Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.47 - 207votes)

Golden Time

Alt Names: alt ゴールデンタイム (Umechazuke)alt 青春纪行(漫画)alt Golden Time (Ume Chazuke)alt Золотая пора
Author: Takemiya Yuyuko
Artist: Umechazuke
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tada Banri, a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo, found himself completely lost after the opening ceremony, trying to find his way to the freshman orientation. At that moment, he ran into another lost freshman from the same school, Yanagisawa Mitsuo, and they hit it off at once. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just on time, there appeared in front of the two a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses. The girl then whacked Mitsuo across the face with the bouquet and handed the flowers over to him. “Freshman, congratulations”, was all she said, and then she left. The stylish, well dressed, perfect woman that had swung at Mitsuo was his childhood friend, Kaga Kouko. As children they had promised to marry each other one day, fulfilling their dreams. In order to escape from her, Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this well known private college, but now she showed up in the freshman orientation hall. She too had taken the law school entrance examination, catching up with him there.
Go to Golden Time Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest raw chapter New Window l.kostas
  • 1 Replies
Topic Golden Time Discussion New Window Sir Flash™
  • 13 Replies

678 Comments

honestly i was not expecting that development, looking forward to what happens next

Yup. The rich are 'interviewed' and 'make appearances' at the Police Station. Everyone else gets their ass hauled to jail or make bail.

this made me remember of the fast and the furious tokyo drift when they were arrested by the police. lol
at the beginning

Kaka is rich, the rich don't get arrested..

Yup. The rich are 'interviewed' and 'make appearances' at the Police Station. Everyone else gets their ass hauled to jail or make bail.

Damn..... that was some nice comedy right there.

Welcome to the Kaga Kouko Theatre . . . again.  (Reference chapter 14)

I don't know why but these two love-birds look like they are in a drama play not one bit in the real world. Anyways, i am enjoying ít right now :)

I kinda wanted to see Kouko suffer a bit more for rejecting Tada previously. 

Kaka is rich, the rich don't get arrested..

Gosh, mangaka sure adapts the novel WAY better than whoever writes the scripts for the fucking anime. Seriously, anime feels just sloppy and dumb compared to the manga :/

There is certainly something strange about the whole arrest scene.  Who is this 'police officer'?  What did she mean by that last statement and why did she look so happy?

Besides, the 'arrest' should make no difference to their relationship.  What are they gonna do, send her to Alcatraz?  And what's with throwing her into the back of the patrol car like she's a sack of laundry?

A student getting arrested in Japan can be quite a setback, and a disgrace to the family name.  A foreign student can find himself expelled from the country, and a local student could find his chances for a job in the future doomed.

The attitude of the police officer is played up in the manga for comic effect.  Likewise how Kouko was tossed about.  In the anime and in the light novel he/she is played much more seriously . . . and in the case of the light novel the precise wording used was very ambiguous.

Actually, the amazing thing here is that Kouko is paying the price for having "borrowed" the bicycle.

There is certainly something strange about the whole arrest scene.  Who is this 'police officer'?  What did she mean by that last statement and why did she look so happy?

Besides, the 'arrest' should make no difference to their relationship.  What are they gonna do, send her to Alcatraz?  And what's with throwing her into the back of the patrol car like she's a sack of laundry?

one quarter?...
I don't think I can take the conflicts that would have to arise to keep the plot moving.

Even if the manga was where the light novel is right now, it is true, we would know more events, but at the same time we might have more questions than we have right now.
There is a Japanese forum where they have read all the available light novels and manga chapters, Japanese is their first language and yet they recently were wondering the same things we do. Could there be a possibility Banri might end with Linda? (really low possibility of that happening, they base it on something that happened at the end of light novel volume 7 but the novel isn't finished yet) Will volume 8 be the last? Other questions we don't have right now.
The Japanese forum:
http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/magazin/1385101064
translation:
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1000&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/magazin/1385101064
Hope Kaga tells the police that she was trying to prevent her [boy]friend from suiciding. It's sad, I guess the cop chick and victim-biker just can't read mood. Sure, theft ("borrowing") is theft but hell, it sure was a bike worth stealing!

I find it sadistically entertaining to watch Banri lose it recently. He's got years of stress and frustration built up, and he's just now finally cutting lose and going for it.

Perfect chapter for a cheerful Christmas, too. I can't stop chuckling.

And so the manga reaches the end of the second light volume (of eight?), and the end of the sixth anime episode (of 24).  

We're only one quarter through the story!

FWIW, we are currently six chapters behind in scanlation, and tomorrow we will be seven behind.

one quarter?...
I don't think I can take the conflicts that would have to arise to keep the plot moving.

Who cares

This isn't VN, there is no routes.

Don't be such a dick, the "routes" are everywhere, not only on VNs, it's just a methaphor, if you don't get it it's fine, but don't piss on other people's face, specially today. I am not catholic, but I do believe in the "Christmas Spirit", let's try to be nice with everyone at least one day per year, there's nothing to lose doing it.

God I love this series. Brutally painful last chapter, kittens and sunshine this chapter. I don't typically buy manga series, but Golden Time has rightfully won a spot on my shelf. Love love love it.

But.. But... How about Linda? :(

Who cares

Nooooo...

I want Linda route ...

Please Banri...

Don't take Kouko route...

This isn't VN, there is no routes.

Reference my earlier note about "we're only one quarter done with this story".  For a slightly altered and heavily abridged preview, see the anime, which is about half-way through the story now.

And so the manga reaches the end of the second light volume (of eight?), and the end of the sixth anime episode (of 24).  

We're only one quarter through the story!

FWIW, we are currently six chapters behind in scanlation, and tomorrow we will be seven behind.

Spoiler

...my thoughts exactly...just a few pages later.

The most stunning and hilarious but legit cockblock ever =))

Nooooo...

I want Linda route ...

Please Banri...

Don't take Kouko route...

Its not a bad adaptation at all, seems little more fluid then the manga in some parts, and the pace is nice..

You mean the anime? Sorry but while it isn't "bad" it isn't excellent either. Several events are different from the manga and light novels.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics