Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 166votes)

Yowamushi Pedal

Alt Names: alt โอตาคุน่องเหล็กalt 弱虫ペダルalt En selle, Sakamichi !alt 飆速宅男alt Weakling Pedal
Author: Watanabe Wataru
Artist: Watanabe Wataru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Otaku Sakamichi Onoda has just entered high school and plans to join the anime club. In middle school, Onoda didn’t have any friends with whom he could talk about anime, games, Akihabara and other otaku things, and he is hoping he can make such friends in the anime club, but he finds out it's been disbanded. In order to reestablish the club he tries to find 4 other people who would like to join.

Since he was a little boy, Onoda has ridden his mamachari–a bulky bicycle with a step-through frame mainly used for short rides, such as for casual fun or to pick up groceries–to go to Akihabara every week to check out or buy otaku things. Fellow freshman Shunsuke Imaizumi and bicyclist, while training, notices a boy (Onoda) riding his mamachari up a steep road.

Freshman and road racing cyclist, Shokichi Naruko visits Akihabara to get some Gundam plastic models for his younger brothers and meets Onoda who catches his attention because of the his cycling skill on the mamachari and later find out they go to the same school. Later on, both Naruko and Imaizumi try to convince him to join the bicycle racing club, but will he?
Go to Yowamushi Pedal Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Licensed? New Window buttouchkohai
  • 2 Replies

360 Comments

I like it so far. I haven't seen a lot of stuff about techniques or skills that are impossible to pull of like some sport centered manga out there. It's also realistic that you can develop towars a professional level, even when you start racing at a later age. I guess he's around 15 years old, or something. It reminds me a bit about the Dutch cyclist Bauke Mollema whom till his late teens only raced as fast as he could to school.

Later on in the manga I think Sakamichi will experience a lot of problems racing in the bunch. Based on the thing we have seen in the first volume his agility isn't the best.

On a sidenote, it's too bad that there aren't that many good japanese road racers in the peloton. They have made strides the last ten years, but it would really be good to have a little more professional cyclists from countries in eastern asia.

Sakamichi will be great racing uphill once he figures out how to handle gears.
The second he said Lance Armstrong was good from years of experience and practice I couldn't stop laughing.
the big question here is, what's gonna happend to the anime club? >_>
damn, what a cliffhanger!! ah, this manga reminds me of my poor bicycle. how long has it been since i last touched it..
does it remind anyone of overdrive? lets give this a try
Ok that was a terrible place to end the first volume, now I want to know wha happens next.
it's really good.
Not bad. Im looking forward to reading more.
Sweet, love that he didn't do the race because of some girl but because he wanted some anime club members haha
this is a nice manga, can not wait until the next release :3

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics