Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.62 - 2713votes)

Tower of God

Alt Names: alt 神の塔alt Dievo Bokštasalt Guds Tornalt Isten Tornyaalt 신의 탑alt Kami no Toualt Menara Dewaalt Tanrının Kulesialt Toi La Aialt Torre de Deusalt Torre de Diosalt Turm Gottesalt Turnul lui Dumnezeualt Wieża Bogaalt Башня Богаalt برج الإلهalt برج خدا
Author: Siu
Artist: Siu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalShounen ShounenWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Raws: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=183559&weekday=mon

Official English translation: http://www.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=95

===== Batoto Staff Notice =====
This comic has been requested to be taken down by Naver. Do not upload, for any language.
This record has been left here to serve as a notice.
=========================
Go to Tower of God Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [Spoilers until the dawn of time] Tower of God leaked Chapters Part 2 New Window God of LoL
  • 3579 Replies
Topic [ OFICIAL ] Tower of God Discord server New Window TorreDeRak
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tower of God Discord server New Window Teixe
  • 6 Replies
Topic ToG Alternatives New Window Paizo
  • 4 Replies
Topic Tower of God season 2 translated discussions New Window themantarays
  • 122 Replies
Topic Tower of God Fiction Center New Window God of LoL
  • 3212 Replies

4458 Comments

has true as that is she got lucky getting into the tower she used baam and she tried to kill em the mf deserves a horrible death in i think that the fact that baam got stronger and not bitch made no more shows the development in the mc

I think you are confusing Rachel and Androssi

Yes. This is literally everything she has said in the past 100 chapters: "where is Baam? We have to go in our date." Now in the first season I found her mildly interesting, but now she is just downright shitty. And don't get me wrong, I love ToG and I think that SIU makes great characters, but he did a shifty job with his main lead and heroine.

has true as that is she got lucky getting into the tower she used baam and she tried to kill em the mf deserves a horrible death in i think that the fact that baam got stronger and not bitch made no more shows the development in the mc

According to his latest blog post...with the appearance of Rachel as a starting point, he will be starting a completely new story. So all of you Rachel fans out there should be happy :) Hopefully it will be one whee she kills Baam and Androssi.

I can feel the withdrawal already . . .

It seems siu spent too much time wanking and they had to amputate his hand :/

He's watching the World Cup guys , it is not fair for us to enjoy the games and him work his ass off ,let's all enjoy it together (Just saying) .

Always taking longer hiatus before him writing about his wrist going fucked up yet again and again.. dont want this story to stop due that.

Words cannot express the disappointment I felt when I found out I have to wait another month for TOG.

Bad news. It seems TOG will resume in July due to the health condition of the author.

One of the reasons Tower of God is good would be the lack of irritatingly helpless or stupid female characters. Even if she's much hated, Rachel is a good character, with very logical actions for logical reasons and enough streak of manipulation that runs thick in the Tower. Her actions just disagree with our sympatizable MC.

Androssi a shitty character, wat?

Yes. This is literally everything she has said in the past 100 chapters: "where is Baam? We have to go in our date." Now in the first season I found her mildly interesting, but now she is just downright shitty. And don't get me wrong, I love ToG and I think that SIU makes great characters, but he did a shifty job with his main lead and heroine.

Personally I don't like Rachel, but I find it retarded that people think she is a bad character, when the majority of ToG fans like shitty characters like Baam and Adrossi.

Androssi a shitty character, wat?

I still can't bring myself to hate Rachel.

There's too much I don't know about her:

I don't know the specifics of the deal she made with Headon and/or FUG. I don't know her inner thoughts. I don't understand her obsession with the starry sky. I don't know much about her past. I don't know why she continued to meet with Baam in the past. I don't know what she felt when she betrayed him. I don't know how she's been holding up emotionally since then. I don't know much about her current skill set. I don't know how many connections she has. I don't know how much she's changed since the 2nd Floor. Et cetera, et cetera.

In a place as cold-hearted and competitive as the Tower, where betrayals are treated as the norm, why is it that Rachel is especially hated? From what's been shown so far, her only "sin" seems to be having been the first person to betray the main protagonist. Yu Han Sung did that, and then some, and even he's not hated nearly as much. I don't get it.

So I ask again. Why all the hate?

"why all the hate"hmmm?I am not one of the haters of Rachel,but I will try to convene to you my experience:what readers,especially manga readers,hate most,usually,is not villain,however vile (heck,it is quite often that the villain the author intended to be the most hated person develops his own fandom)but useless characters,people who do litle,try to do litle or/and,are afraid to do much despite their power .In other world non-badasses,and people who do not try to act the part,at least (no matter how reasonable that is,I mean,people hate Shinji from NGE even though they wouldn't be any better.)I do not condone such behaviour,it is just how it is.Now,add to this the fact that she is ALSO a villain,in addition to being useless,and you can see why the average fan will hate her.

It's because Rachel is the ONLY one who is playing the game right. The rest are busy being chummy chummy nakama buddies. Her manipulative and Crude nature to get to the Top is what makes her interesting and layered as a character....the rest are so fking boring and one-dimensional  cough*Baam*cough

Might I remind you ,fellow one piece fan,that your favorite manga,which you compared multiple times with ToG in order to say that ToG is shit,has nakama as one of its central themes?double standard much?

Personally I don't like Rachel, but I find it retarded that people think she is a bad character, when the majority of ToG fans like shitty characters like Baam and Adrossi.

This, if she wasn't that you would at least see her feel guilty for attempting to kill Baam, instead we see her taking advantage of Koon and murdering his team. No matter what is your objective, it doesn't always justify the means, so unless her wish is some sort of thing so Baam won't suffer (/SARCASM), I don't think she is someone I would sympathize with.

Well, guess what would've happened to her if she revealed the truth?.. I'm pretty sure that she would've lost her pretty legs pretty quick, because one day someone of the Baam's friends got her.

Also, she didn't really "take advantage" of Koon and others. Hatsu was the one who proposed it and everyone agreed. I don't think that Rachel was in position to argue without revealing the whole truth. Then she knew that Koon is planning to do with her and that meant that she has to do something to get rid of him before he did it to her...

She attempted to kill a innocent boy (also the MC) and then lie about it. So basically shes a cold blooded murderer who will do anything to accomplish her dreams. BUT WAIT, we don't know the REAL her. We don't even know what kind of cereal she likes or what grades she got in school! Cant judge her until we know what kind of panties she wears right????

This, if she wasn't that you would at least see her feel guilty for attempting to kill Baam, instead we see her taking advantage of Koon and murdering his team. No matter what is your objective, it doesn't always justify the means, so unless her wish is some sort of thing so Baam won't suffer (/SARCASM), I don't think she is someone I would sympathize with.

Suddenly everyone likes rachel wtf? 

Parts of Blogpost that talk about Rachel.

That proves SIU did NOT want readers to hate Rachel. (Though I would have to agree he failed big on this.)

Thanks for these quotes, and for the links in your other post (which I've been slowly making my way through on the Forums). I think SIU is doing fine at setting Rachel up as an anti-hero, but it will be hard to make her relatable until more backstory comes out! Especially when Baam is a big underdog that everyone wants to cheer for.

Regardless, it seems Rachel has more than a few fans already.
If you have any questions, please come to forum where there is lots of translated info.

These threads would help a lot, I think.

Master author blot trans
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/4774-master-author-blogtranslations-thread-2-updated-2012-03-12/

ToG titles, positions, definations and more
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/1239-tower-of-god-titles-positions-definitions-more/

ToG gossips(trivia) from SIU
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/9764-togs-gossips-from-sius-blog/

QnAs SIU did over the years.
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/9544-sius-qa-translations-discussions/
Parts of Blogpost that talk about Rachel.

That proves SIU did NOT want readers to hate Rachel. (Though I would have to agree he failed big on this.)

Season 1 Chapter 76 blogpost

If Baam is a 'typical heroic person'

Rachel would be 'typical normal person'

In Season 1 Baam thinks he is following behind Rachel,

But in reality she does not get far and gets caught up by him.

And becomes put behind.

I think most people are like this.

So I wanted to make somewhat awkward situation where people would be angry at Rachel yet feel more related to Rachel then Baam.

But it is true my skills are not enough to make such emotional scene.

It was hard.

Season 1 Chapter 77 Blog post

Well...

Baam being 'Shounen main character' in Headon's floor is intended to some degree.

Because Rachel is someone who cannot be so…

I wanted to put them in contraction by showing Rachel watching Baam in Epilogue.

Hm.. I am not sure whether I really succeeded or not.

Intentions only can't make a work, that is true.

Directing is very important. And I lack it very much..

I am still learning.

If Baam is 'Typical Main Character'

Rachel would be 'Anti Main Character'

Perhaps this comic will be Shounen yet not Shounen thanks to Rachel.

Rachal and Baam's relation is more complex then what is shown.

That will be told as story goes on.

I'd really love to judge Rachel and truly hate her, but...

That talk she had with Baam in ch.73 still worries me. I still think that she might have her reasons and I want to know her story, so I could see everything in a retrospect...

She attempted to kill a innocent boy (also the MC) and then lie about it. So basically shes a cold blooded murderer who will do anything to accomplish her dreams. BUT WAIT, we don't know the REAL her. We don't even know what kind of cereal she likes or what grades she got in school! Cant judge her until we know what kind of panties she wears right????

What if she made a deal with fug before pushing him off and she knew he would not die or something? She knew that she wouldn't be able to reach the top since Bam would not want to keep climbing and look for a way out, so she decided to separate from him...We should at least get to now what was going on in her head before she betrayed him, like Bam said he doesn't know if wants to meet her to get revenge or whatever...he will just know when he meets her; I feel the same way. 

In chapter 109 there is an error... karaka's ring change 2 times finger... a little drawing mistake...

In a place as cold-hearted and competitive as the Tower, where betrayals are treated as the norm, why is it that Rachel is especially hated? From what's been shown so far, her only "sin" seems to be having been the first person to betray the main protagonist. Yu Han Sung did that, and then some, and even he's not hated nearly as much. I don't get it.

So I ask again. Why all the hate?

I don't hate Rachel, because like you I don't know enough about her. Some of her most blatant transgressions could be easily redeemed as the story unfolds. Her vicious attack on speedster Dan probably saved him from murder by Apple and Michael, for example. Likewise and more importantly, I think it likely that Rachel knew Baam wouldn't die when she pushed him on Yu Han Sung's (and Hwa Ryun's?) instructions. Reaching a bit more, she may have been told she was protecting Baam from Zahard (whose agent Ren plainly tried to kill him). This protective "betrayal" may end up preserving Baam's mission to change (save?) the Tower, not least by motivating him to get strong and climb on his own. The participants in this plan would include Headon, the 2F Guardian, and FUG (that we know of so far); as the executor, Rachel may very well end up the heroine of the story, as she was promised...and her role is not yet over.

That said, I also don't like Rachel. Before any deals had been made, her ugly tantrum on 1F pointed up her selfishness and frank resentment of a captive boy she had befriended, who viewed her as his savior and whom she planned to abandon. She didn't seem to protest Headon's brutal assessment of her character, either. That solitary psycho-laugh in her quarters at Koon's bunker was also a bit chilling, especially in light of Gyetang's murder and the plot to kill Koon. These acts may also be redeemable, but I can't see many potential explanations yet.

On the whole, Rachel has a lot of bad Karma on account, and we haven't been shown much definitive good yet. She's trended negative so far, but when you're down the only way is up, and I'm staying tuned for further developments.

Actually he makes some valid points. What we don't know about her past leaves us unable to assess why she's so desperate to climb the tower. Nothing about the scene where she betrayed Baam suggested that she was proud about what she did. With all of the back alley deals she was making with bigshots she easily could have been cornered into killing him by someone or some group. And that whole event could have attributed to her mental breakdown later on. Plus there are plenty of other characters that have done equally terrible things to Baam yet don't get nearly as much hate.

I wouldn't be surprised if SIU tries to at least partially redeem her character at some point and then a lot of angry readers start a riot over it due to their fierce preconceptions about a character that we barely know.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics