Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 351votes)

Beastars

Alt Names: alt ビースターズ
Author: Itagaki Paru
Artist: Itagaki Paru
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasyHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, herbivores and carnivores coexist with each other. For the adolescences of the Cherryton School, school life is filled with hope, romance, distrust, and uneasiness.

The main character is Legosi the wolf, a member of the drama club. Despite his menacing appearance, he has a very gentle heart. Throughout most of his life, he has always been an object of fear and hatred by other animals, and he's been quite accustomed to that lifestyle. But soon, he finds himself becoming more involved with his fellow classmates who have their own share of insecurities and finds his life in school changing slowly.
Go to Beastars Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic alright, so....the murder. who done it? New Window Cautionary_Tale
  • 9 Replies
Topic Beastars Chapter discussions New Window truepurple
  • 11 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Beastars New Window Swifft
  • 3 Replies
Topic So, I need help understanding what the title of Beastar really means New Window angelusalvus
  • 4 Replies
Topic Herbivores, carnivores, the other meanings. appetites, and how it plays out. New Window truepurple
  • 7 Replies
Topic Real nature doesn't work like this. New Window truepurple
  • 7 Replies

783 Comments

the taxi service thing reminds me of a manga called Centaurs worries or something, where in their society to ride on the back of another is illegal 

People on this site have an annoying habit of reading a chapter and immediately running to go put a tag on the manga before anyone else if it even hints at the briefest of developments in some way. Get 2 chapters of a romance between side characters and it's suddenly a romance manga. A comedy manga has a serious arc and it's drama.

It happens all the time. Just ignore tags.

Introduce a new male MC in a romance? Obviously NTR.

Is it me, or the tags are changing as the story develop? I mean, I'm pretty sure I saw a romance tag up there last week

People on this site have an annoying habit of reading a chapter and immediately running to go put a tag on the manga before anyone else if it even hints at the briefest of developments in some way. Get 2 chapters of a romance between side characters and it's suddenly a romance manga. A comedy manga has a serious arc and it's drama.

It happens all the time. Just ignore tags.

Is it me, or the tags are changing as the story develop? I mean, I'm pretty sure I saw a romance tag up there last week

Okay, so eating meat is banned, I understand it.

How will they get milk/eggs? They come from other "people" (animals) too, so I (as it seems, wrongly) guessed they're banned just like meat.. Are there people with "jobs" for providing milk/eggs? Sounds strange to me.

Well, there's this later chapter about a hen who makes works by providing eggs.

After more and more character appear, I'm diggin the art style even more mmm...

I don't know whether it's harder or easier to convey emotion when the characters are anthropomorphic animal rather than human, but the mangaka really nailed it, with just simple glance you know about so many thing about the characters mmm...

So it's gonna be wolf and bunny now. Zootopia reference anytime now.

Wasn't Nick a fox?

So it's gonna be wolf and bunny now. Zootopia reference anytime now.

Okay, so eating meat is banned, I understand it.

How will they get milk/eggs? They come from other "people" (animals) too, so I (as it seems, wrongly) guessed they're banned just like meat.. Are there people with "jobs" for providing milk/eggs? Sounds strange to me.

There are many people in Japan who share that opinion. One explanation for why this is running in a Shounen magazine would likely be because of the fact that the characters are anthropomorphic animals, from which the publishers can classify this manga as more appropriate for teenagers, rather than young adults. Though this would be nonsensical, considering that school life manga like Kawaisou and Oregairu are published in Seinen magazines.

Why does it go under shounen tag? Because of magazine title? In my very subjective opinion it's more seinen than some smut&violence filled series.

This manga is a shounen because its run in Weekly Shonen Champion. Champion is a shounen magazine but it serializes quite unusual stuff which survives in the magazine because its readers accept it. this manga quite likely wouldn't run in any other shounen magazine even minor ones. Champion has AI no Idenshi too which is even more puzzling since its without a question a manga targeted at adults. 

But I can tell you a lot of people will think this manga shouldn't be tagged as a shounen.

Spoiler

Don't really take the shounen tag to heart. Its something more relative to the magazine than the manga.

Why does it go under shounen tag? Because of magazine title? In my very subjective opinion it's more seinen than some smut&violence filled series.

There are many people in Japan who share that opinion. One explanation for why this is running in a Shounen magazine would likely be because of the fact that the characters are anthropomorphic animals, from which the publishers can classify this manga as more appropriate for teenagers, rather than young adults. Though this would be nonsensical, considering that school life manga like Kawaisou and Oregairu are published in Seinen magazines.

Chapter 4-5 reminded me of something. Just going to leave this here.

Dang.

Alright so we know by what the feral hunger inside of him was saying that he probably wasn't the one to kill Tem, but I wasn't expecting him to be that pulled in by it to the extent that he actually hurt the rabbit. Damn he must feel like shit about that.

Feels like there's some kind of thing in the Fog or another animal (Hervibore probs) that made something that makes them (Carnivores) get loose to their instincts.

Dang.

Alright so we know by what the feral hunger inside of him was saying that he probably wasn't the one to kill Tem, but I wasn't expecting him to be that pulled in by it to the extent that he actually hurt the rabbit. Damn he must feel like shit about that.

I'm so thankful for the quick conclusion to the chapters uploaded yesterday, I don't know if I could have waited another week for the cliffhanger to be resolved

I can't get over the depth in this story. Seeing the inner struggle in Legosi so far has been amazing - the contrast between his gentle personality and fierce instincts in the last chapter especially got me.

Godammit, this is a seriously interesting manga!

Chapter four was unexpectedly thought provoking ... what a great closing line there from an interesting new character too. Hmm.

Thanks for the releases!
THIS IS JUST A FUCKING MANGA FOR FURRIES!

Wow I might be late to the party but let me say it, this manga is so impressively good and deep, especially for a shounen manga mmm...

Now some dumb questions mmm...
There should be "normal" animal for the carnivore to eat right, how do they feel eating an animal that's just like their friend in appearance mmm...~?
Omnivores like primates, where do they belong mmm...~?
Will there be any Avian or Water animal anthropomorphic in this manga mmm...~?

Did we finally get our heroine? I personally want a fellow carnivore for the heroine but this is nice too

Itagaki Paru must be currently one of the best rookies in the manga world

Reading this is just fantastic, it's been a while since I read a Shonen like this.

This is getting good.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics