. btw anyone else noticed the -POMF

Nine School Competition Arc is here. (Minus the chapter 1)

Damn... the Yokohama disturbance arc has not been scanlated yet?

I wanna see Tatsuya's "Bankai" (Full Release).

But then again, every thing in order I suppose.

Kuh, can't wait.

I'm not sure if any group will pick up that arc, I mean the art it's just so... it's just so... I can't find words to express that art

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics